Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCheeseMan View Post
    You can click here to see what classes most of the allied races can be. Unfortunatly death knight is not among the void elf list.
    I noticed the male/female signs there, I wonder if this means some allied races will only be one gender?

Deleted
    Why would Nightborne and even Highmountain suddenly side with one faction in a war that doesn't affect them? I'm all for them being playable but make them neutral.

This feels like just a skin,. not a "race",.
    It's good they add more variety,. but they better make these readily available, as im in no way rerolling anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Why would Nightborne and even Highmountain suddenly side with one faction in a war that doesn't affect them? I'm all for them being playable but make them neutral.
    I would probably look at this more of a gameplay mechanic than a lore mechanic for some of the sub races. It makes sense for Dark Iron Dwarves and trolls, sure. The elves though? Nightborne and Void Elves would just as likely join the opposite faction, and some would just be "meh I just wanna stay in Suramar". Just think of it as an appearance thing more than "Hey guys we recruited these people"
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I noticed the male/female signs there, I wonder if this means some allied races will only be one gender?
    You can click the symbols to switch between male/female pictures of the race. Since they have showed full body pics of both options of them all, it's safe to say all new races will be able to be both male and female.

Tickle my nipples and color me completely unsurprised.

Of course Blizz will lay out the red carpet for the new Horde racials, and give the alliance garbage.

Having one racial that is counterable/missable, and another that is only useful when I DIE isn't really something anyone wants or is asking for.

Vs Another gap closer and flat dmg reduction? Kinda broken in comparison, it's not even a debate. Such a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Tickle my nipples and color me completely unsurprised.

Of course Blizz will lay out the red carpet for the new Horde racials, and give the alliance garbage.

Having one racial that is counterable/missable, and another that is only useful when I DIE isn't really something anyone wants or is asking for.

Vs Another gap closer and flat dmg reduction? Kinda broken in comparison, it's not even a debate. Such a joke.
    Horde will gain a new AOE CC racial, while alliance the shitty ones....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Simply awesome. No other words to explain how I feel about this.

On the side note Blizzard has apparently been secretive about this one, and even after the release/reveal of information regarding the expansion they still keep most of stuff in the dark, for a reason. Just because this expansion is titled 'Battle for Azeroth', it doesn't mean that Alliance and Horde will munch on each other the entire time. I believe the actual reason behind this war are the old gods using their pawns to create struggles and opportunity to weaken the mighty force that, united, managed to halt the Legion invasion and in the end doom them.

If we recall back to what hints and whispers were pointed towards us, from both Varimathras and that creature in the Emerald Nightmare, we have traitors and servants of the void among our ranks. I have said it numerous times by now since the reveal, and I'll do so again - this is but a proper and perfectly planned groundwork for what's to come. Great expansion and story-telling is ahead of us, though this time Blizzard is really secretive about their approach and for a reason - Void Lords and Old Gods work from the shadows.
    If this is all true shouldn't they hint at it sooner? Seems like a lot of people might not get the xpac if they think this is all there will be?

Quote Originally Posted by FatCheeseMan View Post
    You can click here to see what classes most of the allied races can be. Unfortunatly death knight is not among the void elf list.
    Death Knight is not among anything's list... Sucks really, monks are plentiful there but DKs didn't get a single new racial combo. In b4 "lorewise these races weren't around when LK raised DKs", yep, so what, new DKs can be raised to this day, if you played a DK in Legion you just rose a few, including Nazgrim, Whitemane and Trollbane (who then became your class hall followers).

Maybe it's so people don't create DKs to get the racial armor faster... because skipping these 38 levels is so important... sigh. (Yep these races start at 20 and DKs at 58.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daeva View Post
    If this is all true shouldn't they hint at it sooner? Seems like a lot of people might not get the xpac if they think this is all there will be?
    I think it is a matter and secret style of approach for marketing purposes. Up until now, we always knew what the expansion was about and it killed immersion.

To explain what I mean, I'll use simple examples. So far our characters were doing quests, investigating what causes the curse and not knowing what the actual threat is. Perfect examples of this would be beginning of TBC (we thought Legion attacks through the portal and Illidan is presented as main villain later on), beginning of Cata (suddenly world sunders out of blue, people are scared for their lives and world itself is shattered, later on our characters realize its Deathwing blowing stuff up) and then finally WoD, where alternate universe time traveling orcs attack us through the portal thanks to Garrosh, and we go there to face them - but Legion already gave script papers to Gul'dan and he set their plan in motion.

Now, our characters experienced all that with a shocker and were confused 90% of the time. But we, players, knew about what is to come and while we loved and enjoyed the story there, there was no immersion at all.

In some cases even expansion names gave away the plot. Take Legion for example, it surely can't be about Defias Brotherhood with a name like that.

Now look at this, Battle for Azeroth. Who battles who there? Horde and Alliance? Sure, and that is all we know. I personally believe that concept will last for a patch or two, and then Void Lords fu*k our sh*t up like never before because we were careless. That is only my personal assumption.

But with marketing like this, both US and OUR CHARS go into the unknown and don't know what to expect. Sure we fight each other in faction wars, and then?

I hope you see the point I'm trying to make. Typing from my phone at the moment so it's kind of hard to say all I wanted perfectly. I'd gladly say more on my view of things when I'm back on PC in case there are further questions or discussion regarding what I just said.

"Demonbane - Experience gains from killing beasts increased by 20%"

o.O

Demonbane... beasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    "Demonbane - Experience gains from killing beasts increased by 20%"

o.O

Demonbane... beasts?
    Probably a typo that was supposed to mean xp from demons by 2%

Yay?

New races = re-skins of current races. So instead of being a white dwarf i can now be a charcoal dwarf. Whoppee.. :P

It is quite clear that if you're play alliance you're not going to get value for money from buying this expac. Expect to get around 75% of the content you paid for but need to play on Horde to experience (like in Cata and MoP).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post
    Boo! Disappointed! Who the hell asked for Lightforge Draenei? How does Void Elf fit into this if Veressa was the only one? Why are Nightborn even there. Are they not supposed to all be back in Suramar, rebuilding?

This is just unbelivable in the amount of lack of creativity.
    My thoughts exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    It is quite clear that if you're play alliance you're not going to get value for money from buying this expac. Expect to get around 75% of the content you paid for but need to play on Horde to experience (like in Cata and MoP).
    Tbh doesn't matter if you're Alliance or Horde, you're only getting half of the levelling experience / allied races storylines etc., you have to play both factions actively to get most of the content. Since at least wotlk majority of expansion zones were shared and except few faction-specific hubs and reps you weren't missing that much for playing only 1 faction.

Legion made players miss tons of content unless they levelled tons of different classes (class campaigns, mount questline, mage tower challenges etc.), BFA seems to make you miss content unless you play both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    BFA seems to make you miss content unless you play both factions.
    Given past experience in Cata and MoP, you will miss even more content if you're alliance. Horde didn't miss anything by not doing alliance quests. i.e. they see the same story and quests. Alliance missed out on a lot. Worgen starting zone, robbo kitty and other lazy and hacked scenarios for alliance vs fully fleshed out questing scenarios for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Death Knight is not among anything's list... Sucks really, monks are plentiful there but DKs didn't get a single new racial combo. In b4 "lorewise these races weren't around when LK raised DKs", yep, so what, new DKs can be raised to this day, if you played a DK in Legion you just rose a few, including Nazgrim, Whitemane and Trollbane (who then became your class hall followers).

Maybe it's so people don't create DKs to get the racial armor faster... because skipping these 38 levels is so important... sigh. (Yep these races start at 20 and DKs at 58.)
    I believe this question was asked by several news peeps at Blizzcon in interviews, and basically they said allowing them to become DK's when the new races start at 20 is "complicated" which is complete BS IMO. They did say, on the topic of Dark Iron DK's, that it is something that they are still looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwatch View Post
    Boo! Disappointed! Who the hell asked for Lightforge Draenei? How does Void Elf fit into this if Veressa was the only one? Why are Nightborn even there. Are they not supposed to all be back in Suramar, rebuilding?

This is just unbelivable in the amount of lack of creativity.
    Really dude? Do you not pay attention to anything?

(1) Lightforged Draenei. I don't know, The Draenei that have been in the Army of the Light fighting against the Burning Legion?

(2) Void Elf. Veressa? What? Uhm. Did you not do the storyline quests on Argus? #ALLERIA BECOMES A VOID ELF and if she can BECOME one, She can teach others. (this leads into point 3.

(3) Nightborn could be done rebuilding. We don't know the timeline for Legion(end) to Battle for Azeroth(Beginning) Could be YEARS.

(4) Your complain about lack of creativity, but your lack of even the most common knowledge is astounding. Please. Go attempt to troll somewhere else! have a nice day!

5+ Year Old Account
    I have been wanting High Elves for such a long time now. As someone who grew up on WC2, the High Elf rangers were always my favorite. And now that we have Alleria back, I thought for sure she would rally the remaining High Elves along with Vereesa and they would once again be playable for us and I could play as one of the legendary rangers of old.

With the announcement of the Void Elves I was a little skeptical at first. I didn't want some purple tentacle looking thing running around. But now that they have a void form that you can switch from like a Worgen I am excited to see what the customization will be like. The fact that Alleria will be their racial leader it seems, is all the more reason for me to play this race at launch. They also seem to keep their blue eyes as well which is a plus. Alleria is able to look 100% normal when not using the Void, so I'm hoping for something similar.

I wonder if Alleria will train her sister and then go back to Outland and gather up her original Ranger corp that is still holding the fort down at Allerian Stronghold. Taela Everstride would be awesome. Not to mention Theloria Shadecloak, who is depressed of how her people turned out throwing their lot in with Kael. She says that she has no desire to return home and that Terrokar is her home now. Well I'm willing to bet Alleria will 100% change her mind.