Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[SPOILERS!] I play Alliance, but the event before Lorderon is over the top

Reading that the Horde burn down Teldrassil, that seems very, very out of character for the Horde. It seems like the druids on the Horde side would step in and say something.

My guess is that someone on the Horde side does this w/o meaning besides starting a war, similar to they reason the Horde retreated at the broken shore, it was not a faction driven dilemma, it was a matter of life or death.

I may even go to the extent that Jaina did it to make the Horde and Alliance start going to war again.

TL;DR I am die hard Alliance, and even to me burning down Teldrassil seems so out of character for the Horde.

Deleted
    Are you sure it's before the attack on Lorderon? I got it as Teldrassil burning up was due to the alliance attacking Lorderon?

Our characters are just grunts in the Horde, nowhere is it stated we have to agree with what our leaders decide.

Let's be honest, even if they cut it down, the Night Elves could easily bring it back to life or grow a new one. I find the Alliance controlling everything north of Ironforge very exciting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I don't think Anduin would do something this rash. He knew they betrayed his father and decided to let it go. I think the sylvanus will fire the first shot. Because the alliance destroyed her dreams in Stormhiem.
    Anduin is as you say, a more gentle soul. Genn on the other hand is not

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Anduin would do something this rash. He knew they betrayed his father and decided to let it go. I think the sylvanus will fire the first shot. Because the alliance destroyed her dreams in Stormhiem.
    God I hope not, this "Horde acts, Alliance reacts" needs to go. It's not good for either faction.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    In the book Prologue we find out that Sylvanas wants to attack Stormwind. My thoughts? As they're massing up and preparing, the Alliance gets word of this and Genn convinces Anduin to make a preemptive strike in the hopes of doing enough damage to the Horde to make an attack on Stormwind untenable. Then, in retaliation, Sylvanas burns down Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Our characters are just grunts in the Horde, nowhere is it stated we have to agree with what our leaders decide.
    last time i checked I WAS THE FUCKING HIGHLORD

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakbilen View Post
    He essentially approved of Genn and other Alliance members to go fuck up Sylvanas in Stormheim, though.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    From the new book it appears that there's other groups in Undercity trying to undermine Sylvanas. My money is on them doing something (not sure what) that leads to the Alliance attacking Lordaeron. Sylvanas may even feel it's a justified response, but is ultimately forced to defend her city.

Are you sure it's before the attack on Lorderon? I got it as Teldrassil burning up was due to the alliance attacking Lorderon?
    They literally said it is unknown who did what first.

We arleady know Ashara is a boss in some part of the exp so is not crazy to thing nzoth poison our mind... and he is the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    last time i checked I WAS THE FUCKING HIGHLORD
    ooooooh thank you buddy lol
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Isn’t Teldrassil a corrupt World Tree anyway. I doubt the druids care

There is no fair play in wars, and regardless of what they are, druids are after all soldiers of the Horde for that matter. However, it's highly debatable whether actions both factions performed against one another are justified as their own. Blizzard is as secretive about their interests/motive for this expansion as Void Lords are about theirs.

In the book, Sylvanas is planning to attack Stormwind almost immediately after the Argus campaign. My guess is she fails/foiled and the alliance attack her in revenge.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I like Genn, but he is fueled by revenge right now, and him whispering in Anduin's ear could be bad later on.

Deleted
    Who says it was the Horde who burnt down Teldrassil first ? Maybe that action came after Alliance attacks Lordaeron !!!

And if Teldrassil attack came before Lordaeron one, who says it was the Horde ? Wrathioooooon secret agenda comes to mind (keep dreaming)

Deleted
    I don't think Genn can manipulate anduin into starting a war. on the other hand, Sylvanus is one cunty bitch.
    If you watch the panel: Wow - What's next. Around 5 minutes in, the host (Forget his name :P) says along the lines. "Why would the alliance attack the undercity? ... Heres a better question, why would the horde burn down Teldrassil?" Yes, I am aware the argument can be used the other way around, but I see more as the host hyping the expansion up. I firmly believe the Teldrassil burning down to the ground is a consquence of the alliance advancing up towards Lorderon.

Plus Genn is more or less teaching Anduinn the robes, wouldn't be too far fetched, would it? We all know Genn's status to Sylvanas.

Nevertheless, it's going to be sweet to see the world change once more!
    Last edited by mmocc20c4086a2; 2017-11-04 at 12:36 AM.

Well, a couple of things suggest the opposite. For one, what is Saurfang doing in Undercity? He's not just going to be hanging out there, so if the Alliance blitzed it without warning, where did he come from? Secondly, this was said to be the Broken Shore experience for the expansion, which would suggest that it happens in closer proximity to leveling, so what is the Horde going to tell its player-character champions, "go recruit some seafaring Trolls to shuttle us to the Eastern Kingdoms, BTW while you're out we're gonna attack the Night Elf capital without you, kek"

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Isn’t Teldrassil a corrupt World Tree anyway. I doubt the druids care
    No. The Night Elf starting quests, per Cataclysm, have you purge the Nightmare forces and then the tree is blessed by Alexstrasza and Ysera.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2017-11-04 at 12:35 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"