Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    My question is, is the purple stuff floating over their shoulders part of their race design or is it part of their armor design.
    It seems like a racial thing, not unlike the glyph or sigil on a Draenei's forehead or the Worgen transformation. It's likely a toggled feature, or perhaps activated with a racial ability as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It seems like a racial thing, not unlike the glyph or sigil on a Draenei's forehead or the Worgen transformation. It's likely a toggled feature, or perhaps activated with a racial ability as well.
    I'm not against it but it's maybe a bit much... I mean I'm not really a fan of void elves, or really elves in general, but even beyond that, I foresee that void stuff getting really distracting and clashing badly with any armor that isn't purple or blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not against it but it's maybe a bit much... I mean I'm not really a fan of void elves, or really elves in general, but even beyond that, I foresee that void stuff getting really distracting and clashing badly with any armor that isn't purple or blue.
    Leave it off if it clashes I suppose, or use an appropriate xmog (such as their unlockable racial armor). I'd have similar issues with anything but the Nightborne's aesthetic for their armor as it doesn't seem like normal non-fantastical armor would suit a Nightborne - but you can always fall back on existing stuff.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Leave it off if it clashes I suppose, or use an appropriate xmog (such as their unlockable racial armor). I'd have similar issues with anything but the Nightborne's aesthetic for their armor as it doesn't seem like normal non-fantastical armor would suit a Nightborne - but you can always fall back on existing stuff.
    Wait, it's a toggle? If that's the case, I have no issue with it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Wait, it's a toggle? If that's the case, I have no issue with it at all.
    That's speculation on my part, as there are pictures of the new "Void" Elves both with and without their shadow effects enabled. We'll learn more as BlizzCon goes on, I'd wager.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's speculation on my part, as there are pictures of the new "Void" Elves both with and without their shadow effects enabled. We'll learn more as BlizzCon goes on, I'd wager.
    Maybe it's their "race" cosmetic armor?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    well hope you are right .. there is just the Q&A panel left and i doubt they discuss it there . since the *deep dive* panel was quite ya not that informative at all but well maybe they come up with a series of inhouse devtalks to adress all that what was missing in the panel

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Isn't there an art panel tomorrow? Maybe they'll discuss the new races there?
    There is - and that's entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Hahaha! No. Absolutely not. This idea is ridiculously improbable. How could you possibly think this is something that'd happen?
    Damn. Spot on!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Damn. Spot on!
    Technically she is right, the void elves were already void corrupted when Alleria found them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Hmm, well, in that case, I am going to stand by that it's part of their armor until proven wrong. Either way, if it isn't something that's on all the time it isn't a big deal either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Not an High Elf still.

It's gonna bother the High Elf fanatics, most Alliance players probably prayed it was something better than copy-pasted Blood Elves.

But whelp, I was more worried of shitty deals to justify the Thalassian-like elf on the Alliance. On the end of the day, we got Nightborne and Zandalari on the Horde. That's more than I could have hoped.
    Hope they will work on them to make the Void Elves look more distinct. At this point, the Alliance is really the loser here, as our new races are basically three times the old ones, just with some color swap. The Horde gets at least Grimtotem that have different Horns, Nightborne that look distinctivly different from Night Elves and Zandalari that look very different from Darkspears.

I mean, I like the Lightforged Draeneis, they look cool and the Dark Iron are finally properly playable, but the Void Elves are....too meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Hope they will work on them to make the Void Elves look more distinct. At this point, the Alliance is really the loser here, as our new races are basically three times the old ones, just with some color swap. The Horde gets at least Grimtotem that have different Horns, Nightborne that look distinctivly different from Night Elves and Zandalari that look very different from Darkspears.

I mean, I like the Lightforged Draeneis, they look cool and the Dark Iron are finally properly playable, but the Void Elves are....too meh.
    nothing please you
    always greedy
    so alliance
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    nothing please you
    always greedy
    so alliance
    The thing is, they are not what anybody asked for. Okay. I'm skeptical, but I would give them a chance. But then they could make them at least distinctively different in any way. Or give them one skin tone that can pass as High Elf.

Because at this point, they are only Blood elves with Death Knight Skin. Nobody asked for it, it has nothing special or different. Compare the difference to how Nightborn look compared to Nightelves. Absolutely different. Zandalari to Trolls. Absolutely different. Highmountain to Tauren, at least somehow different.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, they are not what anybody asked for. Okay. I'm skeptical, but I would give them a chance. But then they could make them at least distinctively different in any way. Or give them one skin tone that can pass as High Elf.

Because at this point, they are only Blood elves with Death Knight Skin. Nobody asked for it, it has nothing special or different. Compare the difference to how Nightborn look compared to Nightelves. Absolutely different. Zandalari to Trolls. Absolutely different. Highmountain to Tauren, at least somehow different.
    do you fab on high-elf photos or something, let it go man
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    do you fab on high-elf photos or something, let it go man
    Have you even read my post? My Main Complain was that they don't look distinctive enough but instead only like Blood Elf DKs. With a skin tone that passes them as High Elves, you could at least use them for that, otherweise they look very boring.

O hope that Void Elves are simply not finished yet and get some textures that make them look more like Void Elves, like for example Alleria, and less like DKs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you even read my post? My Main Complain was that they don't look distinctive enough but instead only like Blood Elf DKs. With a skin tone that passes them as High Elves, you could at least use them for that, otherweise they look very boring.

O hope that Void Elves are simply not finished yet and get some textures that make them look more like Void Elves, like for example Alleria, and less like DKs.
    well they are all elf's it doesn't matter if they have different texture we have enough of that already, it should have been anything else other than adding 2 more elf's to the game.

So funny reading those morons' posts on first page "NEVER GUNNA HAPPEN, NOP!".

Deleted
    well they are all elf's it doesn't matter if they have different texture we have enough of that already, it should have been anything else other than adding 2 more elf's to the game.
    Allianz should have gotten Nightborne and the Horde Mag'har.

7+ Year Old Account
    Allianz should have gotten Nightborne and the Horde Mag'har.
    that's why you are mad
    got it
    note to my self don't engage m-ra in high-elf topic, or deux ex priest/pala king