Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    yes they did. The danger for your shitty alt no longer exist. Hence care bear servers.

this is another step away from sandbox servers which promote community....to faceless wow.
    It's not danger, danger implies that there is something you can do to avoid it. If people want to kill your shitty alt, they will, doesn't matter what you do, so there's nothing interesting going on, just give fun to one guy who acts like a dick and kill the fun of the other guy. Now it will be a battle of men against men, the era of little coward rogues EXCLUSIVELY jumping people under 50% hp is over. You will fight people who want to fight, AKA real PvP, not faggotry and griefing.

I guess you won't be able to WPvP now that people will fight back.

yes they did. The danger for your shitty alt no longer exist. Hence care bear servers.

this is another step away from sandbox servers which promote community....to faceless wow.
    Totally, you should quit. That'll show those carebear fatcats!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

this is a problem for you unless you want to continuously camp the same person over and over...because I don't see how making the game more alive with people and stable "ruined it"...please enlighten me
    not camp but attack the same person over and over. The last incarnation of wow that was decent was MoP. Shit the whole server attacked that horde mage azu on Mannoroth(or something like that) and the majority of us died because of it.

Every one knew who i was for awhile because of the ganking on timeless isle.

way back in the day certain guilds would attack other guilds on sight...epic battle over the raids summoning stone.

This is another step away from that.

sandbox servers promote community...name recognition. This is another step towards faceless wow. Where your name means nothing. (has nothing to do with bob from Michigan).
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-11-06 at 07:41 PM.

This is a great change for the fucking asshole gankers, to bad you cant gank people anymore.

Go PVP people that want to

What you really want is for people to just flag themselves on your server. Blizzard can't do that, and won't force players to do so. This change is just as effective as giving free transfers to/from PvP servers, which would've emptied them because world PvP is a minority. With the flag system, thousands of more players will join in knowing they can get out if assholes start corpse camping.

Also, the whole "lowbie ganking" thing was never PvP. The entire "you chose this server, deal with the leveling crap" excuse we've heard for years was never valid. It was bullshit, just like blaming a woman's clothing or actions when she's raped. With this new flag system, we never have to hear players or Blizzard say that shit again.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The only players suffering from this change are gankers, but since their gameplay is egoistic and do not fit a mmo-rpg style, their opinion is mostly ignored.

This time, instead of ganking lowbies for a little satisfaction, they'll have to pick a fight with someone their size.

not camp but attack the same person over and over.

Every one knew who i was for awhile because of the ganking on timeless isle.
    HMMM. I think I see why someone is so determined to dislike this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardboard Fox View Post
    HMMM. I think I see why someone is so determined to dislike this change.
    This is pretty much the end of the thread. Good eye.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Hah. You're a nobody, OP.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    So (in your own words), you'll be unable to gank low level alts and people are less likely to know who you are.

I was going to leave a sarcastic response but instead I'll ask you a serious question. How do you define World PvP? This expansion is going to ensure that everyone in the world is somebody you can attack AND somebody who has intentionally put themselves into a scenario in which they can be attacked as well as attack others. I can't understand how this doesn't match up to World PvP in your viewpoint. If your fun comes from ganking then people like yourself are the reason this change is being implemented.

Ugh, can mods do something about these wPvP threads? There's like 3-5 active wPvP threads where people discuss/complain about exactly the same stuff T_T

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    So (in your own words), you'll be unable to gank low level alts and people are less likely to know who you are.
    umm....no? i never said that. Killing low level alts don't get me a honor kill point.....I said i ganked people on timeless isle for several weeks during MoP on Mannoroth for the 5000 bloody coin achievement.

That was before sharding. Shit with sharding that probably be impossible if introduced today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Ugh, can mods do something about these wPvP threads? There's like 3-5 active wPvP threads where people discuss/complain about exactly the same stuff T_T
    ugggg don't click on it or ignore it.

Deleted
    am i reading that correct? There is no more pvp servers? All pvp servers are like pve servers?

so there introducing a xpac about a war between A & H but removing pvp servers?

wasn't the personal choice was joining a pvp server or not?

I kill or try to kill (try for the most part) every non-tank horde i see......cause you know A vs. H and now this is removed!?!

Why remove that option!?!

All my excitement for the xpac has been lost b/c of that one point.

- - - Updated - - -

swear the god look seems like there is another tread....sorry for spam.
    Griefing can now be avoided?........ WHAT IS THIS?

MY REASON TO LIVE GOES DOWN THE DRAIN.

First, you won't be on a PvP server. The choice will be between standard and RP servers.

The best way, in my opinion, to think about it, is that the community will segregate themselves into PvP enabled and disabled. It sounds like you will only be able to change this option in a sanctuary, e.g. major cities (listen to the "What's Next" WoW panel for this). Once you go into the open world, Blizzard will start placing people into different shards, like they do today. The big difference is that PvE people will only see other PvE'ers, and PvP with PvP folk. It also sounded like the PvP shards will have a 50/50 balance of AvH.

The big reason for this change is that people often pick their servers because of their guild or their friends, not the PvE or PvP tag. This lets people play the game how they want. No longer will you face unwilling/wanting opponents. If someone is PvP flagged, they are looking for a fight.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

This enhances proper PvP and reduces ganking. Whoever got PvP on will be shared into the same instance as everyone else who has PvP on. This way PvPers will have a world full of PvPers and everyone will be able to do what they prefer with the tog of an option which takes a few seconds. I think it is an amazing change.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    This expansion is going to ensure that everyone in the world is somebody you can attack AND somebody who has intentionally put themselves into a scenario in which they can be attacked as well as attack others.
    And to add. First, everybody on a pvp server intentionally put themselves into that scenario.

Secondary and the most important....after reading the details....its another step forward in faceless wow. The players i see...the guild tags i see will be different everyday. This is going to me a mismatch/free for all of people across servers. another crz/sharding/phasing BS feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think This is their way around one huge issue with PVP servers:

They let the population get way out of balance on several servers, such that it wasn't really a fair fight. Even if you say you PVP to get max level players to come out and fight, that's much harder when it's 90/10 one way. Also, it means that the experience is VERY different depending on whether you're in the majority or not. If you are, you're far less likely to be ganked when questing, etc. Short of forcibly transferring players in the majority or CRZing servers to balance this, it meant that the old way of doing things resulted in imbalanced PVP. This system fixes that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is one step closer to them being able to merge/connect a ton more realms without usually having more horde pvp and alliance on pve generally.

They also adding character-based Battle net community integration, another step closer to more guild functionality planned for maybe 9.x.

The change will give you access to more people to world PvP with then ever before.
    The only difference is that they may be from other servers, and that they have all opted into PvP by choice.

Nobody is complaining that BGs and arenas compete with people from other servers. Whatever dated concept you have in mind for what world PvP should be died out a long time ago which is exactly why they're making these changes. It doesn't have a place any more in the current game. If that's too much to bear, good news, classic servers are on the horizon and I hope you find what you want there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    People will actually be able to level characters again without max level morons ganking them when they are about 80 levels lower..
    That's pretty much all world PvP. Watching douchebags try to justify being douchebags is hilarious when you bring it up.

The moment you take away any advantage when it comes to world pvp, those people run with their tail between their legs. It's probably why I'm only ever ganked by rogues when I quest, 'cause they're the only ones who can run
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And to add. First, everybody on a pvp server intentionally put themselves into that scenario.

Secondary and the most important....after reading the details....its another step forward in faceless wow. The players i see...the guild tags i see will be different everyday. This is going to me a mismatch/free for all of people across servers. another crz/sharding/phasing BS feature.
    Your second complaint is valid, but your first one is not a problem.

Instead of chosing a pvp server forever, now you'll chose the pvp mode and everyone who went there did so because they wanted to. There's no difference between this new mode and the pvp-servers. You just need to flip a switch instead of looking at the server type in the server window.