Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What does the death of Argus mean for our demons?

If Argus is being used to quickly reform demons in the nether, lore-wise shouldn't that affect our pets? Without him around are we sans pets for longer periods. I know we won't see anything gameplay wise to show it, but something I'm curious about.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    If Argus is being used to quickly reform demons in the nether, lore-wise shouldn't that affect our pets? Without him around are we sans pets for longer periods. I know we won't see anything gameplay wise to show it, but something I'm curious about.
    You are cute. You think they earnestly make decisions with regard to lore anymore? That ship has long since sailed when they opened up classes to certain races just as a cash grab, and when they decided to reduce the Legion to a single world and easily jailing Sargeras so they wouldn't even have to bother with concluding his storyline.

Look at druids. Balance druids used to be masters of nature with botanical magic like wild fungus and using thorns to damage, and went and turned them into celestial wizards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing much, whatever binds Legion demons to Antorus could be the same thing that binds pets to us.

It's not really well explained what the nature of Antorus is, it could be some sort of mass amplifier and beacon for attuned demons restoration process, meaning that it merely speeds up the process and summons demons to it once they are back.

It's definitely not the reason as to why demons return, because they did it just fine even before Legion or Antorus were a thing, that's why Mardum existed to begin with.

I said it in the first post Blizz wont do anything in game about it, technically our demons should be quasi-perma-dead but no demons would leave us being shadow priests that can also use fire magic.

I thiiink they said that demons will regen in the nether naturally, but Sargeras was using the Argus titan as a conduit focus, speeding up the process quite a bit. So our demons not associated with Argus should still return to the nether when they die with us.
    Last edited by Drakile; 2017-11-05 at 07:53 PM.

Armory^

You're assuming our pets go to Argus/Antorus when they die.

Nothing suggests this.

There are lots of Demon worlds.

I would just assume that Dreadscar works like a mini-Argus. A pit lord's heart isn't powerful enough to draw together an entire legion, but it's probably enough for our personal demons and the small demon army we keep there.

That's the least of my concerns. I want to know what this means for the future of Warlocks. I know Blizzard is always looking for excuses to shaft us and this is the perfect one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's the least of my concerns. I want to know what this means for the future of Warlocks. I know Blizzard is always looking for excuses to shaft us and this is the perfect one.
    Yes they will delete our demons and rename warlocks to fel mages.

Drop the paranoia. If anything, if you want to make this mean something for warlocks it is that now there are a lot of more of freelance demons up for grabs with Legion crippled.

Deleted
    Well given that Legion did pretty much nothing for our demons, I don;t see why the next expac should do anything against them.

Just like Burning Crusade, the whole expac was full of demons that we - the master of demons class - couldn't use. Just the same boring ones we've had forever.

I thinkthe devs mentioned that they'd like and are thinkign about giving at least demo a big-ass demon, maybe as a cooldown.

The Felguard just doesn't feel impressive at all. You're suposed to be a master bending demons to your will. Just not very impressive ones. I neve runderstood why they changed the inquisitor cooldown - a brand new demon model - to that godawful eyeball thing, which reused an old model.

You'd think that with the advent of Legion, demolocks (or locks in general) would be able to summon and permanently enslave the, you know, demons that are everywhere. But no.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You are cute. You think they earnestly make decisions with regard to lore anymore? That ship has long since sailed when they opened up classes to certain races just as a cash grab, and when they decided to reduce the Legion to a single world and easily jailing Sargeras so they wouldn't even have to bother with concluding his storyline.

Look at druids. Balance druids used to be masters of nature with botanical magic like wild fungus and using thorns to damage, and went and turned them into celestial wizards.
    Excuse me, sir. I represent International Salt, Inc. Might I interest you in becoming one of our providers? We have a lucrative benefits package for our top 100 salt producers.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    There are multiverses of Argus, destroy 1 and infinite ones will take its place

Can the pet class fantasy finally die?
    nah
    they demons n shiet, they come from demon places don't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    they come from demon places don't worry about it
    +1 ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Drop the paranoia. If anything, if you want to make this mean something for warlocks it is that now there are a lot of more of freelance demons up for grabs with Legion crippled.
    Out of curiosity, how much does Blizzard pay you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    and when they decided to reduce the Legion to a single world

But they haven't?

Are you unaware of the invasion points and how they TAKE YOU TO DIFFERENT WORLDS?

Why are you so concerned about pets anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Why are you so concerned about pets anyway?
    I'm not concerned about pets. I'm concerned about demonic minions because that's what makes Warlocks fun and unique.

They pay him in common sense, which is hard to quantify. :^) Our demons as a mechanic aren't going anywhere, that'd be insane.
    Last edited by laughtrey; 2017-11-09 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    They pay him in common sense, which is hard to quantify. :^) Our demons as a mechanic aren't going anywhere, that'd be insane.
    I never said anything about removing demons. That's something he came up with and you parroted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

I am kinda writing this as it comes to mind but I like the sound of that. Could kinda introduce that into a new demo spec where we keep summoning a mini horde of initially imps, let's say. But, through some rotation magic shit over the course of the fight they demons get stronger and.... okay so basically... pokemon. Start by summoning say... a group of 4 imps. More fel/shadow/chaos magic we cast, the stronger they get and just keep growing, imps into dreadstalkers into felguards iinto dreadguards and perhaps big CD popping them temporarily to nathrezim/pitlord power level before they reduce back down to imps or something.

It sounded better in my head but still sounds kinda cool.