Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Bookmark this thread and come back 6 months after WoW Classic release so we can laugh about your ridiculousness together.
    Well retail players gotta have something to look forward to, unfortunately for you it wont be turning out so well : (

Clearly you are used to it...

People can play other games its not like BfA will mean nobody will ever find the time to play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Well retail players gotta have something to look forward to, unfortunately for you it wont be turning out so well : (

Clearly you are used to it...
    I'm 100% you look exactly like your avatar picture.

I believe this video adequately sums up my feelings about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You'd be surprised just how many of the worst "muh Classic!!!!"-zealots are kids whom never played it when it was current on account of being too young at the time.

But then I never was one for the "my generation was superior and the new generation is crap!!" type of hasty generalizations.
    The changes that were made to WoW were generally made in an attempt to fix issues. Blizzard knows better than the typical player when it comes to how their game works. They have the data, the behind-the-scenes information. They can tell better than we when there is a problem and the meticulous ways in which to fix it that the average shitposter doesn't have a clue about. All of the quality of life changes that occurred to make WoW less painful and more accessible are things that people take for granted or *think* they don't want. When they get actual vanilla, it's going to be a case of not knowing what you have til you don't have it anymore. Some of my memories from vanilla were...

1- Standing in Stormwind spamming trade looking for 4 people to do dungeons with. Usually spent 10-30 minutes trying to fill the tank and healer roles. Finally get a full group over half an hour later, then have to fly/walk to the dungeon entrance. Ever do transmog runs for old content? Those runs to the instance were part of that vanilla experience. The norm would be at least one guy would drop before the group gets to the dungeon so someone is going to have to hearth back to a town to spam trade for a replacement hoping nobody else leaves. Then you get to run back. All this is going on while each member gets ready, taking their time before heading to the instance. Now you get to see if everyone knows what to do and how to play, and if anyone drops... you get to repeat all this bullshit for what amounted to MAYBE a piece of loot or two you had to fight over that would be replaced soon anyway and maybe a third of a level. How long? Maybe an hour after getting in, maybe two. It was a harder game. People would regularly disconnect because a lot of people still had dialup or shitty DSL connections. And none of it really mattered because there was at least one asshole who was going to steal everything and nobody wanted to bother replacing him.

2- Wanting to play paladin or shaman and not wanting to change factions because Alliance did not have shaman and Horde did not have Paladin.

3- Taking a loooong time to do minor things. Wanna get to 60? Unless you grind hard you're gonna be in for a long ride. Want a mount? Gold wasn't handed out as easily back then and mounts were considered a gold sink.

4- No flying. Enjoy riding EVERYWHERE and having to rely on flight paths that you don't learn automatically. That means if you haven't been somewhere, you're walking or riding there.

5- Ever try to string together a raid with people in your guild (or worse, a pick up group) and functionally organize 10-20 people you barely know to perform boss mechanics that aren't too punishing and have varying levels of difficulties? Cool, well, not in vanilla. Try 40 people, usually some are pugs, in much harder encounters. Orchestrating that is a headache except for elite players. Your average player is not going to see most of those bosses go down.

6- I mained a hunter. Arrows and mana. Enough said

7- Warlock soul stones. Love that backpack space getting taken up.

8- Having to stop and eat/drink after every pull because mobs hit way harder.

9- Paladin buffs lasting five minutes and requiring materials to cast.

10- Warlocks could summon players into BGs who were not supposed to be there and ruin it.

11- Talent trees not really offering much of a choice and, if you want to maximize your ability, you'll be stuck using the same builds as everyone else.

12- Want to be good using that weapon you just found but you've never used that type before? Now you get to grind a mindless weapon skill until it reaches a viable level.

13- Don't like the way your stupid ass armor looks? Too bad. Stats.

14- Tired of your hairstyle? Too bad.

If you like this stuff, good. Enjoy your classic. But people need to quit acting like Vanilla was some glorious experience. It's nostalgia. We didn't know better. I barely touched the surface of what was wrong with Vanilla but any of those things is enough to make me wince.
    Last edited by Silver Forte; 2017-11-09 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You've already revealed your ineptitude when it comes to following discussions, yet you feel a need to butt in.

And it makes me happy that people such as yourself get so triggered by my location. Just remember: Official Classic servers will be part of Retail too. Who's looking for spots to stick his "hate boner" now? Spoiler: You and your ilk.
    You're the one coming to posts repeatedly on the forums dedicated to a version you claim to hate. Seems it pretty much answer the question "who is looking for spots to stick his hate boner".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    the new generation of kids? Yeah right man, they'd get to level 5 and quit. Vanilla will be horrendously unpopular with today's facebook gamers.
    Facebook games? Have you seen what the new generation of kids play? Minecraft. An MMORPG that is literally all grind. They set up their own servers and groups and take on big builds. You know, like we used to set up guilds to beat raids and grinded endlessly for mats to make it happen. Sounds to me vanilla will be right up their alley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Have you seen what the new generation of kids play? Minecraft. An MMORPG that is literally all grind. They set up their own servers and groups and take on big builds. You know, like we used to set up guilds to beat raids and grinded endlessly for mats to make it happen. Sounds to me vanilla will be right up their alley.
    They don't like rigid restriction and rulesets. The first time Billy gets called a noob for trying to run a dungeon as Ret spec he's going to rage quit. I don't expect them to stay. It'll be niche among that generation. I don't expect more than 100k subs and I'm completely pro-Vanilla and have been since Wrath.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I think if Classic servers manage to retain more than 100k after one year is a great success.

I don't think you played much before they started collapsing realms... Cause the only social aspect I remember in terms of overworld gameplay was 30 plus people trying to farm the same 12 units and griefing each other/opposite faction tapping far past what they need to spite everyone, and there being literally no-one for days in an area forcing me to level alone anyways because my low-pop realm didn't have anyone doing anything.
    In other words technologies improve the world, it's not witchcraft trying to make your life worse, I promise.
    Also I think you are angry at LFG systems, not sharding.

Deleted
    So will this delusion spread until Classic comes out and caps at 10.000 players after 1 week? Or will we have these threads even after that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    Do the math, in 2010 there were 12 million subs, now max is 4, that is 8 million players that are not playing, so he is right.
    Sure. And there are 100 million accounts. How does that translate to "more Classic players than BfA"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Old School Runescape has more players than he main Runescape. Main Runescape uses Old Schools numbers to bolster its population during announcements.

The hell is a "fresh start" and why is starting at level 1 with your first character in Classic going to be more of one than doing the same in Live?

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    We get your point, but the OP does not. He has that...need to feel right no matter the evidence brought against his opinion.

I played WoW, EQ, etc back in their vanilla form. WoW vanilla isn't as fun as people remember. They're in for a rude awakening. Farming Dire Maul 250+ times to get your Quel, blue items being your normal set, MC being a giant kick in the ... Guilds now can't keep 10-15 people on their roster. You really think 40 people can get together in this day and age? I don't think so.
    As i recall when they did the nostalgic 40 man molten core raids here about a year-2 ago every last person in wow participated like it was the greatest thing and it was a blast. So yeah I do think people that are sick of this sissy girl 15 man raid crap will be fine with working on a raids again that take 40 players. When it means you have to commit to work for a reward instead of just being handed every epic from a random quest mob drop. People are entirely burnt out on how wow is not, I actually enjoyed the talent tree's, the play-style and the game as a whole much much more in pre-bc than I do now. What what is now feels exactly like a cheesy android mmo. You go from quest to quest, gain points, get gold and repeat and it take you no time or effort to do it.

I just took a year off again, came back, and it too me less then a week to get caught up. I'm sorry but vanilla wasn't that way, and THAT is exactly why it was fun because it was a challenge. And adventure. Not a done in 5 minutes quicky.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    majority of todays teenagers are
    im 20 and i started playing wow in WotLK when i was 12 so i dont know what you are talking about. most of the raiders in my guild are around my age and we have cleared heroic KJ

10+ Year Old Account
    I did try Vanilla during its free week - because I played Warcraft since Warcraft 1 and I was genuinely intrigued. Didn't see the reason why I would leave my Guild Wars 1 alliance for it, and thus stayed in GW1, and only got back to WoW during late TBC, when the alliance slowly died out. Do tell me, why should I leave my guild and friends and go for Classic now? I know that not a single one of them is going to migrate, and I did actually hear voices of "no, not again". Not a single one is going the way of "see you guys, I need to play Classic bad enough that you do not matter anymore".

Might I ask why do you believe that entire realms will suddenly uproot, communities fall apart and guilds leave behind everything they've done up to this point just to play Classic? Because that is what is being implied here.

Quote Originally Posted by wizbangz View Post
    im 20 and i started playing wow in WotLK when i was 12 so i dont know what you are talking about. most of the raiders in my guild are around my age and we have cleared heroic KJ
    what does that have to do with todays teenagers and vanilla?

I wonder how many of these people who "casually" want Vanilla servers forget (or straight up don't know) that you had to talk to the flight master at every stop on the way across a continent or that raids dropped gear for classes that weren't possible to have in your raid?

Oh, I just can't wait for 2 months into Classic's release where the playerbase suddenly splits into Classic Junkies who love it and the many many more Vanilla Purists who bitch about everything and complain its not the same. Then when people inevitably clear all content and realise theres not a bloody thing to do and start to qq on the forums for moar content you ruined my childhood blizz I'll truly be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How many of the same threads do we really need?
    As long as any stranger w/o actual WoW subscription can register and start a debate about the game they don't even play, I can see no end. Just wait for it, when Blizz releases the actual classic, authentic vanilla servers that require subsciption and will have a standard price - bringing back the true vanilla experience with 0, zero additions or tweaks. The forums are gonna explode.

These threads and topics need serious moderation - putting them to a subforum trash can is a good start, but it's not enough.

The logical conclusion: OP is just an other troll that finds satisfaction in bashing the game anonymously.