Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Finally, a shooter who actually HITS things. I was beginning to wonder if we were secretly being replaced by stormtroopers. That guy in Vegas got like...3? Worthless. If you're going to be stupid enough to open fire on the public, at least have the common decency to actually hit your targets. Sheesh.
    lol do u know dwight shrute

Were the priest and altar boys packing? pretty sure this could have been avoided if they were. Also, lets remember the real cause of this tragedy, violent movies and video games.

I mean they could bring in some (fucking any) form of gun regulation. But no, owning a semi automatic rifle without any background check is my right and i will use it to defend myself from the tyrannical government that has attack helicopters, tanks and nukes...

Found this tweet to be SPOT ON...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Surprised there's no commentary from the peanut gallery yet. Has the shooter been ID'd?
    The peanut gallery was where black people were forced to sit during segregation.

so let's just hope this isn't racially motivated

Nothing to see here. You can't politicize this. Shame on you. Thoughts and prayers.

SO about that moslem in NY....

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Found this tweet to be SPOT ON...

Yup. Mass shooting happens in US. Thoughts and prayers are asked for by leaders of the country. No actual action or bills enacted to help prevent this from happening in the future. A few months later another mass shooting happens. It's a depressing cycle.

The irony is not lost that they were in a church praying when they were all shot and killed. Just shows how worthless those BS empty condolences are.

I'll give you the experience of my country (Australia).

Pre Gun control - Australia was pretty much just like the US (gun shops, gun shows - clubs and mass murders etc).
    Post gun control - we still have 21 guns per 100 people, up to 10% of people still have guns. Criminals still get guns.

What has changed - is the perception of guns in the community, the ATTITUDE to guns has changed. People just don't expect you to be wondering around in public with a gun, so if you are - you are probably doing something wrong.

That single change - making guns a licensed tool (like cars) rather than a consumer 'toy' like an iPhone totally altered the whole way the system worked.

Took our conservative government around 2 months after Port Arthur to do it. Probably take the US maybe 2 years to do it, but it is entirely possible WITHIN the constitution and without taking guns off people.
    A culture shift to respect guns as a tool of destruction instead of a toy for fun would probably be the best thing that could ever happen in America. So people stockpiling guns, such as the Vegas shooter, or showing them off for fun, as this man did on facebook, can be seen as suspicious instead of a normal thing Americans do. I think what everyone could agree on is America has a gun issue, and that issue is we, as a whole, don't treat guns as the killing machines that they are.

I doubt it will ever happen, but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    'gunman in full combat dress' screams white boy, they love larping.
    He was in the Air Force.

- - - Updated - - -

That single change - making guns a licensed tool (like cars) rather than a consumer 'toy' like an iPhone totally altered the whole way the system worked.

Guns are licensed in America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Were the priest and altar boys packing? pretty sure this could have been avoided if they were. Also, lets remember the real cause of this tragedy, violent movies and video games.

I mean they could bring in some (fucking any) form of gun regulation. But no, owning a semi automatic rifle without any background check is my right and i will use it to defend myself from the tyrannical government that has attack helicopters, tanks and nukes...
    Do you even know what a semi automatic rifle is?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Guns are licensed in America.
    As is denial it seems.

The states in red allow purchase of a gun without any checks or registration or licencing:

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I'll give you the experience of my country (Australia).

Pre Gun control - Australia was pretty much just like the US (gun shops, gun shows - clubs and mass murders etc).
    Post gun control - we still have 21 guns per 100 people, up to 10% of people still have guns. Criminals still get guns.

What has changed - is the perception of guns in the community, the ATTITUDE to guns has changed. People just don't expect you to be wondering around in public with a gun, so if you are - you are probably doing something wrong.

Took our conservative government around 2 months after Port Arthur to do it. Probably take the US maybe 2 years to do it, but it is entirely possible WITHIN the constitution and without taking guns off people.
    Now if you guys could so eloquently solve the problem of rape and domestic violence? Homicide by gun has fallen on average since 1990 to 100 less victims every year? It's apples and oranges comparing your country to mine in attitudes towards violence. We have had more than 300 people die per year in just one city compared to your entire country in 1990. Yes I'm going back to before you even had a ban.

So does the Onion run this same headline for every shooting?

Makes sense, I mean how can you keep up with what's basically a weekly occurrence now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Makes sense, I mean how can you keep up with what's basically a weekly occurrence now?
    Soon to be a Message of The Day in your news feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Now if you guys could so eloquently solve the problem of rape and domestic violence? Homicide by gun has fallen on average since 1990 to 100 less victims every year? It's apples and oranges comparing your country to mine in attitudes towards violence. We have had more than 300 people die per year in just one city compared to your entire country in 1990. Yes I'm going back to before you even had a ban.
    So are you saying that because your problem is bigger, you shouldn't try the same tools others have found working?

That's like saying "nah diet and exercise don't work for me, because I'm 20 kilos fatter than you were at some point".

Righto...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Now if you guys could so eloquently solve the problem of rape and domestic violence?
    Misdirection dude... talking about saving lives here, with a solution that already exists.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know if they do, but they should.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

As a wise twitter user said.

Every time a mass murder happens I get so fucking horny over making it about me and my opinions.

As we can see, this forum's SJW trash is right on top of doing exactly that, using this tragedy to push their retarded politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Yup. Mass shooting happens in US. Thoughts and prayers are asked for by leaders of the country. No actual action or bills enacted to help prevent this from happening in the future. A few months later another mass shooting happens. It's a depressing cycle.

The irony is not lost that they were in a church praying when they were all shot and killed. Just shows how worthless those BS empty condolences are.
    they were killed with an illegal gun
    there are already laws in place
    if it is already illegal we cant make it more illegal
    tell me what is your plan

10+ Year Old Account

I mean, there's a set of simple questions that should boil things down, for people. They start easy, but you'll see my point as I go.

1> Are these attacks good or bad? I think we can all agree with "bad", but hey, I'll grant that maybe some nut loves 'em. If "bad", go to 2.

2> Should we try to prevent/reduce these attacks? This gets a bit more complex. But maybe you agree that this is the price you pay for Freedom™. I disagree, and I'm sure a lot of others would too, but at least be open and honest that you'd prefer these mass killings continue than anything be done to stop them, that this is a conscious preference for you. If "yes", go to 3.

3> If we should prevent/reduce these attacks, what do you think we should do? Note that "nothing" brings us back to #2, and you lied to get here, so go back and respond honestly. Note that most attacks are by people with no criminal record, or such a minor criminal record that harsher enforcement couldn't reasonably help on this. Note that complaining about "inner city gangs" is a distraction; most gun homicides (and mass killings) have no connection to gangs (it's a huffpo link, but is mostly data; https://www.huffingtonpost.com/evan-...b_5071639.html).

Once we dig into #3, we're gonna get to gun control. It's the only factor that can reasonably be controlled. It has to at least be on the table for discussion. Particularly as the many developed nations that don't have similar patterns of gun violence all share gun control to at least some significant degree.

So if you're insisting that gun control can't be talked about, you're bailing at question #1 or #2. You either support these mass killings, or you don't think anyone should do anything more to prevent them and they should be allowed to happen, because you prefer the freedom to own guns and commit these crimes to restricting those rights in any respect. At least be up front and honest about that, folks. Sure, it sounds pretty damned distasteful, and that's why a lot of us dislike that, but if you're refusing to consider gun control, that's the argument you're backing. If you can't accept that, maybe you need to have more self-awareness of what your views actually mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    As a wise twitter user said.

Every time a mass murder happens I get so fucking horny over making it about me and my opinions.

As we can see, this forum's SJW trash is right on top of doing exactly that, using this tragedy to push their retarded politics.
    The "retarded politics" of "hey, maybe we could do more to prevent these kinds of attacks, maybe, so at least less people have to suffer this kind of tragedy".

As is denial it seems.

The states in red allow purchase of a gun without any checks or registration or licencing:

none of those states sell the illegal automatic weapons though because they are illegal

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    none of those states sell the illegal automatic weapons though because they are illegal
    Sure thing ... if that makes you sleep better at night, you believe what ever you want

FUN FACT: LAW doesn't PREVENT criminals - it merely DEFINES them.

It makes them less acceptable, it makes distinguishing a criminal from an innocent easier.