Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Class is a game play concept, rules are different in lore. Imagine if it were in real life, what is stopping Anduin from swinging a sword? Because he prayed a lot? Nonsense.
    Yea if you went to lead a battle in a skirt and no weapons because you used the light as your main source of power that would be rather retarded of course he would put on armor as any reasonable person would.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Yea if you went to lead a battle in a skirt and no weapons because you used the light as your main source of power that would be rather retarded of course he would put on armor as any reasonable person would.
    but the skirt has more int!

Lol Anduin. They made the Alliance look super lame in that trailer.

Classes and their restrictions are more of a gameplay construct. They have very little meaning in lore. We have multiclass lore characters, characters that wield weapons their class cannot, and classes that do not exist in game. So I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well that means he is the last King of Stormwind, priests are not allowed to have sex :P
    Unless it's an altar boy.

Quote Originally Posted by GorkAndMork View Post
    Class is a game play concept, rules are different in lore. Imagine if it were in real life, what is stopping Anduin from swinging a sword? Because he prayed a lot? Nonsense.
    Damn you. ������

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Well the plate armor and sword didnt stop him being as pathetic as usual in the fight. The just let him pull some OP light ability out of his ass way beyond what he should be capable of tho because "hero"
    That OP light ability was there since Warcraft III. It was a Paladin Ultimate.

Resurrection (Ultimate)
    Brings back to life the corpses of 6 friendly nearby units. The spell will choose the most powerful corpses to resurrect if there are more than 6.
    That said, I'm calling bullshit on Anduin not being a Paladin. If he's not a Paladin, then no other priest after the First War who joined the ranks of warriors wasn't paladin either, And we're informed that the first Paladins came into existance when priests donned heavy armour and started healing the front lines.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Anduin starting to cry midbattle was, sorry to say, kind of lame. The animation looked insane, sure, but honestly I thought this was a bit much, even for an emotional teenager like Anduin.
    That said, I would rather see him develop into some sort of Archbishop-like figure instead.

Imo the cinematic just hammered home that the times are forcing him into a role he can't fill, at least not like his father did.
    You know nothing of the light then do you?

Such a connection that he has, such a profanely strong spell he channeled, that fills you with the grace, warmth and beauty that is the light. He is crying because the light overhelms his emotions in its willingness to answer him and his prayers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    There is some reflection that he was training in martial arts in the lore, during the Warcraft Comic run, the one that preceded wrath & into wrath, he used a bow a lot, hunting and even going up to Onyxia with a bow, during the comic run he also throws a dagger into an assassin sent for Varian, showcasing an already growing versatile skillset.

Now, this doesn't directly show his melee training, but it shows that he's not JUST a priest, he is also the crown-prince of a warrior and born into a culture which puts knights and martial prowess at quite the pedestal, going so far that he's even named after Lothar.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Wow-cvr-15.jpg
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:VarianAndAnduin.jpg
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Anduinbow.jpg
    The dagger throwing part wa sbecause Valeera Sanguinar (who was par tof Varians arena team) was (maybe is) his bodyguard and also trained him.

And in "the Shattering" he was trained by a female dwearf who also was his bodyguard in the use of swords, clubs and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    You know nothing of the light then do you?

Such a connection that he has, such a profanely strong spell he channeled, that fills you with the grace, warmth and beauty that is the light. He is crying because the light overhelms his emotions in its willingness to answer him and his prayers.
    in other words, hes a bitch.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Anoiduin is not a palidan, he's a preist, u no?

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    That OP light ability was there since Warcraft III. It was a Paladin Ultimate.

That said, I'm calling bullshit on Anduin not being a Paladin. If he's not a Paladin, then no other priest after the First War who joined the ranks of warriors wasn't paladin either, And we're informed that the first Paladins came into existance when priests donned heavy armour and started healing the front lines.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
    Except for the fact paladins are an order that requires oaths and commitment to join

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I wonder if you are on to something here.

Anduin tried to force himself to be a figher like his Dad always wanted, yet in the end he still couldn't do it.

Yet he had his biggest impact during the fight as a Priest.

There are bound to be some people in the Alliance who will look at Anduin and see what you see, a pathetic child dressed up yet incapable of fighting the enemy, only skulking in the back tending the wounds of better men.

Perhaps the Alliance plot in the new expansion could deal with forces who see the King of Stormwind as too weak to lead them. You never know.
    I don't know, I'd probably be grateful and more likely to stand next to a king that decided to resurrect my dead body than get a couple more kills.

7+ Year Old Account
    The giant spell Anduin used looks like a massively upscaled Holy Word: Sanctify!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Well the plate armor and sword didnt stop him being as pathetic as usual in the fight. The just let him pull some OP light ability out of his ass way beyond what he should be capable of tho because "hero"
    How on earth did u assume that Anduin was pathetic in that fight? he parried and beat down two and smashed the basic life out of that one troll pierced damage right through the shield. he fought well, then dropped the sword and healed the whole squad. dude is powerful.

I don't understand why so many people thinks that he "abandoned" being Paladin and went straight back to Priesthood. I do think that whatever there happened has nothing to do with "abandoning"

Deleted
    I thought he used the Warcraft 3 version of redemption, that paladins can use to bring back fallen allies.

That being said lore figures don't always follow gameplay rules.

Varian was portayed as both an arms and fury warrior
    Lor'Themar is an mm hunter and arms warrior
    Genn is a warrior in WoW but a rogue in Heroes of the Storm
    Tyrande is a mm hunter and priest

And so on.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-11-05 at 05:30 PM.

All paladins are priests but not all priests are paladin's. It all comes down to whether he will keep using a sword + plate armor along with the holy abilities, if he does hes a paladin no matter what blizzard says.

Cool he brought back a few allies, only to die again. Sylvanas charged to the front line by herself when her army was losing morale and took out a bunch of people that led to her army being rejuvenated and leading to them fighting even harder than before. id rather have a leader who makes you want to charge in with her, than one who revives you because you failed the first time, meaning you're probably gonna fail again. Anduin is basically just a healer. A background character can do that.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Personally I walked away from the cinematic thinking the Horde was about to get its ass kicked. Sylvanas just pulled out all the stops, she went banshee, used the scream (AWESOME INCORPORATION OF FOR THE HORDE!) and the valiant charge pushed back the Alliance. They stole the momentum from a clearly superior force (in that battle), it was emotion over tactics. Anduin single handedly blunted the whole momentum swing. The Alliance took the Horde's best punch and counter punched.

My guess is that the Alliance will get a clean win at Undercity, and that the Horde will use some level of subversion to get the Kalimdor win. That is just a reflection of the leadership, Sylvanas is subtle and prefers to work from the shadows and through subversion. Anduin will prefer diplomacy but in conflict will follow general standard of war.

If someone would have just auto attacked him, they could have easily stopped the mass rez he was casting.