Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only the freebie boosts. Used the level 90 one on a Monk, which is pretty much abandoned, and the 100 one on a Warlock, which is my main. I would never pay for a boost though. Nearly £50?! Get gone.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

I've used the two freebies and then bought one when we needed a healer ASAP. Actually spent quite a bit of cash on that char to get it up to speed (bought a token to sell for gold to buy some gear as well). Had the char ToS normal ready in about 3 days mid July though. My first 2 raids with it actually were without 3rd relic slot unlocked

I bought a 100 boost for a Mage during the Trials of Valor times, which has been my main since Nighthold released.
    It honestly doesnt take that long to learn the "core" mechanic of a class anyway and during leveling you usually play with talents/builds that have some super weird scaling or you just spam AoE all day to level.

Did the same in MoP where I boosted a Hunter from 60 to 90 for the free professions which ended up being my main all the way to Legion

I don't really do alts. I just have one main character which I've played since tbc, so never needed a boost. I've used my freebie but never got into any alts I've played. Tauren Druid for life!

Only used the free boosts that came with WoD and Legion.

Blizzard raised the expansion price and forced their useless boost on me, hell of course I will use them given the opportunity.

Deleted
    Never used a boost, not even the free ones that came with WoD and Legion, but that's because I use the principal of "to know how to play a class, you got actually got to learn how to play the class", I'll probably use them eventually to level up say an alt somewhere on the opposite faction of a class that I already know, what with allied races and unlocking them and all, but classes that I haven't played yet (to max level or at all) get no boost.

Just the free ones, and I barely play them. Would never pay money for a boost in any game.

I didn't use the 2 free ones yet.my reason is that the classes i like the most i have them max lvl & the others that i'v never played or play a little i want to lvl them my self so i can feel & learn the class,so am not sure when am gonna use it

I have leveled ever class and then a few more but I've also use all my boosts I've gotten for "free" with expantions for more alts.

Leveling really doesn't feel like much of an achivement after you've done it a few times.
    I never felt like leveling was fun at all to be honest. Even the first time. WoW has always been about the end game for me.

With mobs and zones scaling to your level and ilvl leveling really is pointless these days and even more so in the next expantion. They might as well remove levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicklle View Post
    I didn't use the 2 free ones yet.my reason is that the classes i like the most i have them max lvl & the others that i'v never played or play a little i want to lvl them my self so i can feel & learn the class,so am not sure when am gonna use it
    This: - I always felt like i would be at a disadvantage play-wise if i didn't start from the beginning with each class as i leveled. The boost, to me, breeds folks who don't entirely know their class (again, my opinion, and i'm sure there are veteran players who understand the game well and can "jump right in" and be fine ) so no, i dont use them except to have high-lvl bank toons that can travel as i already play the classes i want to, and don't need more toons

Deleted
    I have only ever had the Legion one, but did consider it recently for a new character.

Do find it odd though that the 100 boost is £49 I believe in the UK?

And buying a new wow account with a months play time (£9.99) and an upgrade to Legion with a free 100 boost is £34.99. Just seems odd its cheaper!

(Of course, its not on your actual account. I get that, but still!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KajKage View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't boost characters as a principle? Sure it might be ineffective, but boosting just feels like cheating. When I first started playing, reaching the max level seemed like a challenge to achieve, a journey to travel. I still enjoy traveling down this road with alts.

So am I the only one who feels like this or is it more common?
    I refuse to boost, as a protest.. Levelling should no be skippable..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I don't know if you can say you've lived without experiencing a good booset. It's like a rite of passage!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only boosts I remember doing have been to help my friend twink his alt for low level PvP. I believe it was level 49.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still got my 100 Legion boost.

no because it costs like a week's salary in my country lol

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I'd kms if I had to level my alts before Cata, I struggled a lot when I was doing pre-Cata Loremaster >_>
    I had 6 classes levelled by the end of WOTLK. I've also did both Horde and Alliance loremaster (think I've missed 2 zones in Alliance Eastern Kingdoms before the revamp). Yep, some quests were tedious like hell (fu moonstalker pelts), but I kinda miss parts of the old levelling experience, like the multi-zone (sometimes spanning both continents) epic questlines and less joke content (no rambo keeshan or fiona circus). Unmasking Onyxia or the old Loramus Thalipedes quests were really cool, but they got axed (Onyxia even earlier, when they upscaled the raid). Or the quest about Tiron's son. Lots of lore content got lost with the revamp.

One thing I can say is that I don't believe levelling teaches you how to play a class. Not even mentioning every expansion half the classes were turned upside down and I had to relearn them anew, do you people delete your chars and level new ones to learn it again or something? It's quite obnoxious how many times Blizzard changed boomkins, warlocks, ret palas, priests of all specs, mm & surv hunter, death knights, bm & mw monks and several others I might not remember.

One reason I always ended up transferring all my alts instead of boosting fresh chars is I'm very attached to my professions and pattern collection, and you lose that if you change the toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    One thing I can say is that I don't believe levelling teaches you how to play a class.
    I allways liked the time spend with leveling, because it helped me to decide if I like the class-fantasy and general playstyle or not.
    The best way to hate this game is to reroll to a FOTM boosted character and be forced to decide if you like the class at all, after the not preventable nerfs are online.

I feel the same way about players who do this as I felt in vanilla about the players who just leveled one char after another and then quit vanilla wow.
    The same players are discussing WOW CLASSIC currently and I think its hilarious for players like that to talk about VANILLA ENDGAME CONTENT.

13 years and it is still World of Noobs, the community is still the same.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    I just level since BoA's go to 110. It doesn't take that long if you put aside some time every other day.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.