Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    And for the record there is very little restraint actually employed by the US in warfare despite the paper-thin veneer of humanitarianism you seem to have been fooled by. Aside from the actual use, unique in human history, of two nuclear weapons, we have the use of chemical weapons in Vietnam and the subsequent horrific effects on the deformation of generations of Vietnamese children not to mention the methodical use of drone strikes, Abu Ghraib etc etc. We would be here all day discussing the times the US military has crossed the boundaries of the "accepted rules of warfare". There is literally almost no atrocity they have not committed.
    How much do you know about the Second Sino-Japanese War? You talk about us atrocity's but do you have any idea what the japanese did? 10-20 million dead chinese civilians, Unit 731 and stuff like the nanking massacre etc etc the list is very long. They where far far far worse when it comes to atrocity's its not even close.

Its funny people know all about nazi germany but very little about what the japanese did. Dont think school teach that i know mine didnt i had to learn it all by myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, you didn't understand it the first time, so I'll explain it again:

The US has not had an unambious military success since Desert Storm.

It has blundered from military disaster to military disaster.

There is NO sane or remotely intelligent definition of "most powerfully military nation in the world" where that nation loses wars repeatedly.

It is a very, very simple to concept to understand. Outside of the US-military industrial complex itself and its more rapid extreme Republican supporters almost no one disagrees with it.
    Your claim that it is a view shared by small groups is one you’ve just made up, it is not based on reality.

You are lapsing into self-parody. You do remind me of a conservative friend of mine who insisted that England had the greatest soccer team in the world despite losing four matches on the trot. At least his blinkered stupidity was based on patriotism.
    Talking of your claims not being based on reality...

England have never lost more than three games in a row, which has happened on six occasions, the most recent being in 1988. I am going to go out on a limb and say your anecdote is bollocks.

Best Economy still by far
    Most influential world Culture
    Best athletes/See any Olympics
    Strongest military by far

I mean we are still the only superpower.

So aside from dropping two atom bombs on a nation, poisoning the entirety of a large country with chemical weapons, widespread use of torture from Abu Ghraib through the Latin American conflicts of the 60's and 70's, to modern-day drone strikes criticized by every impartial human rights body out there for killing hundreds of thousands of civillians, it is "holding back".
    Do you ever shut up?? face the music cunt, america is the only country in the world to fight wars while having insane economy and military spending, they can easily win wars if they wanted to, ever heard of nukes??

Everyone should report this asshole, next time i see you, ill hire an american so he can stick his cock in your mouth. Its a shame where your from, you cant even afford bread.

So aside from dropping two atom bombs on a nation, poisoning the entirety of a large country with chemical weapons, widespread use of torture from Abu Ghraib through the Latin American conflicts of the 60's and 70's, to modern-day drone strikes criticized by every impartial human rights body out there for killing hundreds of thousands of civillians, it is "holding back".
    fuck off you big mouth prick, why not say where your from??

america owns you, you shit head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    How much do you know about the Second Sino-Japanese War? You talk about us atrocity's but do you have any idea what the japanese did? 10-20 million dead chinese civilians, Unit 731 and stuff like the nanking massacre etc etc the list is very long. They where far far far worse when it comes to atrocity's its not even close.

Its funny people know all about nazi germany but very little about what the japanese did. Dont think school teach that i know mine didnt i had to learn it all by myself.
    Other nations may have better or worse atrocity records.

The issue was this Republican notion that the US doesn't win wars because it is somehow "holding back".

You might try educating yourself about your own country's atrocities. It is very easy to point the finger at other nations...much harder to turn the microscope inward.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-11-06 at 03:16 PM.

So sorry, but I have to agree with most of the comments here that America is not as good as before. Too bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Iraq is stable and with the Iraqi victory over ISIS the future for Iraq is looking bright.
    Seriously? You seriously think Iraq is stable. Jesus.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    in about 20 years that statement may no longer be true. china and india are strong up and coming powers and the u.s. is slowly sliding into a decline.
    I would agree if Clinton had got elected.

Other nations may have better or worse atrocity records.

The issue was this Republican notion that the US doesn't win wars because it is somehow "holding back".

You might try educating yourself about your own country's atrocities. It is very easy to point the finger at other nations...much harder to turn the microscope inward.
    Not american but i do know they have not done anything like the japanese or nazi germany did.

Always fun when people complain about the nukes then have no idea what the japanese did to the Chinese.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-11-06 at 03:23 PM.

Who even cares really. But it is kinda sad some people actually seem to be cheering for China.

I mean are people really that blind or ignorant? You might as well be cheering for Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheorynPhilispohy View Post
    I guess I will get hate from Americans here, but from facts and figures from 2017 America is in a bad place.

Economy is bad, China will be the best economic power in decades to come
    Military wise, third world countries have more men power that could serve in a war.
    Politics are unstable. Sure, every country has unstable politics, but in America LAND OF THE FREE?
    Racial tensions are up high. Not surprise there, but an educated country would not different, no?

I am trying to stay away from 'oh he is just bashing US".

But please stop saying its still a powerful country.
    Which does nothing but serve as cannon fodder once those drones start flying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheorynPhilispohy View Post
    I guess I will get hate from Americans here, but from facts and figures from 2017 America is in a bad place.

Economy is bad, China will be the best economic power in decades to come
    Military wise, third world countries have more men power that could serve in a war.
    Politics are unstable. Sure, every country has unstable politics, but in America LAND OF THE FREE?
    Racial tensions are up high. Not surprise there, but an educated country would not different, no?

I am trying to stay away from 'oh he is just bashing US".

But please stop saying its still a powerful country.

1. U.S. economy is not doing that bad at all. In fact it has been improving a lot over the past year. Of course, you wouldn't know that if you watched the news, they are too busy trying to create a civil war.

2. Military wise the U.S. is hands down the most technologically advanced country in the world and it is not even close. Having a bigger standing army means little when they can be wiped out in a couple minutes with technology.

3. Politics in the U.S. are no different than it has been for the past 100 years. Only the historically illiterate think it is any different. In fact, you could go back more than a 100 years and show how partisan politics was then. Every country has partisan politics unless you have a dictator like North Korea.

4. Racial tensions are high is not really an accurate thing unless you do nothing but watch the news which constantly tries to racebait for ratings. The vast majority of Americans get along just fine. Oh, and we won't even get into the fact that no other country on earth has the diversity of the U.S. to even be in the conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Not american but i do know they have not done anything like the japanese or nazi germany did.
    That isn't really saying anything positive. It is kind of damning ith faint praise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Who even cares really. But it is kinda sad some people actually seem to be cheering for China.

I mean are people really that blind or ignorant? You might as well be cheering for Putin.
    I'd favour China as global leader. Not because they are particulary benevolent...but because they don't elect fucking crazy lunatics who might start WWIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    As an American it's mostly because Americans are so poorly educated they don't understand how the world outside of America actually works.

Plenty of us are self aware and realize we're no better or worse than any other first world country, but I'd say the majority think America is the best country in the world because that's what we're told by all the propaganda. From our military commercials to sayings like "Land of the free" it's implied that America has more freedom than other places. That's obviously not true, but lots of people don't get it. Ignorance runs strong in America.
    Everyone keeps quoting our education system.. what you are really talking about is public education...because our private education and universities are some of the top in the world..

15 of the top 20 universities in the world belong in the USA

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...#survey-answer

trying to compare our education system to countries with 5 or 6 million in population when we have a population closer to 400 million is simply ridiculous.. hell we have more children than your entire population, of course its easier to take care of fewer people.

You want to compare us to anyone.. start with countries that are similar in sizes in landmass and population. comparing per person is idiotic.. the smaller you are the more chances you have to be on top.. single success stories have huge impacts in those situations.. not so much when you start looking at 350-400 million in population.. Here's a hint to non americans.. the news is full of propaganda and made up lies on both sides.. they tell the stories they want told in the way they want you to think (to hell with reality), its gotten worse over the last several years and its causing a political crisis here.. but we will get over it.. those in charge will be removed or forgotten in time and we will move on.

As for why Americans dont think of other countries (outside of those doing business there or who's job it is to deal with it) .. we have every culture in the world here.. we (the majority) don't have to go visit the world.. it came to us.
    Last edited by McTurbo; 2017-11-06 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    As for why Americans dont think of other countries (outside of those doing business there or who's job it is to deal with it) .. we have every culture in the world here.. we (the majority) don't have to go visit the world.. it came to us.
    No, that's a poor excuse for insularity and ignorance.

Meeting migrants doesn't tell you anything about the world. They are under social pressure to say nice things about their host country and bash their home country (there's a reason why they left). Americans who take those accounts at face value have a massively distorted, explicitly racist view of everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do peasants in any country think they share in the same power their government wields?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I'd favour China as global leader. Not because they are particulary benevolent...but because they don't elect fucking crazy lunatics who might start WWIII.
    The country that props up NK, wants Taiwan, took Tibet, claims oceans belonging to others, builds artificial islands.

I'm sure you love how they treat muslims as well.

lol no. Follow the money. What is the language of bankers? English. Once that changes then another language has a chance to take over.

No, that's a poor excuse for insularity and ignorance.

Meeting migrants doesn't tell you anything about the world. They are under social pressure to say nice things about their host country and bash their home country (there's a reason why they left). Americans who take those accounts at face value have a massively distorted, explicitly racist view of everything.
    Let me try from a different angle.. due to our exposure to vibrant communities of different cultures all up and down the board across the USA. We find less need to roam abroad or hear the news abroad as it has little impact on our day to day lives. Now those with money, time and more personal freedom may wish (and do) to travel and see the world.. but i honestly feel that the majority of Americans have enough diversity at home both in land and people that we travel internally on vacations vs going to another country.