Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewhoknows View Post
    If that bothers you so much, go to a PvE server.
    Soon he won't have to. He'll have the choice to keep his PVP flag off.

If that bothers you so much...leave yours on...you'll only be grouped in with the people that flag themselves for PVP.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If that bothers you so much, go to a PvE server.
    Don't need to. I'm already on a PVE server, and pretty soon, all servers will be PVE servers. The gankers will just have to get used to fighting players who actually know how to PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    They are just wording it differently what's really happening in all servers are turning into pve care bear realms.
    Good. let the PVPers flag up and play in their PVP shards with people who actually want to PVP.

I'm betting PVP participation drops through the floor.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    My issue? Curiosity, to see what people think of that. I don't want to gank lowbies, haven't played for a couple of years now. I just think its funny to change the whole concept of PvP servers in a xpac that aparently revolves around horde vs alliance. PvP servers were about the risk of fighting people above your level or even huge groups. For people that desliked getting attacked by higher levels there were always PvE servers. Seems rather silly, basically all servers are PvE now.
    It doesn't change the concept- the only thing it changes is HOW you opt-in.

Before: Opt-in: Roll on PvP server. Opt-out: Roll on PvE server. Cannot change without paying.

Now: Opt-in: Change your flag in a city. Opt-out: Change your flag in a city. Can change with no cost.

The concept is still: Do you want to be flagged for PvP at all times when outside of a safe city hub? Opt in to this gameplay. Now every enemy player you see is hostile to you, and is a threat or a target.

The thing this changes is that you will now ONLY be fighting people who very much want to PvP with you- players who are "stuck" on PvP servers because of friends, and actually don't want that gameplay, can now freely opt-out.

The only change is that you now can't bully people who don't actually want to participate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    The only people who could possibly be upset at this would be gankers. And frankly, good.
    The only people who could possibly enjoy this are people who are too dumb to know how to create a character on a PvE server.

Don't need to. I'm already on a PVE server, and pretty soon, all servers will be PVE servers. The gankers will just have to get used to fighting players who actually know how to PVP.
    So why would you care about what goes on on PvP servers? Why would you be so delighted that "ganking is dead" when you don't have that problem in the first place? Are you a fundamentalist of some sort?

The only change is that you now can't bully people who don't actually want to participate.
    People who don't want to participate are in PvE servers. If you are in a PvP server, you agreed to experience the good, the bad and the ugly of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think that is the main reason they are complaining.

So whats the deal with that? This expansion is based around horde vs alliance but even in PvP servers you will be able to turn off pvp while out in the world? Does this make sense for anyone? PvP servers were always based around the fact the danger was everywhere and it was part of the thrill of it. If someone desliked that, there was pve servers where you could actually have a turn on/turn off pvp option. I haven't played in a couple of years but this intrigued me, does anyone think this makes sense?

What this system does is when you toggle on PvP, it'll specifically put you in shards that are PvP enabled, so it's gonna be more dangerous and fair because it circumvents the huge faction imbalances on servers

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Yeah, the problem is that most real PvPers want the thrill of danger while being able to fight back, not to be ganked by people 100 levels higher. The new system solves that.
    Agreed. I am looking forward to the day they add scaling and pvp templates to WPvP. It was mentioned at blizzcon as something they are looking into for the future. It will be great, and I'll look forward to the tears of "a level 20 killed me, a 1XX! Waaaah, I can't gank lowbies anymore because I lack actual pvp skill! Waaah!"
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    What this system does is when you toggle on PvP, it'll specifically put you in shards that are PvP enabled, so it's gonna be more dangerous and fair because it circumvents the huge faction imbalances on servers
    More rules does not make anything less dangerous what a dumb comment

So why would you care about what goes on on PvP servers? Why would you be so delighted that "ganking is dead" when you don't have that problem in the first place? Are you a fundamentalist of some sort?
    Because I 'was' on a PVP server for a number of years and it was horrible. Most people agree that the old rule-set was complete crap, and this new situation with PVP-Shards is the better solution

Also, even if I'd never been on a PVP server, I can still say that gankers are assholes and I'm glad to see that their favorite sport is going to be killed off completely when 7.3.5 comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    They are just wording it differently what's really happening in all servers are turning into pve care bear realms. World pvp is fun because it's spontaneous and dangerous. You might kill or get killed or unfair fight but whatever it's organic. This is a dumb change they should just allow people free moves that way everyone's wins. You can toggle for pvp on pve realms already
    And exactly how dangerous are servers like US-Illidan or Mal'ganis which are 99% horde? how much world PvP do you think they saw prior to CRZ at least making it a possibility? It's clear a number of people are on server like Illidan and Mal'ganis because they wanted the raiding scene and maybe the population perks but didn't want the actual PvP.

Now you'll get a world in which only those who love PvP will be there, instead of hapless joe's who just got Crz'd over because they joined a group that was on a PvP realm. You should be thrilled that the danger is even more real then ever before.

Deleted
    Because I 'was' on a PVP server for a number of years and it was horrible.
    Ok, so you changed to a PvE server. Good for you. Why spoil it for the rest of us just because YOU don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I think that is the main reason they are complaining.
    In all the years I've played WoW, I've been ganked way, way, way more times than I've ganked people. The fact that you can be ganked unfairly adds a dimension to the game that it wouldn't have otherwise. It's not about ganking lowbies. It's about the social side of things, first and foremost. If you're being ganked by a group of people, you wouldn't just go to a city and flag yourself PvE only, you'd make a group with other people nearby and camp the hell out of your former gankers, possibly making friends in the process. Again, if you don't like this type of experience, PvE servers were always there for you. Why change it for us who always enjoyed to play in PvP servers with the type of ruleset that always existed since the beginning of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by VomitPrincess View Post
    I'm honestly happy with the change. Especially on ED where the horde wpvp guilds are a disease -.-
    Funny because I was thinking the same thing about Alliance. Alliance on ED are an honorless cancer that won't attack horde without having a severe advantage.

I hope this means I can still fulfill my dream of being a sneaky rogue and killing people in Stormwind.

I would of preferred seeing non flagged people though. People appearing out of no where makes it feel... how can I put this? Disjointed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chickopenny View Post
    As far as I'm aware, it works like this.

While you are in cities, you can toggle PvP on and off. Once you're out in the world, you can't change your PvP status.
    If you have PvP toggled on, you'll be placed in shards where there's other people with it toggled on.
    If you have PvP toggled off, you'll be placed in shards where there's other people with it toggled off.
    These shards will also include all the servers in your region, so you should see the same amount of people out in the world as you currently would today.
    This. Several reasons were cited for the change:
    1) Faction imbalances. Ion noted that factions tend to naturally bias toward one side or another on most servers, making all but the most populated PvP servers a breeze for one faction and a hellish annoyance for the other. This toggle and the removal of PvP/PvE server distinction (RP servers will maintain their distinctions) means better faction balance in CRZ'd zones and allowing players to opt out if they just want to do their stuff and be done with it. This also ties into...
    2) Not everyone who rolled a PvP server did so because they're super pumped for PvP. They apparently found that most people on a PvP server were there because that's where their friends were, and they're generally too far down the rabbit hole for paying for multiple server transfers to be economically-sound.
    3) This in essence makes every server both a world PvP and a PvE server, at least doubling the number of servers players seeking world PvP can look for a fight on.
    4) Also name-checked were the issues with the Group Finder for world quests/world bosses. Unless you've got the name of every PvP server memorized, it was an issue for PvE players to suddenly end up flagged and ganked while they're just trying to get their weekly world boss done or knock out world quests faster by grouping up and sharing the wealth, so to speak. It was also annoying for players who wanted that risk of PvP to suddenly find themselves on a carebear server where they had no choice but to play nice since they couldn't attack unflagged players (which most players on PvE servers tend to be).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Ok, so you changed to a PvE server. Good for you. Why spoil it for the rest of us just because YOU don't like?

In all the years I've played WoW, I've been ganked way, way, way more times than I've ganked people. The fact that you can be ganked unfairly adds a dimension to the game that it wouldn't have otherwise. It's not about ganking lowbies. It's about the social side of things, first and foremost. If you're being ganked by a group of people, you wouldn't just go to a city and flag yourself PvE only, you'd make a group with other people nearby and camp the hell out of your former gankers, possibly making friends in the process. Again, if you don't like this type of experience, PvE servers were always there for you. Why change it for us who always enjoyed to play in PvP servers with the type of ruleset that always existed since the beginning of the game?
    repeating myself, because apparently you can't fucking read.

Also, even if I'd never been on a PVP server, I can still say that gankers are assholes and I'm glad to see that their favorite sport is going to be killed off completely when 7.3.5 comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Yeah, the problem is that most real PvPers want the thrill of danger while being able to fight back, not to be ganked by people 100 levels higher. The new system solves that.
    I die in stun locks to druids or rogues

They know the majority of players are very fragile individuals. (they can't handle being bossed around by another player)

They also know that the theme of the expansion will stir those fragile players. This was their solution.. an easy way out.

In an ideal world, this expansion would be all out pvp. Theme wise and noob hunting wise. Out in the world ganking everything and everyone.

I'm just relieved I'll be able to do that in classic though.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2017-11-06 at 09:06 PM.

for anyone not a ganker AKA ( I'm just making a guesstimate here) the vast majority of players it makes total god damned sense. hell, even to peopel who want to Wpvp it should be exciting to now be able to pvp on any realm and against people their own size! oh wait that later bit isn't fun for those guys.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played in a couple of years but this intrigued me, does anyone think this makes sense?
    Just because the expansion is about the war between the Alliance and Horde does not mean that players should be forced into pvp. It's just a quality of life change for players stuck on pvp realms due to poor choices previously (i.e.: new to the game and not understanding pve/pvp, players who transferred to be with friends but don't enjoy world pvp, players on realms with incredibly unbalanced numbers in favour of the opposite faction, etc.).

That said, I would assume that this would also phase players toggled into pvp or pve with other players with the same option in similar way to cross-realm zones.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Deleted
    It doesn't make much sense in terms of lore, but PvE realms never really did in that regard. In terms of gameplay, I see only good sides from this change, if they implement it correctly. And by that, I mean only make it changeable in a Hub city. That way you can decide for yourself always when going out in the world: "Do I want to play on a PvP server now, or on a PvE server?" without having to spend hundreds of Euro/Dollar/etc and leave all your friends and your guild behind for your characters. If it gets too easy to switch (e.g. everywhere out of combat), it would take away a lot of the feeling of danger you have on a PvP realm. If it gets too hard to switch (e.g. a long timer on it), imo most people will just stay on PvE realms.
    In addition, as others pointed out, this change was overdue. Many people decided their realms 10+ years ago. Over that time, not only people changed. Also the game is completely different now compared to back then. When somebody loved WPvP back than and doesn't now, or vice versa, I see no reason to force that person to leave his/her guild and spend such amounts of money just to be able what he/she enjoys.