Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    id forgotten how terrible the game looked back then O.O

i sware it wasn't as bad as this

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    id forgotten how terrible the game looked back then O.O

i sware it wasn't as bad as this
    We probably all played on shitty hardware with 17" 4:3 ratio monitors. Not the amazing hardware we have today capable of running 34" 4k monitors at good/max settings. My first time in MC I had to go into first person and stare at a wall to keep my lag to a minimum with all the spell effects. Luckily I could heal without facing them due to unit frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    haha, was about to comment the exact same thing.

Also don't forget the 5min intro with requiem of a dream while the player mouses over all their equipped items.
    Oh god I just cringed so hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    We probably all played on shitty hardware with 17" 4:3 ratio monitors. Not the amazing hardware we have today capable of running 34" 4k monitors at good/max settings. My first time in MC I had to go into first person and stare at a wall to keep my lag to a minimum with all the spell effects. Luckily I could heal without facing them due to unit frames.
    yea not just that but the low poly models and stretched textures. it seems my memory has edited in better looks haha

My first ever screenshot a few hours in after a friend had just given me a new robe, yes I was playing on a potatoe at the time (literally the minimum required specs for WoW at that time.)

A few levels later in Loch Modan.

My level 40ish kit (2 sets, one with +damage for bosses and one with intellect/spirit to keep me going.)

Old school shadow-bolt.

I have about a dozen pictures of me kneeling on the front of ships for some reason.

Ironforge when it was busy.

The gear I started the lvl 60 dungeon grind in.

The day Gandling finally dropped my friends tier 0 hat (by which time she was mostly in tier 1 anyway.)

Yes I killed Emperor Thaurissan.

Possibly the last picture I took before heading to Outland.

And to finish, a couple of those weird "afk totem poles" you'd sometimes get near flight masters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    On our first Maulgar kill (in Gruul's lair, TBC) I was the only warlock and had to macro all my targeting and spells because I had less than 1 fps for most of the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    Ofc defaults are "allowed", but extra action bars with keybindings = not real. I played, though not on max, my older brother had alot of friends over for LAN party. NOT once did I see keybindings, nor from videos I've seen later on.
    I played with extra action bars and keybindings ._. I'm pretty sure this was a common thing for anybody who played RTS games at a level beyond novice before jumping into WoW. RTS games had a shit fuck ton of keybindings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Does anyone here still play their same characters from vanilla?
    Sadly I don't =/ My friends all changed servers with TBC for some reason, and I wanted to play a paladin anyway since they were new and shiny. My original character was an undead warlock that I got lost and gave up. Rerolled an undead warrior and played him until TBC. Good times

Back from the first Blizzcon. Server first untamed blade too! I used to go to the Undercity and hang out in the throne room. I was so overgeared compared to most of the horde that no one would bother me. I also used to have some transmog gear before transmog existed. Dreadmist helm (which pissed off warlocks so hard) as well as the twilight cultist gear.

Doing the AQ gate opening chain, Eranikus part in Moonglade

First Anub'Rekhan kill in Naxx

Server first Ouro kill

Anyone else use 3D portrait addon back in the day? Used to love it

Kruul storming IF before TBC released

Seeing C'thun for the first time

Did so much pvp. Got the marshal blade on my mage, pissed off a lot of people

I don't know for sure, but I definitely hold the idea that I was the first one to find the missing Varian

Putting Cairne down, before Magatha did

Before Caverns of Time were open. We wall walked and got inside

Guild raid against the unofficial world boss, Blightcaller

Pushing into MC for the first time

I used to hold our guild meeting in the Undercity as well. New members had to pledge loyalty to the guild.

Rag on farm status

Back in the day, when the Obsidian Edged Blade had it's original graphic. Also the same day, after years of leading my guild, I decided to merge it with another

Prepping for the first Azuregos kill on the server

Wall walked into Hyjal

Wall walked into the dancing troll village

I have a harddrive with 6,000+ screenshots from beta through vanilla, but I don't know where it is!!!
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-11-09 at 01:14 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

This thread brings me pain, I really wish I did some sort of backup of all my old WoW screenshots

GATES EVENT

BEST TIMES (read chat)

EDIT: I think i have all screenshots from that time
    Last edited by Ghitza; 2017-11-08 at 11:40 PM.

Those lonely moments in 2005...

man i remember that was so fun. damn horde would always stab us in the back. but we were resilient.

Deleted
    I literally remember raiding at less than 1 fps, it didn't go welll

Oh damn. I need to find my old pics. I haven't got many but caught some funny moments

Only got a few screenshots on this hard drive, but I've always kept this one around.
    My magnificent mage alt in the tunnel in AV, late vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    so you were obsessed with nelf boobs?
    I have not played the druid since 2008, and I have even given up the account as I switched to the NA realm from TW in 2014. Currently I have worgen rogue boobs and night elf demon hunter boobs.

Here are some previews of my vanilla screenshots if you guys want to take a glance at:

(From the gallery of 35 vanilla screenshots on Google Photos)

I may spend time on BfA more in the future, but it does not mean I will ignore Classic.

By the way, my demon hunter looks almost identical to my first character as a druid, but with a pair of high-definition boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    God how graphics looked like shit. Thanks for reminding us.
    Yeh that game never had the fanciest graphics but the cartoony style was great for its time. Certainly it's leaps and bounds better now.

Quote Originally Posted by fotmyo View Post
    "piracy"...
    Was that version of the game installed using the CDs or was it downloaded from a website that isn't blizzard? 100% it was downloaded, that's piracy no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjJ7WW6sZBGv1AKE3

There are 35 PNG screenshots I took during vanilla.
    Looking at that night elf bra is giving me nightmares. It's such a bad fit, it has to hurt her shoulders.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

I currently have 14.448 screenshots dating back to 2005 when I started in Vanilla...I´ll go through the ones from Vanilla and post some of them a little later. I remember wanting to keep them forever, so I have several backups both offline and online. I remember when one screenshot was almost 5MB, but Blizzard released some software to convert .tga to .jpg, so that cut down the sizes. I still have the original .tga files, but the .jpg files I have takes up over 10GB of space