Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    im fine with the pve content having a pvp slant to it. by all means pull people out of their comfort Zone.

my problem is class design....i havent enjoyed it since lich king
    When you have players largely uninterested in PvP, you can't just force them to PvP and be all interested in it all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    From a very basic gameplay system perspective that's true, but it's a gross oversimplification of the work that goes into worldbuilding and art design.
    Are Blizzard devs out of ideas for new WoW content?

That is the question. If we want to talk about art and world building than we can start another one. But since snowflake needs more of how it is... here we go..

"New bad guy. Same skeleton re-skinned. Recolor. Add one animation. Recycle abilities and change colors and circle to square." - Alright got all the mobs rapped up.

"Big city. Maybe one for all. Maybe one for each faction. Make zones. One mountain zone. One forest zone. One desert zone. Since we want flying to matter later pack as much shit as possible so its rancid on the ground for first week until everyone is epic'ed out and one shooting shit." - World wrapped up.

Now just get the art time to drawing up some skins to past over existing structures.

Oh and no shit I am keeping it basic. It would be pretty fucking ignorant and stupid to assume anyone here understands the whole big picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryry View Post
    I think it brings back some classic feelings for WoW, and for me personally, it's nice to have a break from the world ending fiascoes.

Stay positive cuties.
    Classic? When was Classic about Factions? Factions were more or less redundant since WarCraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Are Blizzard devs out of ideas for new WoW content?

That is the question. If we want to talk about art and world building than we can start another one. But since snowflake needs more of how it is... here we go..

"New bad guy. Same skeleton re-skinned. Recolor. Add one animation. Recycle abilities and change colors and circle to square." - Alright got all the mobs rapped up.

"Big city. Maybe one for all. Maybe one for each faction. Make zones. One mountain zone. One forest zone. One desert zone. Since we want flying to matter later pack as much shit as possible so its rancid on the ground for first week until everyone is epic'ed out and one shooting shit." - World wrapped up.

Now just get the art time to drawing up some skins to past over existing structures.

Oh and no shit I am keeping it basic. It would be pretty fucking ignorant and stupid to assume anyone here understands the whole big picture.
    Except you're the only one here trying to explain the whole expansion in 30 seconds. It's only a piece of flesh/skeleton if you don't appreciate the lore or the story in the game as a whole. If all you see is re-branded textures, then i'm sad for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Oh yeah "Old gods" would have been SOOO unique amirite.
    Well, would be hell of a lot more than just saying: Oi, you must hate the other faction, they be your enemy now!

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    This "problem" comes from a power creep.

In Legion we reached a point where we're fighting Titans (well, avatars), space-travelling and so on. However, in BfA we're going back to fighting each other and other Azerothian races.

But many see this as a downgrade, as relatively mundane stuff akin to collecting 10 bear asses in Silverpine, enough people want even more grandiose and pumped up stuff than Titans and their avatars.

Comics that are being published for a long time have the same issue.
    I get the need every once in a while to scale things back. We had Cata and then we had MOP. In some sense BFA is MOP 2.0, scaling the threat back some. But the aspects of MOP that I enjoyed, getting to know a new mysterious land and a sense of adventure and exploration, don't seem to be there as much. The faction war was not the part in MOP I enjoyed most. I'm not judging BFA yet or anything but the faction war alone isn't going to interest me greatly. I don't need something that can compare with Legion in terms of a large scale threat but I'm just tired of the faction war story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    I still don't understand how people defend this expansion after WoD. I mean, we get Ashran + Garrison mixed into one in next expansion and that's the main theme ... Seriously ... Warfront and the whole "Faction War" is like WoD without Draenor, but just Ashran and Garrisons.
    Do you even know what Warfronts are? Or are you just talking out your ass.

Warfronts are timed instanced content with 20 players where we build forces, buildings, and an army to capture a point and destroy the enemy base and kill the captain. Garrisons were a mission table we were trapped in all the time.

There is no Ashran this time, a new BG, with a new open world system.

The problem with Warlords of Dreanor was the lack of content and lack of post launch support and content relevancy. Battle For Azeroth has more content on launch than WoD did in it's lifetime.

Seriously, basic shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, would be hell of a lot more than just saying: Oi, you must hate the other faction, they be your enemy now!
    We don't even know the story reasons for it yet.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    See above.
    None of which is "original". New to the game? Sure, but they added Pet Battles because Pokemon is popular and the whole reason for Mists of Pandaria is because Kung Fu Panda was popular. Same reason they created Heroes of the Storm (League of Legends), Hearthstone (Magic the Gathering) and Overwatch (Team Fortress 2).
    Last edited by Requimortem; 2017-11-06 at 03:34 AM.

When you have players largely uninterested in PvP, you can't just force them to PvP and be all interested in it all of a sudden.
    thats why pvp versions of these events are optional. they can just dip a toe in.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Pretty much every expansion brought something new and fresh to the game, with the annoucement of Battle for Azeroth, expansion already feels unispired with nothing new and exciting (at least for me), anyone else got that feeling? Ye sure we get 6 new races, so what? Races change nothing to gameplay content you just run with different passives and racials which means literaly nothing. We got pretty much thesame content as in Legion with new names...

Even WoD as bad and shitty as it was had something new like garrisons and it doesnt matter if this was bad or good, still it was there! For me this seems like WoW is becoming money machine, just milk it as much as possible before we give it free to play.
    Garrisons are what saved WoW for me in WoD and I was sad to see they weren't kept in Legion. With that being said Garrisons didn't need to have a mine or garden etc just basic needs shit like a bank for example. I think blizzard is grasping for anything at this point to try to keep their player base but I think this whole war thing is pushed. I hope they have some deeper reason for the War such as the Old Gods manipulating instead of just "Well its a Red vs. Blue game." I will give this expansion a try and see what they do...

Wow you already know the complete story line for the BfA? That's impressive could you share your source or some proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Pretty sure they're in a mad heat to rustle up subs. A large amount of the shit that they announced is shit people have asked for.
    How is this bad? If they're listening to the community, shouldn't that be...good?

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    How is this bad? If they're listening to the community, shouldn't that be...good?
    If they weren't listening to the vocal minority, then yes.

"Features" from Blizzcon seem thin. "Content" not thin at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    If they weren't listening to the vocal minority, then yes.
    Erm, if you're not vocal, how can they listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Erm, if you're not vocal, how can they listen?
    Vocal. Minority. As in the people who want ideas that aren't the least bit good but because they scream the loudest, they get heard the most.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every expansion brought something new and fresh to the game, with the annoucement of Battle for Azeroth, expansion already feels unispired with nothing new and exciting (at least for me), anyone else got that feeling? Ye sure we get 6 new races, so what? Races change nothing to gameplay content you just run with different passives and racials which means literaly nothing. We got pretty much thesame content as in Legion with new names...
    What changed content in TBC?
    What changed content in Cataclysm?
    What changed content in Warlords of Draenor?

Even WoD as bad and shitty as it was had something new like garrisons and it doesnt matter if this was bad or good, still it was there!
    So Garrisons is "something new"...
    ...what does that make Warfronts and Uncharted Isles?
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-11-06 at 03:56 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Obviously not. Everyone thought we were getting Azshara and N'zoth, but so far it looks like that's not the main part of this expansion, at least at launch.

The fact they surprised a lot of people should show they still have ideas we don't always predict.
    We are getting azshara on t2 =)

Nope. I look at this expansion as continuing what mop left off. Obviously, Garrosh impact left a massive hole in the trust of the alliance and horde. This just continues that story along with some old god which is what this fighting should culminate into. Its more a MOP 2.0 but bigger and including the whole world of Azeroth not just a tiny island in the middle of nowhere Kansas.

They've apparently been "out of ideas" for the past 14 years.