Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    bout the same as undead priests actually. Both are in immense physical pain when utilizing light based magic.
    It goes only for Undead Priest really, we know from "A Thousand Years of War" that being immersed in the Light/Void effectively cuts you off entirely from the other side, so it's just about mechanics of the game as being Lightforged Shadow Priest / Void elf Holy priest is plain impossible

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Demon Hunters are trained by Illidan. Illidan is no longer around at the time that both Nightborn and Void Elves join us. Therefor, no demon hunters. Next!
    Demon Hunters are trained by Ariana Fireheart in the Fel Hammer on Mardum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Blizz said only elves could be Demon Hunters but I am looking at the 2 new races of elves on their site and not a one of them has the option of becoming a demon hunter. Seriously Blizz, make this happen. NAOW!
    It's almost like there wasn't any Nightborne or "Void" elves at the time, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Demon Hunters are trained by Ariana Fireheart in the Fel Hammer on Mardum!
    The purpose of DHs was to defeat the Legion. They have no reason to keep training more (that's a high-risk process that only a low % can survive).

Anyways, the definitve reason behind not giving hero-classes to any new races is that Blizzard would need to redo the starting experience at least to these races, as long they don't fit chronologically on the current experience.
    Nightborne were trapped for 10k years in their bubble, so Arthas couldn't make them DKs, nor they could be at the Dark Temple when Illidan was there.
    Void Elves didnt exit until... well, as far as we know, they don't exist yet. They are void consumed high/blood elves, and Alleria rescue them anytime between after the Antorus raid and the prelude of BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's almost like there wasn't any Nightborne or "Void" elves at the time, yeah?
    Lore is not a chain that binds gameplay. At one time the lore said worgan were uncontrollable beasts so players could not be worgan. They also said Nightelves rejected mages from their society and yet today you can play one. Anything is possible and lore can adapt to gameplay.

You shouldn’t even worry about what the lore says, you should only say “would I have fun?”
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-11 at 10:34 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Blizz said only elves could be Demon Hunters but I am looking at the 2 new races of elves on their site and not a one of them has the option of becoming a demon hunter. Seriously Blizz, make this happen. NAOW!
    No.

There are only 2 options of new playable demon hunters, available to become playable. That are the draenai and the orcs. Orcs are understanding, As they were apart of the illidari. As for the draenai, you can go through hoops by saying that once a broken trained and then consumed a demon soul, they regained their eredar form. Hell, they even have some sweet meta models already in the form of demons all around argus, and the male being based off kiljaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Except that lore-wise it doesn't make sense for them to train any demon hunters at all anymore. They're done. They did what they were created to do.

Why would they ever want anyone to suffer like they did ever again?
    We might break the Burning Legion, but demons will continue to exist, and will probably join forces again in the future.
    Mother pus bucket!

Demon Hunters are trained by Illidan. Illidan is no longer around at the time that both Nightborn and Void Elves join us. Therefor, no demon hunters. Next!
    Then by that logic there shouldn't be any worgen DKs as the gilneas was completely shut off until the cataclysm, to which the lich king died before that. Bolvat has been sitting ontop of the frozen throne since then not being able to move or raise more DKs until the deathlord was able to do so via the lich kings power in legion

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    We might break the Burning Legion, but demons will continue to exist, and will probably join forces again in the future.
    This is an important thing to note.

Long before the Burning Legion was a thing, Sargeras's job, alongside Aggramar, was to murder alllll the demons he could because they were a wild, chaotic, destructive element in the world. It was only after he came to understand the true -power- of the Void Lords that he turned around and enslaved the demons he'd been fighting for infinite -1 quantities of time and wanted to use them to destroy all life in the universe to weaken the Void Lords since apparently that's where they get their power? It's weird and not entirely clear, but yeah.

Sargeras and the Burning Legion were essentially meant to be a Cosmic level Algalon the Observer, ready to destroy the universe 'cause Void Lords.

Without Sargeras in charge, Demons will return to being a wild and chaotic force of destruction traveling from world to world randomly destroying everything. It'll be a -long- time before they get to Azeroth en-masse, but certainly there could be plenty of powerful splinter groups who wind up attacking Azeroth before the bulk of the Legion even gets -near- this world.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

We need more options of DH that don't look like little fragile baby boys.

Void Elves didn't exist and Nightborne were still inside their bubble when Illidan trained the Illidari. Did this really need to be explained to you?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Then by that logic there shouldn't be any worgen DKs as the gilneas was completely shut off until the cataclysm, to which the lich king died before that. Bolvat has been sitting ontop of the frozen throne since then not being able to move or raise more DKs until the deathlord was able to do so via the lich kings power in legion
    Sigh. The worgen dks are not Gilnean like the regular worgen, but servants of Arugal from Northrend.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Sigh. The worgen dks are not Gilnean like the regular worgen, but servants of Arugal from Northrend.
    You know I had actually forgotten about the worgen part of wotlk as I tend to skip over grizzly hills while leveling, cheers for reminding me

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    You know I had actually forgotten about the worgen part of wotlk as I tend to skip over grizzly hills while leveling, cheers for reminding me
    This post makes me sad 'cause Grizzly Hills has the -best- music in all of Wrath...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    This post makes me sad 'cause Grizzly Hills has the -best- music in all of Wrath...
    Main factor there is that I cba going to menethil and wait forever for a ship that never comes to the fjords. Besides I usually go tundra>basin while spamming dungeons

Huh they are grizzly hills worgen? I thought they were just run of the mill silverpine worgen of arugal. The whole grizzly hills thing happens later in the timeline anyway, doesn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Where were the Void Elves and Nighborn when Illidan needed them at the Black Temple. I thought so...
    No candy for you 2.
    Where have all the monks been? Obviously the trade (a mystery until Pandaria was revealed) can be taught and learned.

Its interesting that only Nightelves and Bloodelves are subject to this "Close of Probation"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Huh they are grizzly hills worgen? I thought they were just run of the mill silverpine worgen of arugal. The whole grizzly hills thing happens later in the timeline anyway, doesn't it?
    They are one and the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Void Elves didn't exist and Nightborne were still inside their bubble when Illidan trained the Illidari. Did this really need to be explained to you?
    But they were long before we discovered Pandaria... which is where they are learning to be Monks from though right...

Apparently the demonhunter classes were taught only once, and there is some mental block preventing us from teaching it to anyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the theme of the Hero Classes is that they, lore-wise, irrevocably 'change' the character in question. For death knights, they were killed and raised into what they were, being soulless soldiers of the (then) lich king. Everything they knew, prior to that point, was erased.

Demon hunters gave up everything to become Demon Hunters (hence the oft repeated 'what have you given...' quote). What they were prior to that point meant nothing, as they had basically forsaken their lives for the cause of the Illidari.

Monks, though, are a base class, started from the ground up. Certainly, you could argue that anyone could 'quit' being what they were and then became a monk, but being a monk doesn't scar/damage/change the mind/body/soul like the other hero classes. You can't just 'be' a Death Knight or Demon Hunter from day one.

So you can train monks, but you can't just up and train a Death Knight or Demon Hunter. They have to be 'made' and 'molded' into being.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yes and no, it's Quite messy. The creation of the Scourge Wolf Cult happens around the same or earlier than the Ebon Blade incident. Which is prior to the cataclysm and the appearance of Gilneas, and the Cult isnt stopped until aften in grizzly hils. But at the same time, the playable worgen werent added until later obviously... So yeah messy

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

if they make an alternate starting zone for them, yes. new dh's are being trained, so it's possible.

but not in the old starting zone.