Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Started in MoP and been loving it ever since. Whenever I think back, it feels like I was a lost soul before I found WoW

Love how the responses contradict the OP. Tons of long time players like the game. It's not all about emotions. No one has the 'feeling' they did in Vanilla, because you only get it once. But you don't need that to like the game. I've played since the end of Vanilla, and i've had some big breaks, but always come back. Play religiously every expansion start, and it dials down from there because i don't raid seriously. Still enjoy it though. Story and dungeons mostly.

Deleted
    Started in June 2006. Still love the game. Dont have any plans of stopping. Looking forward to BFA
    Last edited by mmoc5758f841fa; 2017-11-12 at 12:55 PM.

I started playing Vanilla beta with my brothers account and haven't any brake since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Love how the responses contradict the OP. Tons of long time players like the game. It's not all about emotions. No one has the 'feeling' they did in Vanilla, because you only get it once. But you don't need that to like the game. I've played since the end of Vanilla, and i've had some big breaks, but always come back. Play religiously every expansion start, and it dials down from there because i don't raid seriously. Still enjoy it though. Story and dungeons mostly.
    yeah, Classic will always have a special place for me, but thats because it was totally new. I had never played a mmo before and I loved the warcraft universe already(played the rts games). Then wow came out, with EK and Kalmidor to explore. SO much to explore. It really was a adventure.

That true experience will never come back for me with wow, but there are so many things that still keeps me playing wow to this day.

I think alot of people do the mistake and burn out from the game, even at times when there is no reason to do so. Like between last patch and new xpac. People should take breaks(long and short ones). I think they will get more out of the game then, instead of playing when bored.

I've been playing for the most part of the last 6 years and I'm very hyped about BFA.

What can I do? WoW is just my type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been here since December 2004, still very much enjoying WoW.

Is it perfect? No, of course not. But only an idiot expects perfection because nothing is ever going to be perfect.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Love... no; like... yes. However, with that being said, I have no friends, no guild, and due to destruction of realm identity, no way to meet anyone else. Every guild that I've joined has been met with... wait for it... silence; every group that I've joined has been met with... wait for it... silence, and anything outside of that has been met with... wait for it... trolls. In short, by destroying the community and realm identity, Blizzard has, in essence, destroyed my ability to be social.

P.S. In five years, I've only met one guild that I would have called "home," but alas, they transferred off of US:Sargeras, and at the time, I wasn't ready to leave. Animal Collective... I miss you! * sniff sniff *
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-11-12 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Love... no; like... yes. However, with that being said, I have no friends, no guild, and due to destruction of realm identity, no way to meet anyone else. Every guild that I've joined has been met with... wait for it... silence; every group that I've joined has been met with... wait for it... silence, and anything outside of that has been met with... wait for it... trolls. In short, by destroying the community and realm identity, Blizzard has, in essence, destroyed my ability to be social.

P.S. In five years, I've only met one guild that I would have called "home," but alas, they transferred off of US:Sargeras, and at the time, I wasn't ready to leave. Animal Collective... I miss you! * sniff sniff *
    wow I thought I was the only one who felt like this. Currently im playing this game alone and have been for quite some time. I have tried searching and joining guilds, groups or whatever else were other people are. Most of it is silence, outside of raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Funnily enough, I don't think I got 'that' feeling until Wrath. And I got it even stronger in MoP. Those felt new and magical to me for a variety of reasons and those are easily the two expansions that I felt the most bonded to Azeroth.

Been playing since April '06 and the game is still enjoyable to me. Sure, plenty of breaks here and there, and I've definitely become busier as I got older (such is life). But, the fact that the game is more accessible is great--people like me who can't devote all the time I have to the game anymore can still enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Been playing since beta. Off and on of course. Still enjoy it quite a bit, love the gameplay/lore/community(For the most part) and when I don't, I unsub. I don't understand why more people don't unsub when they aren't enjoying the game.

Keeps things fun, at least for me.
    Pretty much the same for me. Since July 2004.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Played from April 2005 til June 2017. Legion slowly wore me down and paragon chests with their low mount drops were the last drop in the bucket. The whole duration of Legion I felt like blizzard was sucking my time spent in game with their roulette scheme reward plan. Never coming back and will play classic only if free. Blizzard will never see a dime from me again.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    I have been consistently playing since the EU release February 2005. The game is still quite a lot of fun to me.

I've been playing since the original beta and still enjoy WoW, but I do not enjoy it as much as I used to. MOP was the last good expansion, and it was no where near as good as WOTLK.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still love wow, the only MMO I have played, tried others but never peaked any interest. never unsubbed, but did stop playing at times.

I dont really care for Legion, Classic and TBC were my favs (My opinion stfu)

I dont play as much now as I did back then, and before everyone says I got older and more responsible, stop. I started wow at 38, I have more free time now than I did then.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    I feel like most people still having real fun with the game have only been playing it for a few years and are relative newcomers, maybe a little more. All my friends (and past) friends that I know from Vanilla/BC do not enjoy the game any longer, or linger around but are clearly not very invested.

For me the game has been lukewarm since Cataclysm, and that hasn't changed. No expansion, BfA included, has stirred strong emotions in me.
    Sure. This is still the game I play more than anything else, and I've been playing since 2005, with only a single year-ish break during the later parts of Mists of Pandaria. (And I regret taking my break during MoP instead of during WoD. MoP was awesome).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...reymane/solder

Feel free to check the cheevos if you want proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feb '05 I was gifted the game. 5 accounts later I'm still playing, albeit with large breaks and much more casually than I did from 2005-2010. I still enjoy it, moreso now than I have since WotLK.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Started in a Wotlk server back in Cata but only came to retail during Mop when Br servers were open with a reasonable price.

I love the game, always did, sometimes i couldn't play because of real life but when i got the chance i always came back and plan to keep playing.

However, i no longer play wow and only wow, i switch from game to game when i feel like it, trying not to burn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No.

WoW is good for killing time and I'd rather be playing than being bored out of my mind with nothing to do.

Sometimes the lore is interesting. Usually they fuck it up.