LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Born: 2004
    Died: 2018

LoL

all servers are now carebear
    um no..
    pvp and pve act like 2 different servers now pretty much rather than hundreds with occasional cross realm
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    Look at this thread. There won't be anyone out there flagged. Hence, WPvP is dead. Whatever last legs it was on, just got cut off.
    In that case the players killed world pvp by going "Hmm.. I don't actually want to do this".

its good for one sided servers..frostmourne being a good example..there is just so many alliance compared to horde its almost unbearable for horde players

Deleted

LoL

Seriously though, please tell me about your epic world PvP experiences in... well.. let's say post-Cata world? That's 7 years - pretty decent chunk of time on any scale.
    Please tell us about all the cool, epic world PvP battles that fansites have written about? Those spots in the world where a PvP conflict rages constantly? The epic city raids that are being arranged by the community? The fantastic rewards and titles you've gained from world PvP?

Or maybe the truth is that world PvP hasn't really existed for a long long time.
    Maybe it'll come back with the Classic servers, but the game hasn't been like that for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Nah i just took a random one when i stared back in 2006. had no idea what the markings meant, and i think that is the same for alot of people.

But now every server is PvE server. Atleast now only those that want to PvP will be able to gank each other
    So those of us who knowingly picked PvP servers get screwed because of your negligence?

Sounds good to me. You're in a major city, feel like going questing or whatever, you opt out. Later on, you feel like fighting, you opt in. Best thing is, you'll only encounter like-minded individuals.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Sounds good to me. You're in a major city, feel like going questing or whatever, you opt out. Later on, you feel like fighting, you opt in. Best thing is, you'll only encounter like-minded individuals.
    It seems PvPers don't want like-minded people and that is their main issue with this change.

Finally.

If you want pvp, just do instanced pvp. Ganking lowbies for your ego is not pvp.

RIP World PvP 2017 - 2017

Loved the WPvP in TBC at the Sunwell Daily Hub.

Deleted
    You shouldn't even see the diffrence.
    Only diffrence is that newbie players won't get ganked because they didn't know they chose PvP.
    You can only turn it off/on in capitals.You can't change it whenever you like to so you won't see PvE players when you turn on PvP.
    This is far better then original I don't know why you complaining.

In short PvP phased with PvP players and PvE players phased with PvE.
    If everyone turns off then it's not blizzards fault its just that people wanna PvE?

Just moved my main to a PVE server recently because I couldn't be arsed with it anymore *facepalm* oh well

Deleted
    I think an important point here is that they're even addressing anything at all with reference to World PvP. Personally I think that sharding in with only people who are flagged is fine - it means that everyone there is willingly open for combat. I don't give a fuck about ganking, because those types of people aren't really into PvP; they just want to kill people who can't threaten them.

Ion did also say that they'd look at making it more balanced, and with the return of several utility spells and raid buffs, my fingers are crossed for more engaging PvP in BFA.

We can hope!

Server identity is a thing of the past, so this PvP change makes perfect sense.

Basically, it will use something like cross realm technology to just move people from PVE realms to PvP.

Why are people so upset? Those people can choose PvP and have more people available than ever... those that choose PvE can opt into PvP and that may very well give it a kick in the butt it needs.

Personally I hate PvP. Gankers are like people with very bad breath. They just love getting in your face and saying words with "H's" in them. But put 'em in a room with other halitosis afflicted peeps and they suddenly don't like it so much.

There are genuine PvP lovers... and then there are griefers. Hard to tell the difference... but now... we PvP peeps won't have to unless we want to.

Deleted

LoL

They should call them Snowflake servers.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    So those of us who knowingly picked PvP servers get screwed because of your negligence?
    But don't you see that this new version is much better for you who enjoy PvP? Everyone who likes PvP will flag themselves, and you can all fight each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah man, a level 40 mage trying to do a quest to get insta killed by a level 100 rogue. so good pvp man, fuck blizz for not supporting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    WPvP died with flying mounts long ago so I don't know what you are talking about.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ganking in the old school sense is not gonna happen like it used to, if they pull through the "every level can participate" tech.

Level 98 and 109 in the same leveling zones for example, with probably some level 120 looking for an opportunity somewhere.

Remember how world events work? Headless horseman scaled to your level? etc. , They have been tested things for a while.

Now the big question is, if honor talents will be max level only and such.

Templates in world pvp aren't going to happen tho.

I think less ganking and more people and more fighting is a Win-Win-Win situation. And people can opt-OUT so no more excuse.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-12 at 11:17 PM.

if your 'world pvp" requires people who dont want to participate and 1 shotting people who dont stand a chance, you are a loser, a pathetic weakling, a coward, and an idiot.

actual pvpers want a good fight
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default