Poll: Do you?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my honest opinion, they can take the leap of faith of extending the Antorus raid till mid July (then we will have the pre-patch) and release at August/September because they might release Vanilla WoW and people kinda shift interests. This is just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    i could see feb pre-expansion event march-april release.
    Not a chance in hell would the expansion be released then. There's no beta yet (which usually lasts a few months), the last raid tier isn't even out and isn't going to be out until the end of this month. Pre-expansion events happen about a month in advance of the expansion release, so that would be, what, maybe 3 months at best of the last tier of raiding before a pre-expansion event. Not happening. That would be an even bigger mistake than when Blizzard admitted they threw away Ulduar after 4 months by releasing patch 3.2 too quickly after 3.1. Not to mention patch 7.3.5 is still on the books to be released and not even on the PTR yet.

The entire last raid tier, Patch 7.3.5, Beta, the pre-expansion event, and the expansion release, all in the next 5 months??? It's all good and fine to be optimistic about Blizzard getting their crap together and not have 14 month end patches, but expecting this time frame is just lunacy.

no i actually see this expansion cycle going faster considering they already have a cinematic, but we have been in tomb like 8 months LOL so most of our time might be spent here rather than antorus...

It will only last as long as Blizzard needs to get everything right with BFA for launch. If that includes more Allied Races, more launch content and/or more changes to live before launch I'm down to wait a bit longer.

We can only wait and see. Don't assume the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhale View Post
    In my honest opinion, they can take the leap of faith of extending the Antorus raid till mid July (then we will have the pre-patch) and release at August/September because they might release Vanilla WoW and people kinda shift interests. This is just my 2 cents.
    Don't expect vanilla next year at all, they literally had ZERO info about anything beyond "we're doing it". Not even basic systems info.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Well, they stated a release window of 2018 so the WILL be a under a year people are more right the the WILL be over a year people, since the longest we could have antorus is 13 months for a 2018 release. I do not believe we will see another Blizzcon before release though, Blizzcon will discuss 8.1 and beyond just like legions did.
    Where did they state 2018? That would be really interesting if they did say that. Didn't hear it though, but wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If BfA isnt out in 2018 then Id hope for some filler raid between even if its like the two dragon raid we had a while back.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

I say a year, 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    but we have been in tomb like 8 months LOL
    Tomb will have been out for 5 months when Antorus comes out, where tf are you getting the idea that it has been 8 months? Tomb has not been out for long, they easily could have stretched it out another month if not for Christmas.

really? feels like 8 months anyways it was just hyperbole representing how bored i am with tomb already,

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Where did they state 2018? That would be really interesting if they did say that. Didn't hear it though, but wouldn't be surprised if I missed it.
    Don't remember exactly where it was said, probably one of the streamer sit downs that never get proper transcriptions, but I do remember hearing it and every news source says they said it at some point. Plus, it makes sense, when they were shooting for 1 year expansions they kept hitting 2 years, now that they're not 2 years is still reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    really? feels like 8 months anyways it was just hyperbole representing how bored i am with tomb already,
    Good thing we only have 3 more weeks of Tomb :P 2 if you take off the week of Thanksgiving (for Americans anyway)

Deleted
    I would bet anything that this will be the shortest last tier we have had so far, so much of BfA is playable already, would say august is very possible if not september

Don't remember exactly where it was said, probably one of the streamer sit downs that never get proper transcriptions, but I do remember hearing it and every news source says they said it at some point. Plus, it makes sense, when they were shooting for 1 year expansions they kept hitting 2 years, now that they're not 2 years is still reasonable.
    One of these news sources would work too, if you wanted to link that. Because "I heard it somewhere" isn't really valid. I watched most of the streamer sit downs, and did not hear that stated. I may have missed one, aswell as the 3 communitys of people I'm in also, which isn't likely, but possible.

Going to need proof, or it's just a "I heard that they heard that he heard it's true"

One of these news sources would work too, if you wanted to link that. Because "I heard it somewhere" isn't really valid. I watched most of the streamer sit downs, and did not hear that stated. I may have missed one, aswell as the 3 communitys of people I'm in also, which isn't likely, but possible.

Going to need proof, or it's just a "I heard that they heard that he heard it's true"
    i mean, google exists :P but http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-yo...ext-expansion/

But just about every one says 2018 or "next year"

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Given how many of their answers were some form of "we haven't decided yet," "not finalized" or "we'd like to.." I'd say yes, it's going to be quite a while.

14+ months specifically? I don't know.
    Just because they haven't decided specifics, doesn't mean they don't actually have the systems ready. Actually making the systems is what takes time, and then adding/removing/refining the features are probably quite simple.

i mean, google exists :P but http://www.pcgamer.com/everything-yo...ext-expansion/

But just about every one says 2018 or "next year"
    They don't have a source either, honestly I think it's just an assumption. Because the safest assumption would be that it's next year.

They don't have a source either, honestly I think it's just an assumption. Because the safest assumption would be that it's next year.
    Yea, sorry I can't provide a source for what I heard, but it is a pretty damn safe assumption, specially with the beta being early next year. Those are usually less than 6 months (minus legion, but that was a weird one with the class changes and 6 months of alpha just doing THAT)

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I do. The expansion looks like it's a good 7 to 8 months away from being alpha ready. Lets hope antorus is better than HFC was...
    August 3rd

specially with the beta being early next year.
    Where did you hear that?

"Beta Test Coming Soon" is the only information on that, that I can see.

No. Releases November 28th. Expansion already announced for next year. Latest BfA releases will be November. 12 Months max. So once again; no.