Poll: Battel for Azeroth Launch Date

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Battle for Azeroth Launch Date - Summer 2018?

Greetings Everyone,

while we don't have any official info on it yet, i believe the next Expansion will release sometime in the summer of 2018. The June,July,August period. Probably August.

why?

well, in the past when a new expansion was announced it only was with a feature trailer during Blizzcon(except for Legion which was announced at gamescom) and the cinematic at a later date, in recent history usually during Gamescom(again except for Legion, which showed the cinematic at blizzcon).

with Blizzard already revealing the Cinematic Trailer now, they will not have anything to show of during next years gamescom. And Gamescom is their greatest platform in the EU. So showing up their without anything exiting like the new cinematic, they have either to launch it prior to the next gamescom, or just shortly after it.

This is still a 9 Month period. so it seems feasible. And since Legion, Blizzard seems to be keeping up with content far more reliable then in the past.

Also the new book is to release in mid March, which would lead nicely to a pre-patch during June/july (Antorus would then be already 6 Months open)

what do you think?
    is this possible? or will they delay it till Autumn or even Winter? or be even quick and we get it in Spring?

I think they count August as fall.

Depends on where you live. I live in Australia so my vote was for Winter (June, July and August). But I don't know how your seasons may work, so...
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Depends on where you live. I live in Australia so my vote was for Winter (June, July and August). But I don't know how your seasons may work, so...
    North American company assume North American seasons? A little on the nose for someone with 900 posts lol.

June-September would be a good launch point. Though usually it's on the farther end of it.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    North American company assume North American seasons? A little on the nose for someone with 900 posts lol.

June-September would be a good launch point. Though usually it's on the farther end of it.
    ROFL!!! I don't have 900 posts but thanks for rounding it up. But yeah, I reckon July or August 2018.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Late summer. REAL late. Like September.

Def first or second week of September at earliest.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

77 days after the final patch of Legion

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    77 days after the final patch of Legion
    They broke the 77 days cycle with Antorus on the 28th.

Gamescom isn't that important as we've seen this year where they just showed the patch primer for 7.3 and announced the release date for 7.3. As for the release date I think August sounds right. With Legion we got the intro cinematic at Blizzcon and the new novel in April. With BfA we got the cinematic at Blizzcon and get the new novel in May.

Antorus opens on the 28th of November and we'll have probably something like 8-12 weeks before 7.3.5 hits live so that everyone can finish the raid. Early 2018 the first beta invites will go out and with 7.3.5 we'll have the new scaling so people can level new characters. I think there'll be a smaller content gap than in past expansions. Something like 3-4 months but they also said they want to end the legion legendary system in an epic way like remove the cap and let us have some fun with all legendaries equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think summer is a safe bet, seems like scope of BfA is quite a bit smaller than Legion (with all its huge class fantasy revamps, class halls, questlines, artifact weapons and all the assets those required), at least mechanically it does not seem to be THAT huge - probably those random generated islands are by far the toughest stuff they will do and it could be where they may get stuck.

We do get extra one zone and Warfronts, which probably will reuse a lot of WoD garrison + Broken Shore building schemes, but overall it just seems less effort to pull out than Legion, so I think summer will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    They broke the 77 days cycle with Antorus on the 28th.
    They broke it with 7.3.2, not Antorus.

Deleted
    People don't play video games that much in summer which is why they'll never release an xpac in midsummer. It's either Spring (March 21st to June 20th) or late summer (like Legion) and later than that.

Summer release? Man, how can anybody be so optimistic (=naive). Never ever going to happen. September the earliest, October / November seems more likely though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think they count August as fall.
    Nah, August is summer. Legion was advertised as Summer 2016, and was released on August 30th.

Voted Winter 2018 ...

Based on best reasonable performance of the past (AVG - 1*STDEV) for each phase: 13th August 2018.
    Note: Graphic was made when next raid was expected to be 14th... yet to update for 28th November.

- - - Updated - - -

North American company assume North American seasons?
    No idea when NA seasons even start or finish ...
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-11-08 at 06:33 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Voted Winter 2018 ...

Based on best reasonable performance of the past (AVG - 1*STDEV) for each phase: 13th August 2018.
    Note: Graphic was made when next raid was expected to be 14th... yet to update for 28th November.

- - - Updated - - -

North American company assume North American seasons?
    I voted Winter as well but I wasn't sure how Winter is defined here. Could be either 1st Dec - 31st March or 21st Dec - 21st March. Betting on a November release though, for some this might already be Winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I voted Winter as well but I wasn't sure how Winter is defined here.
    If only we had some universal way of representing portions of the years, maybe like dividing a year into 12 chunks or something (say giving each one a name). Or even 4 chunks (say Q1->Q4).

But that would be too much to ask for

I voted Winter for 13th August 2018

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If only we had some universal way of representing portions of the years, maybe like dividing a year into 12 chunks or something (say giving each one a name). Or even 4 chunks (say Q1->Q4).

But that would be too much to ask for

I voted Winter for 13th August 2018
    Yeah, Q1 / Q2 / Q3 / Q4 would have been much easier to decide lol

Deleted
    Voted Winter 2018 ...

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. What a bs graphics. Why are they assuming beta, ptr patch cycles will be much shorter?

Only thing we know: announcement was 3 months later than Legion, so base value would be 30th november. One can HOPE that they are faster, so mid nov or even octobre are optinistic bets. Mid august is just ridicilous. Would be mid summer holidays....

Mid Nov is a good guess as it would get great sales because of christmas sales. If they are ready in octobre they will target octobre for sure.

But dont forget: Legion wasnt done in August. Many bugs and specs were in a terrible state...
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-11-08 at 08:07 AM.