Poll: EXPAC PREF

Thread: MoP vs Legion

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    class design in mop <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    class design in mop <3
    I kinda disagree: enha & elem shaman, feral druid, frost dk, shadow priest and in some extend fury warrior feels better to play. I'm aware that my opinion doesn't count "the whole of class design".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    MoP is superior in every single way.

Legion is the worst expansion we've ever had. Somehow it became worse than even Shitlords of Draenor.

Mists and LK edge out Legion ever so slightly for me, but I'll have to see what Antorus brings. The changes in 7.3.5 and a good final raid may push it into number one for me.

LK = MoP > Legion > Cataclysm > WoD > Classic >> TBC
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Every expansion this happens and people say they miss the golden days of 2 expansions ago. Nothing has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I kinda disagree: enha & elem shaman, feral druid, frost dk, shadow priest and in some extend fury warrior feels better to play. I'm aware that my opinion doesn't count "the whole of class design".
    if you're saying elemental is better in legion than MoP.

your opinion can die in a fucking fire.

NOTHING touches MoP elemental fucking nothing.

I liked Pandaria a lot more just for the general theme and storytelling, but what really puts it over the top for me is the class design. I feel like many specs were at their peak in MoP, with fun, flexible playstyles that had been consistently iterated upon for many years. WoD and Legion threw a lot of that awesome class design away and started again from scratch, which brought with it a whole bunch of brand new problems.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2017-11-09 at 12:12 AM.

3 years from now, we'll have Legion rated higher than MoP and most certainly higher than BfA.

Back when MoP was current, Cataclysm had apparently been the epitome of game design according to these here forums...
    I enjoyed playing my main class in MoP way more than in Legion (no, not because of number of abilities) but as for sheer amount of gameplay and reasons to login and experiences, Legion wins.

I miss MoP because class pruning took away a lot of complexity in the game.

No less isnt more you hipster developers

For me: MoP hands down. Near the end of it a lot of my friends were playing D2 however there was enough stuff for me to keep playing.

Legion, on the other hand, convinced me that I needed to take a break from the game.

MOP tbh. In every single aspect

even the 5.0 with daily quest grinds

pvp (BALANCE)

pve (but Legion had nice raids so far as well)

"legendary system" (long bad-ass quest chain with same reward for everyone)

zones design (I pref prettier zones).

Talents and no "honor talents".

Challenge mods! were 10 times better than M+ grindfest now. CMs were all about skills and tacts. M+ are pure faceroll.

I"M NOT SAYING that Legion is bad expansion. But i just pref MOP over it.

WOTLK = MOP >> Legion >> Cata/TBC >>>>>> WOD

My warlock was so much fun in MoP, except for demonology which meta was changed to the demonic fury garbage.

Through WoD and Legion my lock was more work than fun, I actually dropped my main for 7 years simply because it was no longer fun for me.

So... for me it's MoP, hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    Hated MoP's theme, but class design was way better. Yeah, MoP had faults other than Pandas. I still don't like the talent trees they introduced, but at least classes weren't completely neutered.

Deleted
    Legion has the better gameplay. MoP is the start of downfall of WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you're saying elemental is better in legion than MoP.

your opinion can die in a fucking fire.

NOTHING touches MoP elemental fucking nothing.
    I will rise up my Fist of Ra-Den and oblitereate your f*cking opinion in a chain proc you nostalgic f*cking c*nt! You alliance fake shaman!

Mists handled gearing soooooooooooooo much better than this uncapped TF'ing rubbish Legion has.

Chance for WF+ and you could upgrade with a currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I will rise up my Fist of Ra-Den and oblitereate your f*cking opinion in a chain proc you nostalgic f*cking c*nt! You alliance fake shaman!
    i will spam chain lightning when it actually did top notch AoE damage.
    i will heal up the raid with ancestral guidance.
    i will heal up the raid with healing tide totem
    i will increase the raids damage with stormlash totem
    i will cast lightning bolt on the move and deal very good single target while moving, something elemental doesn't have in legion, go check maiden/avatar, ele = bottom 5.
    i will use shamanistic rage as well as astral shift.
    i will pop ascendance and do some of the highest burst in the game.
    i will use spiritwalkers grace so i'm even more mobile during dps.

but hey yeh we got a 200% chain lightning with static overload every 1 minute, totally worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The complaints about Legion are more from the hardcore, do I expect most people here to prefer MoP
    It is exactly the same people whine about Legion now that whined about MoP... nothing about hard or softcore.

I enjoyed raids more in MoP, but I have a much better time outside raids in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i will spam chain lightning when it actually did top notch AoE damage.
    i will heal up the raid with ancestral guidance.
    i will heal up the raid with healing tide totem
    i will increase the raids damage with stormlash totem
    i will cast lightning bolt on the move and deal very good single target while moving, something elemental doesn't have in legion, go check maiden/avatar, ele = bottom 5.
    i will use shamanistic rage as well as astral shift.
    i will pop ascendance and do some of the highest burst in the game.
    i will use spiritwalkers grace so i'm even more mobile during dps.

but hey yeh we got a 200% chain lightning with static overload every 1 minute, totally worth it....
    I give myself up. I was probaply after something else like how does a spec play but... I'm defeated *death rattle

Mists was an amazing expansion, was the first time questing became a lot more streamlined which maybe wasn't great for alts but for your first run through made it so much more fun, the raids were very high quality too + a lot of new things were added to the game such as CMs, Pet battling for those into that.

Legion is probably one of the best ever for general content though, raids have been a bit hit & miss but the WQ system & M+ were great additions to the game, Issue is just that there's a ton of burnout for anyone remotely hardcore and a bit too much rng. Plus you were practically locked to a single spec for the first half year unless you wanted to gimp yourself.