Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not sure if that was a joke or serious on the Q&A, but I really hate how they're trying to force people into authenticators. Like for example letting guilds set ranks for "authenticator only" people... It's like being forced by insurance companies to have a retarded car alarm despite no one ever takes these alarms firing off seriously, so it's just a pointless waste of money and time. Most people get "hacked" due to account sharing, buying illegal services, clicking blatantly obvious phishing links and so forth. I don't want to be denied access to my game because something didn't work well on some phone app.
    The authenticator ranks are a good thing, you might trust someone as an officer but they could have shit for internet sense and security and get hacked, suddenly your bank is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even own a smartphone. And not gonna pay for one just for this.
    do you have a pc? cause there's pc based authenticators

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to laugh at those getting butthurt over this, when it is so easy to remedy.. But all can say is don't go crying to Blizzard that your account got hacked, because you were too lazy or stupid or both to add extra security to your account via the authentication dongle or the free phone app..

Actually I would like to see Blizzard say when someone calls them about their account being hacked "Do you have an authenticator on your account?" and if no then they say "We are sorry to hear that but there is not much we can do to help you, goodbye.."

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Mobile App gives that pet out as well..
    Really? Cause I had to assign the key chain auth thingy to get the pet instead of the mobile app. (it was my brothers old auth key chain, so I didn't have to pay a thing :P) Guess they changed it recently.

I think it’s lik 4.99

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This incentive tells me that there is still a sizeable portion of the community that still doesn't use two factor authentication.

I can kinda semi understand why years ago...authenticators cost money.

But now, I can only assume it's a education issue -- people don't know about authenticators.
    There's quite a lot of people with weird hangups about using authenticator (it takes too long, the app will track me, it's not secure enough anyway, it can be hacked, I don't need it because I'm careful anyway, etc etc). If this incentive gets a few of them to finally use the damn thing it's worth it!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Aishlinn View Post
    it's a good incentive. why not? if you dont have an authenticator, why not? its literally free on your phone.
    What if you don't have a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Even then, the key chain is only like 5 or so dollars. So expensive!!!!!!!!!
    And probably 10 times as much for shipping & taxes if you are from outside of US.

Are you like, old or something? lol
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

People not wanting to shell out the insane price of 6 USD, and don't own a mobile device from this decade, will just have to be shorter on bag space than others then.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    What if you don't have a phone?
    https://github.com/winauth/winauth
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'm not downloading your software to steal my information.!>!>!>!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'm not downloading your software to steal my information.!>!>!>!
    No bagspace or core hound pet for you then i'm afraid
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Except WoW does track you in game and through chat, and has been doing so for years:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/10/wo...pagewanted=all

Lots of other articles if you look for them.
    Not my point, my point is do you really think they are specifically checking up on "Caolela" or that it just gets jammed into storage? Also does it really matter? Does my life change because they tracked me?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Lol @ real money for increased backpack size. Wtf is blizz even doing? This BlizzCon was hella disappointing.
    Have you been living under a rock for your entire life?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    So much this,blizzard used to not ship the authenticators to my 3rd world shithole so I used this for years (still have it as backup if I lose my phone or something) works fine even today. and yeah you get the core-hound pet
    "In life, war. In death, peace. In life, shame. In death, atonement."
    | CPU - i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz + Cooler Master Hyper - 212 EVO | MB - MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | RAM - 4x HYPERX Savage Black 4GB DDR4 2133MHz | GPU - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1080 | HDD #1 - 600GB Western Digital WDC | HDD #2 2TB Seagate @ 7200 RPM | SSD - HyperX Fury 240GB | PSU - LC-POWER LC8750III @750W | Mouse - Logitech G600 | KB - Logitech G910

Deleted
    Lol @ real money for increased backpack size. Wtf is blizz even doing? This BlizzCon was hella disappointing.
    You can install the app for free on ios or android.

Well I guess my backpack will be small, I don't do apps and I'm not buying a fucking useless piece of plastic.

Yeah I said fucking useless if you get 'hacked' you gave your info to someone being even the slightest bit intelligent about how you use the internet will save you from virus's and being 'hacked' but most people are fucking morons.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Well I guess my backpack will be small, I don't do apps and I'm not buying a fucking useless piece of plastic.

Yeah I said fucking useless if you get 'hacked' you gave your info to someone being even the slightest bit intelligent about how you use the internet will save you from virus's and being 'hacked' but most people are fucking morons.
    Calm down, grampy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    What are you talking about? You can get an authenticator for free on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    What are you talking about? You can get an authenticator for free on your phone.
    He don't have a phone. He uses smoke signals to communicate with the rest of the tribe.