Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    Get mad kid. Choice is never a bad thing.
    You had a choice when you rolled on a PvP server. L2read or L2play, there's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You had a choice when you rolled on a PvP server. L2read or L2play, there's your choice.
    Like i said before, get mad kid. It's happening if you want it or not. Get mad.
    Alt-reich/Trumpism is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

It's been 13 years, and there's no L2P regarding a rogue with the right leggo one-shotting you for twice your health you mongrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like i said before, get mad kid. It's happening if you want it or not. Get mad.
    Man, the tone coming from that post is so snippy. What, are you salty you got camped on a server you made a conscious decision to roll one? Nice signature btw, dork.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    It's been 13 years, and there's no L2P regarding a rogue with the right leggo one-shotting you for twice your health you mongrel.
    Then it's a l2read issue. That's PvP happening on a PvP server, You actively chose that.

Man, the tone coming from that post is so snippy. What, are you salty you got camped on a server you made a conscious decision to roll one? Nice signature btw, dork.
    Salty that a 13yo like you got to cum in his pants after 1 shoting someone? Not really. Thanks btw, dork. #armchairgladiator

This change won't "destroy" the already unexisting world PvP. It might even revive it if they offer experience for killing players. You know those rares that give you experience for like 20 normal mobs? Imagine they will do that for killing players AT YOUR LEVEL. The reason world PvP is currently dead and it has been for years is that it's fucking pointless.

This change also won't eliminate the ganking, so those fucking psychopaths can just relax, when they will flag for PvP and they'll go in a low level zone guess what kind of players they will see? Yeah, those low level, vulnerable, little children, to fuck with their small dicks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Salty that a 13yo like you got to cum in his pants after 1 shoting someone? Not really. Thanks btw, dork. #armchairgladiator
    Why do people turn into salt mines when it comes to the topic of ganking? Like I'm convinced people like you are traumatized!

A conscious decision was made to play on a server where these things happen. Why complain when it inevitably does?

Keep on topic dork.

A conscious decision was made to play on a server where these things happen.
    A conscious decision was also made (by you) to play an MMO where people can just roll on PVE. From day one you could opt out. Server transfers are another way out. Avoiding danger is so effortless anyway that it was never going to be a hardcore PvP sandbox. There are plenty of MMOs that have taken that hardline stance, done it well, and never wavered. WoW is not one of those games.

Having said all that, I would like to see exactly one server with forced pvp for those who still want that experience. If you have two or more servers like that then the Horde and Alliance will just split again. Failing that, there's always the Classic PvP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    A conscious decision was also made (by you) to play an MMO where people can just roll on PVE. From day one you could opt out. Server transfers are another way out. Avoiding danger is so effortless anyway that it was never going to be a hardcore PvP sandbox. There are plenty of MMOs that have taken that hardline stance, done it well, and never wavered. WoW is not one of those games.
    Yes, and no matter how many mental gymnastics you want to pull, that's not even remotely comparable to choosing a PvE server.

Having said all that, I would like to see exactly one server with forced pvp for those who still want that experience. If you have two or more servers like that then the Horde and Alliance will just split again. Failing that, there's always the Classic PvP servers.
    Classic-era PvP servers are the only hope now, unless Blizzard realizes it's a horrible idea. With regard to one server for forced PvP, we literally already have those and people opted in.

Keep on topic dork.
    What topic? You did see your last post right? Nothing you've said is even remotely constructive. Cry more about getting cyberbullied by e-Nazis and 110s.

Classic-era PvP servers are the only hope now, unless Blizzard realizes it's a horrible idea.
    The lacking of flying makes the world more dangerous. A more hardcore experience. Curious as to what you think is horrible about it.

-edit, sorry misread what you said. nvm
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2017-11-07 at 04:16 AM.

This was the first announcement I read that actually excited me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem with this system is that it didn't come out back in Pandaria when I was Ally on US Kil'Jaden.

*Shutters*

It's not fun being outnumbered 25-1 100% of the time. You're on a paranoia trip that never ends. That shit put me off PvP permanently...and I enjoyed PvP before hand.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    I dont hate Gankers its just game, but helping lowbies,lowlevel friends and guildmates fighting gankers was fun.

Being attacked while questing by other leveling players, and forming groups to fight them back also fun, and with new PVP changes in BFA almost no one gone toggle PVP while questing,leveling,farming,grinding, etc.
    Well if that is what's fun to you, nothing stops you from toggle on PvP while leveling. Maybe it will be less people with active PvP while leveling, but it is no different to what we have now as more people like to play PvE than there are people like us playing PvP.

So toggle on PvP while leveling, and everybody you see in the world will have the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Then it's a l2read issue. That's PvP happening on a PvP server, You actively chose that.
    Well what changes then? With that option everybody can make a choice again.... and again, and again. So PvP happens in the world among all people who made that choice.
    Besides, as a PvP player i have to disagree with "being ganked" or "being killed over and over again by a statwise far superior opponent" has nothing to do with PvP. Since people who do that cowardly stuff actively chose to take out the "versus" from the term "player versus player". There is simply no "versus" if you get one shotted. But that concept might be too much for the simple brains that barf "hurrdurr its PEEVEEPEE man, learn to play" all the time.

never been interested in pvp for so many years, wont be interested now. its just a personal choice. dont give a flying fudge for it
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted
    Well it was a fun and unexpected announcement. Especially when it's an expansion centered around Alliance vs Horde and opens with major world pvp changes

- You can turn pvp on and off on any server
    - Oh and some new bg

That's it, bye.

I could not believe it lol

Deleted
    Instead of trying to revive dieng world pvp and pvp all in all they just kill it further i rerolled with my friends to pvp realms just because there is no such stupid thing to tougle pvp off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Well what changes then? With that option everybody can make a choice again.... and again, and again. So PvP happens in the world among all people who made that choice.
    Besides, as a PvP player i have to disagree with "being ganked" or "being killed over and over again by a statwise far superior opponent" has nothing to do with PvP. Since people who do that cowardly stuff actively chose to take out the "versus" from the term "player versus player". There is simply no "versus" if you get one shotted. But that concept might be too much for the simple brains that barf "hurrdurr its PEEVEEPEE man, learn to play" all the time.
    Why do people need the option to make the choice again? Are these people too stupid to have made a decision they're happy with the first time? I swear, players like this are the reason I have to waste time in the "Are you sure you really want to delete this item?" window. Additionally, such a system poses a number of risks and has the potential to create more problems than it actually solves. For example, should the incentives for opting into PvP be underwhelming (And historically PvP rewards have been. Given that Blizzard stated they don't want to "punish" players for not opting in, there's no reason to assume the rewards will be adequate), what stops players from opting out of PvP while doing daily content and quests, and opting in only when they're actively looking to PvP? Such an outcome would basically kill the organic aspect of WPvP and remove dynamic elements from it, essentially turning the world into a quasi-Battleground.

As someone who probably has a better run in arena than you do, being ganked is PvP. You can dismiss it as cowardly, but it is PvP. Here's the OED definition of the word "versus":

1. Against (especially in sporting and legal use)
    There's nothing in the definition to suggest that the parties involved be comparable, or remotely on even footing. Only that they're against one another. I'm sorry, but mental gymnastics, and the projection of your own ideas onto words is a horrible look for someone describing others as having "simple brains."

So the people that jerk off under the table while ganking lowbies must know find another (true) PVP playground. Sounds good to me.

Due to faction imbalance on servers WPVP is dead since looooong ago anyway. The toggle is pure win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    What a huge spit in the face for the people who do wpvp. PvE heroes finally forced their wow safe space down to everyone's throats despite having the pve server option + cross realm tech all along.
    This is just blizzard's douchebag move to divorce themselves out of a complex and work demanding situation which is balance, so they are throwing in the towel, nothing more.
    Please explain, you are just throwing mud and now actual supporting discussion. This is only an issue if you are one to troll around killing people who were not expecting it. The way I see it is if I am in a hurry and want to grind through some world quests I will turn the flag off, if I want to go have some fun while doing world quests I will turn it on and pop meta on people who are also ready for a fight. Also while leveling if I am in a group of 4 or 5 players I will turn on the PVP flag while leveling for the bonus XP and the hope for some world PVP funs. But If I am running solo I will live the same life. It gives every player options to when they want to PVP and if they do not.

Please provide some legitimate discussion to why it is a bad thing, because all I see is the WHAMBULANCE filled with whiny gankers that they can not go kill lowbies or people fighting elites ad nauseam

This will also fix the faction imbalance on PVP servers as they should hopefully keep population balance in areas.

- - - Updated - - -

ANd now they are making it so I can choose when I want to participate in it or when I do not want to.....You are just mad that everyone with the flag on will be wanting to PVP and will likely know how to PVP and you can not go kill carebears that are on the server because their friends/raiding guild is there. Also you are likely scared that now you will not be on a server that is 90% one faction and have no fear of true retaliation. SO GROW A SET OF BALLS AND MAN UP.