View Poll Results: Will you Install the Authenticatoir Just ot Increase Your Bag Size?

Voters
228. This poll is closed
  • Yes

176 77.19%
  • No

52 22.81%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Well, to be fair, you do need an emulator to bind an authenticator to your account and to get the recovery codes to plug in into the WinAuth.
    no you dont even need that anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QV3I_XpfK4
    tl;dr: 100% no use of emu needed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    So what are its setting options? Can you set it to not ask anything at all?
    MY time is too precious to fuck around with that shit unlike some people here.
    Got a good Idea then.
    Blizzard should deny any Account restoration for accounts without an Authenticator.
    Or Charge 25$ using their "Precious Time" that could bes spend elsewhere.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-11-06 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Well, to be fair, you do need an emulator to bind an authenticator to your account and to get the recovery codes to plug in into the WinAuth.
    The hell are you talking about? I've used WinAuth for years and never at any point needed an emulator.

It blows my mind that there are still people that don't use (and even go so far as to refuse to use) authenticators.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2017-11-06 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    No, you should download the authenticator because it's the best move you can do in order to protect your account. Honestly it's just pure laziness that some people hadn't already.

Edit: After noticing there is a lot of people arguing against the usage of an authenticator purely because they simple don't understand how it works, I want to collectively call you all morons. You genuinely are and deserve to have your account hacked to prove that.
    Last edited by mmoc949706cdeb; 2017-11-06 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no you dont even need that anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QV3I_XpfK4
    tl;dr: 100% no use of emu needed anymore.
    Oh ok. I've had WinAuth for quite a while now, apparently it evolved a bit since I last updated it. Even more awesome then.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Neither does your..

Demand your ISP conform to standard, or switch to someone who does..
    This has nothing to do with my experience. It is simply not possible for a lot of people to have a static IP. It's just simple maths. That's why we're transitioning to IPv6.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Simple. No extra bag space for you! Moving on.
    your brain is as simple as a chipmuk's. how adorable

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Got a good Idea then.
    Blizzard should deny any Account restoration for accounts without an Authenticator.
    Or Charge 25$ for working for their "Precious Time" that could bes spend elsewhere.
    Pretty much this. If your account gets hacked, it's your own fault. There is no reason not to have an authenticator.

OP is just bitching for the sake of bitching.

Deleted
    Reading this thread scares the shit out of me...
    How do you people do your online banking or your taxes or health services without two-factor auth?

Or is this thread full of americans who are still using cheques for everything and trying desperately to resist chip+pin credit cards because they're soooo complicated?

Most things require me to use two-factor auth - my work VPN, my bank, my government, my dentist, my doctor.. paypal.. my gmail..
    Some of you whiners act like you've never used two-factor in your lives. Where I live (Sweden) it would be pretty damn inconvenient/impossible to exist without using it.

The fact that Blizzard actually offers two-factor is just added security bonus for me.
    Last edited by mmoce1addbf3e1; 2017-11-06 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed - having a smart phone of course is a cost not everyone can afford.
    If someone doesn't have a smartphone these days, but are paying for WoW, that's on them. You can easily get a smartphone for like $50. But yeah, people must be living out in the woods in a small hut without any kind of services if they can't even afford to have a smartphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This has nothing to do with my experience. It is simply not possible for a lot of people to have a static IP. It's just simple maths. That's why we're transitioning to IPv6.
    It have nothing to do with IPv4 vs IPv6 to do..
    There are ~4 billion IPv4 addresses, which (for now) is enough to cover all fixed lines.. Remember, all your devices have a LAN address (e.g. 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y), but still present your public IP when they access the internet. I.e. Both my PC, my TV and my iPad shows the same IP outwards.

IPv6 isn't needed, until everyone needs all their devices to present individual IP addresses on the net.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    The Russian Dude and the Hammer Dude should get some honorary Troll Title, they really proved their craft with this thread.

Nice one you dudes. Already at 15 Pages, and no Signs of stopping.

Deleted
    your brain is as simple as a chipmuk's. how adorable
    As you are simple minded install this software https://winauth.github.io/winauth/index.html
    and follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QV3I_XpfK4
    and you can solve all your authenticator questions yourself for ZERO bucks!

ps: that software is portable so you can put it on an usb-drive/smartphone/....

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Static IP has nothing to do with IPv6. You are confusing it with non-shared IP.
    Usually the two go together though (dialups, pretty much any kind of mobile internet, ...), but it definitely is possible to have a static, shared IP (though unless you have the control of the router, it's fairly useless) - basically anyone with a cable internet and a home network has static, shared IP, though it's shared only by devices in his LAN.

If I don't reply to you, one of the reasons below automatically applies:
    A) You are right, and what you said is accurate
    B) you are wrong, and not worth replying to (possibly even an idiot)
    To determine which category you fall into, look at whether I agree with you generally.
    If Yes --> Category A
    If No --> Category B

TO ALL HATE COMMENTERS: YOU ARE ALL MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF SHIT YOU IDIOTS XD

Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-11-06 at 12:00 PM.

i dont have it and i have never been hacked and i play since TBC. not interested, im happy with the number of slots i already have for my bags
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have it so *shrug*
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    It have nothing to do with IPv4 vs IPv6 to do..
    There are ~4 billion IPv4 addresses, which (for now) is enough to cover all fixed lines.. Remember, all your devices have a LAN address (e.g. 10.x.y.z or 192.168.x.y), but still present your public IP when they access the internet. I.e. Both my PC, my TV and my iPad shows the same IP outwards.

IPv6 isn't needed, until everyone needs all their devices to present individual IP addresses on the net.
    4 billion IP adresses aren't enough by far. We use some makeshift tunnelling techniques to keep IPv4 alive until everyone and their grandmas have updated their software to v6. We started this process years ago, because it was getting close a decade ago. And it will take probably more than a decade to finish.

And to say that v6 "isn't needed" shows how little you understand. The VAST MAJORITY of IPs (for private connections, a webhost will have a static one, which use up most of the net) are dynamic, and most ISPs charge extra if you need a static one.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-11-06 at 11:56 AM.

I've got authenticator since like... 7-8 years or something? Not the app but this pendant-thing.
    Why do you think it is 'unnecessary authenticator fuckeroo'? Everything that will increase my security is welcome.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2017-11-06 at 11:55 AM.

yeah you have to constantly look at your damn phone just to log in - you are a fucking "genius" man!
    You got absolutely NO idea how the authenticator works.