Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    For fans that only care about the Blizzard core games (RTS and Diablo) then yes it is the worst. I mean there has to be a weak link somewhere on the scales of best to worst. This year was it for me.
    Are you saying World of Warcraft is not one of Blizzard's "core games"?

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    No overwatch expansion just a map ( nice one) and hero.... no new game....kinda a extreme let down.
    Why would Overwatch need an expansion? It's a fine game as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Anymore? Sorta. As far as revenue earners goes, its probably 3rd now. Its certainly been in decline ever since the Warlords fanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Why would Overwatch need an expansion? It's a fine game as it is.
    Its not about every game needing a expansion. Its about the overall lack of stuff for certain games!!!
    Does every blizzard title need a expansion...nope. But if i did not include it people would call me out on it
    But does it need more then the standard WoW and HS stuff yes....

The only IP I care about is WoW, from blizzard, and yeah, it looked a tad disappointing. But we got straight orcs, so .. I'm ok with this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh more or less. Since it killed off any new Warcraft IV rts game, then I would perosnally say no. Basically when Blizzard sold out and went public.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Meh more or less. Since it killed off any new Warcraft IV rts game, then I would perosnally say no. Basically when Blizzard sold out and went public.
    WoW was way bigger than Warcraft could've ever been. Warcraft 3 was a wonderful RTS but wasn't the best RTS ever made.

WoW is not only the best MMO ever made, it's also in discussion for one of the best games ever overall.

no? Blizzard is blizzard becuase of Warcraft RTS, Starcraft RTS, and diablo. Wow has been in decline since cata. Diablo failed to measure up, Starcraft is well god to those in asia. Im not a fan of thier tcg game or overwatch. I want the new core games. I want a diablo thats true to its orgins. I want a warcraft rts.

No panel for Diablo... I feel that title got left out in the dark.. which is a bad thing. Believe it or not, people still play it... Alexstrasza's HotS hero looks like a revamped Shyvana (champion from League of Legends)... Only got hyped for more WoW content, other then that, it was a huuuuuuuge meh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Really? With all they announced, it's worse than that year they didn't announce anything, not even a WoW expansion?

I don't think the problem is Blizzard - they had a great time, they showcased their games for the community, everyone had fun, and there was new stuff to talk about.

And there you are, sitting in the corner all pissy and angry, because you didn't get....something?

No, I know what the real problem here is - with you and the others - your expectations are unrealistic and irrational. I suggest lowering them, so maybe you can enjoy life for once.
    I love this Made me rethink my comment :P Then again I was hyped for the WoW things, but a little diasspointed Diablo got left out

Quote Originally Posted by Xcessive View Post
    No panel for Diablo... I feel that title got left out in the dark.. which is a bad thing. Believe it or not, people still play it... Alexstrasza's HotS hero looks like a revamped Shyvana (champion from League of Legends)... Only got hyped for more WoW content, other then that, it was a huuuuuuuge meh...

- - - Updated - - -

I love this Made me rethink my comment :P Then again I was hyped for the WoW things, but a little diasspointed Diablo got left out
    Alot of people still play d2 as well. they should just close the book on 3 and announce d2 remastered. Just give us a new chapter for the game every 6 months and fuck who would complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Alot of people still play d2 as well. they should just close the book on 3 and announce d2 remastered. Just give us a new chapter for the game every 6 months and fuck who would complain?
    Exactly! The thing is, I tryed playing D2.. But I get a headache using a a screen with 1920x1080 resolution.. I don't know why, but I do.. HD remaster with the feautres you said. I would be down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcessive View Post
    Exactly! The thing is, I tryed playing D2.. But I get a headache using a a screen with 1920x1080 resolution.. I don't know why, but I do.. HD remaster with the feautres you said. I would be down for it.
    back in my dad 800x600 was a good resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    back in my dad 800x600 was a good resolution.
    The resolution isn't the problem, playing on a 1920x1080 monitor is, if you catch my drift? I just want a HD remaster :P I mean, I'm not a graphics "whore" since I play tons of "old" games from N64, NES so forth

I'm sad Blizzard gave into the ridiculous demands for vanilla wow. Yes, I myself loved that era of the game with all of its freshness, adventure and sense of wonder but allocating resources to that instead of a revamp to the current game's systems such as leveling, leveling progression, and class mechanics means I'm expecting WoD 2.0.

Also anyone thinking that ANY of Blizzard's games are as genre defining, gaming defining, generation defining, successful, or flagship as WoW are deluding themselves. WoW continues to be the king for Blizzard even monetarily. I doubt Overwatch or Hearthstone hold a candle to WoW 1-2 years after their respective launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm sad Blizzard gave into the ridiculous demands for vanilla wow. Yes, I myself loved that era of the game with all of its freshness, adventure and sense of wonder but allocating resources to that instead of a revamp to the current game's systems such as leveling, leveling progression, and class mechanics means I'm expecting WoD 2.0.

Also anyone thinking that ANY of Blizzard's games are as genre defining, gaming defining, generation defining, successful, or flagship as WoW are deluding themselves. WoW continues to be the king for Blizzard even monetarily. I doubt Overwatch or Hearthstone hold a candle to WoW 1-2 years after their respective launches.
    I'd advise you read up on interviews.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Are these going to be separate development teams? One working on Battle for Azeroth and one working on WOW Classic?

J. Allen Brack: Yeah, so it was really important for us to be able to answer the community honestly. How many raids is this going to cost them in Battle for Azeroth? The answer is zero. We're going to hire people specifically for this effort. We already are.

Classic WoW will not be taking resources from retail and will have it's own team.

So if BFA is good or bad then Classic will not impact that.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-12 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    No overwatch expansion just a map ( nice one) and hero....

You are disappointed by getting free content regularly instead of having to buy an expansion? Are you nuts?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You are disappointed by getting free content regularly instead of having to buy an expansion? Are you nuts?
    It wasn't exactly out of the goodness of their hearts. It sets up selling an entire series of lootboxes with skins from their other games...
    Make 1 FPS arena map, make $1 billion USD more in lootboxes. Sweet deal, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Nope,

You clearly did not read my post.
    I am disappointed with the lack of major content. Yes some games have gotten nice hero's and maps. But real expansions or sequels have been extremly sparse for blizzard the past few years ( with exception for their money cow WoW).
    Do not get me wrong, i think 1 of the main reasons why blizzard games are so succesfull is the fact that they keep pumping out content.

But new major title's or big content drops ( for other then WoW) , are extremely rare. That is what i found disappointing about blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I am being super honest I was kinda meh about the new xpac was expecting a old gods thing not mists 2.0

Good thing I only care about WoW because SC2 and D3 were absolute garbage so I didn't want any news on them.

Thus Blizzcon was great.