Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe when we were busy saving azeroth, everyone else was literally fucking around ?
    Maybe this was genius plan of Burning Legion all along. They weren't as pathethic as you thought!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Maybe this was genius plan of Burning Legion all along. They weren't as pathethic as you thought!!
    But we faced legion only because of garrosh ! It was garrosh all along !

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Lol @Wildberry, imagine Garrosh with a tear in his eye, clapping for Sylvanas for having Kalimdor taken over.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Also Thrall brought Garrosh from Outland. Wonder how deep this conspiracy really goes.

I think we're onto something.

Deleted
    But Garrosh was put in charge by Thrall! Thrall, you clever warmongering son of a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    It's not a logical story progression, there would be no logical reason for anyone to instigate a war. Both sides would benefit more from peace especially with the casualties both sides took. Expanding wouldn't be in any way helpful. Can't we have an expansion that at least has some diplomacy being used? Warcraft leaders must be very thickheaded if they believe killing eachother is the only way. (Which they have shown to not be.).

If Blizzard wants to set up a war between the faction they need to actually write it. They can't just go "Well... you see, that character just wanted to attack the Alliance, because they don't like them.". It needs to be a huge reason for them to go to war again that can't be resolved with diplomacy.
    We know nothing about the plot at this point so maybe we have to wait for more info ,dont You think?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Also Thrall brought Garrosh from Outland. Wonder how deep this conspiracy really goes.

I think we're onto something.
    All of this is a chess game between Sargeras and maybe the King of the Void or more powerful entity there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Lol @Wildberry, imagine Garrosh with a tear in his eye, clapping for Sylvanas for having Kalimdor taken over.
    I'm just baffled that they decided this was a good idea, honestly. It might be a little more palatable had Sylvanas been a fence-sitter during the Darkspear rebellion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'm just baffled that they decided this was a good idea, honestly. It might be a little more palatable had Sylvanas been a fence-sitter during the Darkspear rebellion.
    Can we really be so surprised after the whole Legion fiasco? For a game about warfare, the writers really seem to lack any knowledge of how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we really be so surprised after the whole Legion fiasco? For a game about warfare, the writers really seem to lack any knowledge of how it works.
    At this point, I'm surprised Blizzard's writers can get themselves to work safely.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude, the games not just purely been about warfare. This is a fictional and fantasy based world, and unlike in the real world, you can insert reasons why wars happen, you can write in elaborate bad guys as opponants, hell the very reason for the first war between orcs and humans was because of some grandiose evil manipulator in the background needing to have his ass kicked.

If your reason for thinking 'its warcraft, it should always be about war' then you lacking any real creativity for such an elaborate fantasy genre. If this genre was called something like 'Stories of Azeroth', you wouldn't have an argument.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The voodoo grants many abilities, some would consider unnatural.

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a paladin.
    Zandalari should deliver this kind of trolling (pun intended) when you step on Zandalar with an Alliance character.

The few pages of the novel we could read did have Sylvanas, for some dumb fucking reason, say that she want to attack Stormwind. Which goes against anything she has done so far since WC3. But I guess since she's not a full fledged hero, her personal motivations of survival don't matter.

So it does seem like what happens in the novel will be the catalyst for the next expansion, which points at Sylvanas...
    Unless Sylvanas laid an actual siege against Stormwind, I'm not sure how she may be the actual catalyst. Plus, the whole Horde is there defending Lordaeron against Anduin's armies. I have yet to read those pages but maybe we'll need more info to put them in their proper context.

Blizzard isn't made of people that appreciate subtlety or even shown the capability to be subtle. If they wanted to build up Sylvanas as potential raid boss, everything from Legion's intro cinematic, her Legion bio, her attitude in the Broken Shore, the Vol'jin/Sylvanas cinematic and now this BfA cinematic trailer did a pretty retarded job at that.

Which is hilarious because both were the most defensible cities.
    While that is true, both were also the most isolated and relatively closer to enemy territory (compared to Quel'Thalas and Azuremyst).

The logistics are still nonsensical, though.

The guy tried really fucking hard to kick Night Elves out. We really ended up honoring that fucker's memory.

Hell, I'm kind of fine with it. The Night Elf bullying was the very only thing I enjoyed of Garrosh's reign and seems I may get just that. Still a dumb idea (unless reasonable reasons are eventually given) but at least a fun one for people that spent years murdering anything with a Night Elf face around (totally not me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Zulkhan
    Holy crap, imagine if the end is with Sylvanas going "Surprise SydneyAnduin" and she takes off her mask and it really was his boyfriendGarrsoh all along, and the garrosh in WoD was a decoy.the second killer.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dude, the games not just purely been about warfare. This is a fictional and fantasy based world, and unlike in the real world, you can insert reasons why wars happen, you can write in elaborate bad guys as opponants, hell the very reason for the first war between orcs and humans was because of some grandiose evil manipulator in the background needing to have his ass kicked.

If your reason for thinking 'its warcraft, it should always be about war' then you lacking any real creativity for such an elaborate fantasy genre. If this genre was called something like 'Stories of Azeroth', you wouldn't have an argument.
    I never said it should always be about war, I'm just saying for all the war they like to shove into this games lore, they don't know how to actually write it for it to make sense. I Actually love non-war stories... I'm really not sure why you are attacking me over this.

@Zulkhan
    Holy crap, imagine if the end is with Sylvanas going "Surprise SydneyAnduin" and she takes off her mask and it really was his boyfriendGarrsoh all along, and the garrosh in WoD was a decoy.
    Isn't that basically Mission Impossible 2 or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Doesn't Jaina look so sexy in her new hairdo and outfit
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it should always be about war, I'm just saying for all the war they like to shove into this games lore, they don't know how to actually write it for it to make sense. I Actually love non-war stories... I'm really not sure why you are attacking me over this.

Isn't that basically Mission Impossible 2 or something?
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RyJtjY280lU/maxresdefault.jpg

replace Ghostface with Garrosh.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    alright fair enough. But heres the thing again, the reason why they can't do a decent war story, is because the gameplay elements will never allow it to be anything greater then whats already come before. In a war based setting, one side will win in the end, world of warcraft isn't a war based setting, its a fantasy roleplay adventure, and one thats held between two factions can't ever really loose or it would break the game.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    @Zulkhan
    Holy crap, imagine if the end is with Sylvanas going "Surprise SydneyAnduin" and she takes off her mask and it really was his boyfriendGarrsoh all along, and the garrosh in WoD was a decoy.the second killer.
    At this point we could hope for something like that, it would be funny in a good way rather than funny in a miserable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Doesn't Jaina look so sexy in her new hairdo and outfit
    Totally.

If it wasn't for her rather visible breasts, I would have literally mistook Jaina for an old man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    "This game makes me wish I was swallowed or aborted."
    Why can't Blizzard ever do things by half-measures? If they want to spend an expansion re-hashing MoP and pandering to the "FOR TEH HORDE/ALLIANCE!!!1!" crowd then fine by me, but why do we have to all lose the Undercity and Darnassus along with it. I know it may come as a shock for Blizzard but maybe some of us actually play races other than Orcs and Humans and actually enjoy the diversity within the two factions? At least Horde is going to Zandalar though rather than some God-forsaken orc-hole.

I would mention, as so many have already, the blatant lorelol that is the entire premise for the expansion but honestly who really believes Blizz cares about the lore anymore anyway...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    alright fair enough. But heres the thing again, the reason why they can't do a decent war story, is because the gameplay elements will never allow it to be anything greater then whats already come before. In a war based setting, one side will win in the end, world of warcraft isn't a war based setting, its a fantasy roleplay adventure, and one thats held between two factions can't ever really loose or it would break the game.
    But they could atleast make the buildup, the progression and the end make sense lorewise.

And many wars ended in some sort of tie. Look at the seven years' war. The French and the English lost a few colonies here and there, but they were both still strong and standing. Or Napoleonic wars, it started with the French taking a lot of land and then losing it, but they were still going strong after they lost all that land. It rarely happens that a nation was obliterated if they fought against an equal force.

(I like to mention that in both wars the french lost, but France was still fine, which is my point.)
    Last edited by mmoc2c2eb13044; 2017-11-04 at 02:20 AM.