Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Personally disappointed. They could've kind of made Void Elves a bit more unique. I'd have liked to see customization options for various Dark/Void Naaru backplate shapes, kind of a Void God (M'uru) aesthetic, as well as the option to not have them at all. Kind of like Lightforged have the option to have several different tattoos and forehead runes, but can also choose not to have any at all.
    Dw, they are confirmed to have a void form, the jury is still out if it's going to be like Worgen aka, active always in combat, or more of a personal toggle ability. But I heard Ian I think it was mentioning that they do have a void form, not just funky skin and eyes.

Deleted
    I hope they will be vastly different from other kind of elves. Detached from the mortal plane. More of eldritch in working, slowly sinking into madness and nothingness. Becoming less and less tied with space-time. Tyrannical and cruel, direct opposite of what we have currently in the game, maybe except for the Forsaken.

Pity that wings are not part of their physicality. Maybe Void form will have tendrils, wings or whatever else Blizzard is planning. It must be interesting and mighty as we are going to stay in that form for most of the time.

By the way, anyone extracted their racial symbol? Want to see it upclose.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Dw, they are confirmed to have a void form, the jury is still out if it's going to be like Worgen aka, active always in combat, or more of a personal toggle ability. But I heard Ian I think it was mentioning that they do have a void form, not just funky skin and eyes.
    Yeah, I think that Void Form will be kinda like Alleria's. Currently, I think it's like the Worgen form, in that if you enter combat, you switch to it. But they were considering making that auto-transform feature toggleable.

Still, I kind of liked the idea of some Naaru backpiece options, would've been cool, but eh!

I am not sure what people are basing the "wings are part of the heriage armor" off, in that picture he clearly has the heritage shoulders equipped. More like wings are toggable or some such.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Confirmed: the wings are part of the heritage armor. They are not part of the race itself.
    nevermind me
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-11-08 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    The wings seem to be part of their armor. In the official page they don't have wings. They are just pale blood elves...
    Alliance get Vampire Blood Elves. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    I hope they will be vastly different from other kind of elves. Detached from the mortal plane. More of eldritch in working, slowly sinking into madness and nothingness. Becoming less and less tied with space-time. Tyrannical and cruel, direct opposite of what we have currently in the game, maybe except for the Forsaken.

Pity that wings are not part of their physicality. Maybe Void form will have tendrils, wings or whatever else Blizzard is planning. It must be interesting and mighty as we are going to stay in that form for most of the time.

By the way, anyone extracted their racial symbol? Want to see it upclose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Thank you! It is gorgeous. Abyss is looking back at me, and it hungers!

I'm sure they'll have some less sickly skin tones. Veeeery tempted to race change my Fem Dwarf Lock...but I do love being part of an underplayed combo

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    I'm sure they'll have some less sickly skin tones. Veeeery tempted to race change my Fem Dwarf Lock...but I do love being part of an underplayed combo
    Dark Irons hopefully will be able to be mages / locks, they make more sense than the bronzebeard Dwarves being one. I'm looking forward to changing my shadow priest to void elf to have that double dip into void theme. Also thinking of changing one of my current Draenei into lightforged, they can't be shaman so probably paladin or hunter.

Always felt that adding new races, even multiple ones, is less problematic than a new class. If it's true more incoming in the future, that's only good news. Alliance needs some darker, morally ambiguous races, worgen are one (not only they're beasts, but also Gilneans first abandoned the Alliance and now they're back with no less than lust for revenge on the Forsaken) but due to their old models they aren't amazing to play (plus you get the anti-furry hate). Void elves and dark irons add more morally unclear races to Alliance roster.

Horde has already some more evil races (like Forsaken), some more morally grey ones (like Goblins) and some noble ones (like Tauren, I expect Highmountain Tauren to have similar vibes after questing in Highmountain).

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Dark Irons hopefully will be able to be mages / locks, they make more sense than the bronzebeard Dwarves being one. I'm looking forward to changing my shadow priest to void elf to have that double dip into void theme. Also thinking of changing one of my current Draenei into lightforged, they can't be shaman so probably paladin or hunter.

Always felt that adding new races, even multiple ones, is less problematic than a new class. If it's true more incoming in the future, that's only good news. Alliance needs some darker, morally ambiguous races, worgen are one (not only they're beasts, but also Gilneans first abandoned the Alliance and now they're back with no less than lust for revenge on the Forsaken) but due to their old models they aren't amazing to play (plus you get the anti-furry hate). Void elves and dark irons add more morally unclear races to Alliance roster.

Horde has already some more evil races (like Forsaken), some more morally grey ones (like Goblins) and some noble ones (like Tauren, I expect Highmountain Tauren to have similar vibes after questing in Highmountain).
    but with race change we have to level another one from 20 for the awesome armour. I NEEED void wings

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    but with race change we have to level another one from 20 for the awesome armour. I NEEED void wings
    Yeh, if you want the mog, you need to make another one. However I just can't part with my stable of profession alts, my priest is my tailor / scribe so rather racechange it than reroll. Sadly, I don't even fancy the Alliance mogs and I mostly play Alliance. I think the Nightborne and Highmountain racial mogs look cool, but even if I level a horde char, it's gonna end up collecting dust as all my friends / guildies I play with are Alliance anyway. And there won't be even reason to keep full stable of alts in BFA, due to no garrison / order hall missions (tbh we deserve a break from them). So I foresee spending most time with my characters that I use either for raiding / dungeons or for professions. And since I have 1 of each class already, adding new races to the game puts them into this awkward spot I either make a throwaway one, or racechange one of existing characters.