Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

About the negativity

I'm already seeing a running trend of whine and bitch threads, about lack of content, lack of information, and a litany of other "problems". How about you wait more than 6 hours to complain about an expansion that hasn't even been announced for a full day?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Agreed... but this happens every Blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    First impressions are important. I’m pretty lukewarm at the moment, but that’s because we didn’t get a real look at any of the new systems.

We thought Cataclysm was going to be amazing, but it was shit.

We thought MoP was going to be shit, turned out to be amazing.

I don't know why people judge expansions based on Blizzcon announcements anymore.

Orrrrrr...and I'm just spitballin' here...how about they give us more than the pitiful amount of info they gave us?

The only panel left that could possibly give us more info is the Q&A and just like EVERY blizzcon that announces an expansion they will only take the questions about irrelevant shit they don't mind talking about AKA not Artifacts/Legendaries/Whether opposite factions get actual quests in the opposing faction zones or just shallow world quests at 120/the stat squish/etc. The stuff that actually matters rather than adding a proper voice chat to a 12+ year old game that should have had it years ago.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    First impressions are important. I’m pretty lukewarm at the moment, but that’s because we didn’t get a real look at any of the new systems.
    They really aren't that important, given how far out the expansion is.

People's opinions will range wildly back and forth as we hear more - not just at Blizzcon, but in the following months, then the beta.

Then they'll keep changing post-release. So yeah, this is one of the times first impression are of limited value. I mean, to me, the whole thing looks great, but who knows if I'll think that six months from now, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

I don't know why people judge expansions based on Blizzcon announcements anymore.
    We thought WoD was going to be shit, turned out to be shit.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Orrrrrr...and I'm just spitballin' here...how about they give us more than the pitiful amount of info they gave us?

The only panel left that could possibly give us more info is the Q&A and just like EVERY blizzcon that announces an expansion they will only take the questions about irrelevant shit they don't mind talking about AKA not Artifacts/Legendaries/Whether opposite factions get actual quests in the opposing faction zones or just shallow world quests at 120/the stat squish/etc. The stuff that actually matters rather than adding a proper voice chat to a 12+ year old game that should have had it years ago.
    There's tons of information coming out in interviews that Blizz are doing, particularly with Streamers.

So no, the Q&A is not the "only" place we can hear more.

For example, we now know Legendaries are basically out, thanks to an interview.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Which proves nothing. A broken clock is right twice a day.

7+ Year Old Account
    This. Honestly, people are capable of seeing a good design idea when they see one. Yes, we don't have the fucking game in our hands, but it's retarded to say that we shouldn't express due concern if we feel that they're making mistakes. You're free to avoid the internet if you want to see positivism for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Which proves nothing. A broken clock is right twice a day.
    Hey, look, if you want to defend this trainwreck of an expansion have at it. Subraces alone reek of laziness.

I'm sorry, but the writing is taking a serious hit in quality if the next step after fighting against Sargeras is sending footmen vs. grunts, while dishing out random acts of senseless mass destruction - like burning down Teldrassil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'm sorry, but the writing is taking a serious hit in quality if the next step after fighting against Sargeras is to return to sending footmen vs. grunts while dishing out random acts of senseless mass destruction like burning down Teldrassil.
    Dude, I cannot agree more. "Battle for Azeroth". We literally just got done "battling" to end an infinite demonic crusade across time and space. I cannot even begin to care about whatever asinine reason they have to incite a faction war that by all accounts has ended years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

I think WOD was the most hyped that turned out to be shit of any so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm already seeing a running trend of whine and bitch threads, about lack of content, lack of information, and a litany of other "problems". How about you wait more than 6 hours to complain about an expansion that hasn't even been announced for a full day?
    What else is new? This forum take the cake when it comes to hyperbole, especially when not knowing the whole story.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, look, if you want to defend this trainwreck of an expansion have at it. Subraces alone reek of laziness.
    That you think the expansion is a "trainwreck" at this point just tells us everything we need to know. You're the broken clock, dude. Even in the very unlikely event you're right, it's because your dial is stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'm sorry, but the writing is taking a serious hit in quality if the next step after fighting against Sargeras is sending footmen vs. grunts, while dishing out random acts of senseless mass destruction - like burning down Teldrassil.
    Yet, overwhelmingly people here have stated they are tired of the god like levels of power and constant beating of god like beings and want to get back to simpler roots of being an adventurer.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean all there is for WoW tomorrow is the always heavily-moderated Q&A which is about as sterile as the ones on Twitch.

So I see no reason not to react to what we know now, as we likely won't know more until the Alpha launches.

Also I get while some people can't imagine people having bad opinions about WoW, doesn't mean we can't voice our issues NOW while there's a chance Blizz might decide to change things rather than after Beta starts when everything is set in stone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    After every single expansion announcement, negative nancys flood to the forums in droves to make us as sad and as miserable as them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    This. Honestly, people are capable of seeing a good design idea when they see one.
    Evidently not. Just go to any fan-forum, like this one, and watch as people shit on good design ideas from a great height, whilst praising terrible ones. You're demonstrably wrong, at least in the case of fan-forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So I see no reason not to react to what we know now, as we likely won't know more until the Alpha launches.
    So you're going to ignore all the interviews and stuff where more info is coming out? And you won't read any blogs or the like, like Legion had?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That you think the expansion is a "trainwreck" at this point just tells us everything we need to know. You're the broken clock, dude. Even in the very unlikely event you're right, it's because your dial is stuck.
    Oh yes, I'm obviously just a big bad biased broken clock because I found the premise to be ridiculous, the teased features either uninspired or lazy, and am betting against the expansion's success.

The fact that you think it's "very unlikely" that this expansion flops tells me all I need to know. <3 I honestly almost miss WoD. the Blizzard Internet Defense Force got really quiet.