Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else remembers when the whole Nostalrius (I think it's safe to mention them, considering the fact that J. Allen Brack mentions it himself in interviews, otherwise just remove it that's fine) thing happened?

I do. We had a huge thread that spanned upon the thousands of pages on the forum and it was one hell of a battleground. It was vicious, but ultimately it was worth it.

I am incredibly happy with this turn of event. We knew Blizzard would listen - when you have a petition worth a few hundred thousands of signatures, you have to at least have a worthy idea to propose.

I look forward to seeing what Blizzard has to offer and to the discussions this will inevitably entail.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-11-04 at 04:58 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Hey buddy, what are your thoughts again on how this would be too much work?
    It still is a lot of work lol.

Just because you announce a project doesn't suddenly stop the workload from existing.

But sure me saying it would be a lot of work equates to them not wanting to do them.....

Let's not forget they made no mention or even hints of them announcing this at Blizzcon so it was safe to initially assume nothing would happen.

Try harder next time if you are going to try paint me as anti legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Anyone else remembers when the whole Nostlarius (I think it's safe to mention them, considering the fact that J. Allen Brack mentions it himself in interviews, otherwise just remove it that's fine) thing happened?

I do. We had a huge thread that spanned upon the thousands of pages on the forum and it was one hell of a battleground. It was vicious, but ultimately it was worth it.

I am incredibly happy with this turn of event. We knew Blizzard would listen - when you have a petition worth a few hundred thousands of signatures, you have to at least have a worthy idea to propose.

I look forward to seeing what Blizzard has to offer and to the discussions this will inevitably entail.
    As long as they don't cave to people asking for stupid stuff like LFR or LFD and provide the authentic experience they stated they want to provide then these servers will be pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As long as they don't cave to people asking for stupid stuff like LFR or LFD and provide the authentic experience they stated they want to provide then these servers will be pretty awesome.
    According to interviews with Allen, it seems as though they want to stay as close as possible to the authentic experience - and the vanilla social interactions being at the center of it. I think it's safe to say that it'll be pretty awesome :P
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Well, looks like blizzard figured a way to make money off them. Good for them and good for the people whom wanted the servers.
    This sort of response isn't allowed on MMOC. You're supposed to be incredibly angry that Blizzard listened to a portion of the community that you happen to disagree with, and provided them with a mode that has zero impact on the current game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Kyanion my friend how is it going? Lets have a toast:

To the community! And so that everyone can be happy and live in harmony! DRINK UP!

You mean the community of Vanilla people I expect to turn on each other when it comes to figuring out what patch they want, what Qol things they want or don't want and so on. I'd wait and see until what actually is getting put out before going too crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You mean the community of Vanilla people I expect to turn on each other when it comes to figuring out what patch they want, what Qol things they want or don't want and so on. I'd wait and see until what actually is getting put out before going too crazy.
    LoL i know, it's too early for fireworks.
    But if they keep the promise of an "authentic experience" everything will be fine.

What is worrying me is this talk about PvP and Pve servers merged......will this happen in Classic? I hope not.

Let's see if Blizz will keep their word for an "authentic experience"

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow, so much salt in a single post Frankly, I expect the future Vanilla community to be much less toxic than that of "modern" WoW, since the bitter, trollish type will stay the !@#& away

15+ Year Old Account
    I will probably make one hero just for nostalgia sake, otherwise it just waste of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerius View Post
    I will probably make one hero just for nostalgia sake, otherwise it just waste of time.
    I've thought about it and it's not more of a waste of time if i play retail.
    There will be thousands of other players on the same server, the leveling is going to be amazing and chaos on PvP servers.
    AH just like old times. It will be amazing for me

When I was playing vanilla back then in 2005, i didn't felt it was waste of time more than I'm feeling it while I'm playing current wow xpac.
    Last edited by smoota; 2017-11-04 at 06:37 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This sort of response isn't allowed on MMOC. You're supposed to be incredibly angry that Blizzard listened to a portion of the community that you happen to disagree with, and provided them with a mode that has zero impact on the current game.
    People are already saying this will impact BfA and take away from it what it could've been smh...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL i know, it's too early for fireworks.
    But if they keep the promise of an "authentic experience" everything will be fine.

What is worrying me is this talk about PvP and Pve servers merged......will this happen in Classic? I hope not.

Let's see if Blizz will keep their word for an "authentic experience"
    I would hope they keep pve and pvp servers as they were in vanilla. Not really hype for that change next expansion in retail for that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Wow, so much salt in a single post Frankly, I expect the future Vanilla community to be much less toxic than that of "modern" WoW, since the bitter, trollish type will stay the !@#& away
    What salt? There wasn't any from me. You spend too much time in twitch chat I guess. Anyways, considering how toxic that vanilla community has been in this and other threads? I fully expect them to start arguing about qol or lack of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    People are already saying this will impact BfA and take away from it what it could've been smh...
    Depends on when the expansion and legacy launch. It is possible some leave bfa for legacy and that is bound to happen. Blizz is willing to take the risk so we'll see what happens.

Blizzard have more than enough resources to develop and support both BfA and Classic as well as Overwatch, HS, SC and the various other titles we know nothing about in development.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    hello melo, nice to see you still posting. they didn't listen to a portion of the community, they listened to their wallets getting hungry. they're desperate at this point and after Nostalrius, they realized they should give in to the uphill battle of fighting private servers. it's all about the $$$

That's not really for the community to figure out, it's Blizzard who's doing the servers. Anyway J Allen Brack said in an interview it would be as close to the original version as possible so I'd imagine they'd go with 1.12 since that was the most developed one and then just unlock stuff like dire maul, bwl, aq etc over time. But it's just a guess, whatever they decimeter to do I'm sure it'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

It won't, they said classic would have its own team and that they'd be hiring new people to it. It won't affect retail at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomizz View Post
    it depends. if it requires me to have an active subscription to wow, then nope. i can just go ahead and play free on 3rd party legacy servers.
    The options will be increasingly limited though. A very popular server using the Nost code announced today they plan to close their project when Blizzard releases official legacy servers, citing that this was their goal all along.

Other free servers will certainly exist but players generally prefer playing on populated realms. Thus over time, I suspect more and more people will transition to the populated legit Blizzard version. For me, the perks justify any fees Blizzard asks for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smoota View Post
    When I was playing vanilla back then in 2005, i didn't felt it was waste of time more than I'm feeling it while I'm playing current wow xpac.
    Because we didn't know for better, but now when we are 13 years and 6 expansions away from that, I really cant imagine myself to enjoy seriously WoW with my vanilla paladin mechanic

5+ Year Old Account
    Because we didn't know for better, but now when we are 13 years and 6 expansions away from that, I really cant imagine myself to enjoy seriously WoW with my vanilla paladin mechanic
    That won't prevent 1 out of 3 Ally players from rolling Pala Fortunately I almost always played Horde, so I won't be missing them, hehe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I give it 3 months before the servers are dead and people lost interest. I can see people flooding the servers for about a week and realizing that it took forever to level to 60, no mounts, foot travel for 40 levels, money was scarce, no heirlooms and after you defeat AQ40, what then? Start over? Stay in AQ forever? Farm MC as a 40 man til your eyes bleed? I give it 3 months til the server/s are bare and people are bitching and everyone is too busy working on their live toons to even care.

I'm actually curious to have another taste of vanilal paladin, because I oddly kind of liked the way seals and judgmeents worked back then, so will be interesting to see if I get into it or not. Though I don't think I ever level capped my paladin until BC, I think mage was my only pre BC 60. And I'm sure not being tank or dps viable at end game would have been very frustrating had I capped.