Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Because you are defending Sylvanas' belly armor by saying they shouldn't cater to white males anymore. What makes it so wrong to people that aren't white males that they have to change it?
    Nope. I'm not talking about her belly armor, there. I'm directly responding to someone lamenting how "No one used to complain!"

And I'm not saying anyone shouldn't cater to white males anymore. I'm saying that the gaming industry isn't throwing 100% of it's weight into it anymore 'cause they don't -need- to. (Through, really, I should've said Media in general).

I honestly can't see how you would misread the post, or my intentions, so drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Well i should go praise and support gay people then. Just to make you happy (no pun intended).
    ... what? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Nope. I'm not talking about her belly armor, there. I'm directly responding to someone lamenting how "No one used to complain!"

And I'm not saying anyone shouldn't cater to white males anymore. I'm saying that the gaming industry isn't throwing 100% of it's weight into it anymore 'cause they don't -need- to. (Through, really, I should've said Media in general).

I honestly can't see how you would misread the post, or my intentions, so drastically.
    As if 'White males' were the only customers....

Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    She is full covered now for the same reason that Alextrasza isn't wearing bikini armour in HOTS, sentinels aren't wearing skimpy armour as they used in WC3, and the team has doubts about create more platekinis in the future.

That's cute.

Meanwhile, Legion Demon Hunter armor, which I for one ADORE.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well at least i can still see her sexy midriff in heroes of the storm.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    As if 'White males' were the only customers....
    Where's the black human champion? She just... hiding somewhere? *looks around*

White men aren't the only customers. But they're the ones that have been catered to, the most, historically. Not just in Azeroth, but all over. Your tirade about SJWs and Feminists changing things or complaining until things change is just scapegoating whinging. Your callback to "The good ol' days" (not your words explicitly, but you know what I mean) is what lead to my response.

But it's becoming clear you've got no intention of having a discussion, and are only reading my posts enough to reply in bits and pieces. That sucks, but I understand it. It's the same congitive dissonance I've noted about the Horde and Alliance players, here, so strongly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Your avatar is sexy
    Yes i do agree her avatar picture is very sexy... looks like a sexier version of yrel.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

White men aren't the only customers. But they're the ones that have been catered to, the most, historically. Not just in Azeroth, but all over. Your tirade about SJWs and Feminists changing things or complaining until things change is just scapegoating whinging. Your callback to "The good ol' days" (not your words explicitly, but you know what I mean) is what lead to my response.

But it's becoming clear you've got no intention of having a discussion, and are only reading my posts enough to reply in bits and pieces. That sucks, but I understand it. It's the same congitive dissonance I've noted about the Horde and Alliance players, here, so strongly.
    Funny how it went from Sylvanas her armor to Tracer's butt pose to Black Human champion.

i agree we should end it here before we attract an entire different audience.

Deleted

I don't understand why you care so much about race and gender. Why does someone need to be a black human for a black person to identify or empathise with them? We empathise with many fictional and real characters regardless of species, let alone skin colour.

But there's also a huge movement to defang and humiliate any person interested in Social Justice by going for the "I identify as an attack helicopter" bullshit. A massive portion of the anti-SJW stuff has nothing to do with actual reasonable arguments so much as launching the buzzword and pointing to the parody as if it were reality.
    That's explicitly humour most of the time, but extreme parody can be used as a valid argument by showing how a certain reasoning can be used to justify ridiculous things. It's not a slippery slope fallacy to follow an idea or precedent to absurdity to show that one argument justifies the laughable or ominous. Parody and humour are some of the most crippling weapons to ideologies.

The majority of anti-SJW low hanging fruit stuff has died down, because it's simply not funny anymore. Much of the current movement (or resistance, I suppose) is pretty intellectual. Sargon's probably the best example, but nobody's perfect.

I'm sure you're sincere in your arguments and thoughts here, but to argue white males are being catered to with white male characters is a little racially divisive, not to mention we're talking about fantasy games where the vast majority of characters aren't even human. We've had male human villains, male human heroes, female human villains, female human heroes, why must everything be collectivised into these broad labels instead of treating characters as individuals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why are you so offended by Sylvanas having a belly button?
    It's not really offensive, is just dumb. Sexualization for sexualization's sake always looks dumb. Jaina's shown belly button before BfA looked even more idiotic.

Sure but it's not all about the customer, is also about the writer. An author will always tend to write characters and stories he feels a degree of familiarity with. When they force themselves to do something they don't feel comfortable with (just because "diversity" is seen as a potentially sales-increasing factor and for no other reason) the end result may feel and look terribly forced. What Marvel did with their comics in recent years is a good example of how to introduce diversity in the worst possible way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Why is everyone talking like her midriff was covered just yesterday? She's had it for years. Did she get a new new model since this one, which I'm pretty sure has been in since somewhere around cata/MOP?

The best I can confirm with pictures is that it's been the case since the beginning of Legion, as seen here in the Legion cinematic:

edit: Dug a bit more, it had to have been sometime between the end of MOP and the beginning of Legion, as the MOP end cutscene of defeating Garrosh has the more revealing armor. Past that I don't think it matters enough for me to keep digging.

edit2: August 2015, because I have nothing better to do with my free time, apparently.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-12 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gone well off the rails so it will be closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."