Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Well most of the stuff he said was true.

We are getting sub races in 7.3.5 etc.

Sylvanas used the shard to destroy teldrassil.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot lol, Azshara being talked about as Argus (the planet) last year was talked about.

They said we will see her, just not when.
    The Smallest Piece of Gorribal....

Used to easily destroy Teldrassil like nothing?

Makes sense...

I wouyld resub justt to watch Anduin die. Then unsub agaoin till next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I guess by the same people that use NHC (non-HC) instead of NM for normal. Addons have, and will always be about the addons, not expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, it feels like not even Blizzard got a clue what they are doing anymore. There was so little information this Blizzcon.
    I think This Dev team is lost and creatively bankrupt. Its obvious they are throwing ideas against the wall and picking the ones they feel stick . BfA does not feel like it will flow naturally from Legion. It feels like its just being thrown together until they can figure out where they want to go.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I guess by the same people that use NHC (non-HC) instead of NM for normal.
    And "twinks" for max level alts.

To be fair, it feels like not even Blizzard got a clue what they are doing anymore. There was so little information this Blizzcon.
    In WOD Blizzard officially said on Blizzcon that Grom will be the end boss of the expansion, and then they scrapped him to put Archimonde instead. So yeah, if Blizzard can make a 180 turn mid way expansion, hard to believe them, not even mentioning unofficial leaks and fan fantasies. We will only know for sure when it's made and released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    So we read all these spoilers of the new addon. Do we completly ignore the fact, that some people were right and because they were right,
    i.e. anduin will die etc.
    Ah, my sweet dreams....
    (comment coming from an Ally player)

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Atleast they dont search for "1 damage per second".

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Not when talking about world of warcraft.
    We used addon as expansion back in time

In WOD Blizzard officially said on Blizzcon that Grom will be the end boss of the expansion, and then they scrapped him to put Archimonde instead. So yeah, if Blizzard can make a 180 turn mid way expansion, hard to believe them, not even mentioning unofficial leaks and fan fantasies. We will only know for sure when it's made and released to the public.
    Exactly, all we know now is that there will be two new islands, and the factions will battle to gain control of both. Then as we're busy with each other, Queen Azshara will come and fuck us from behind.

What bothers me the most is that we know nothing if talents will have any changes, if there will be a new legendary system (they did mention they wouldn't use the Legion one, I think?) or anything gameplay related really. We just saw some lame pictures of a beach with mobs on. Blizzcon usually gets me super hyped, but this one failed hard. Sad to see my hype for this game slowly dying after spending over a decade playing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Atleast they dont search for "1 damage per second".
    Dps have always been used as an abbrevation for damage dealers in WoW, can't say the same about 'addons' used for expansions (this thread is literally the first time I see it being used like that).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Who are "we"?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Dps have always been used as an abbrevation for damage dealers in WoW, can't say the same about 'addons' used for expansions (this thread is literally the first time I see it being used like that).
    Addon atleast makes sense as this word was used for ages in game industry for additional content you can buy to your existing game. Looking for 1 damage per second doesnt make any sense (unless you search for a classic ret pala). Its damage dealer (DD) not DPS.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-11-13 at 02:09 PM.

I know that us Germans used that, but I always heard "expansion" from English speakers.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I wouyld resub justt to watch Anduin die.

It wouldn't matter for me how crappy the xpac was, if he died I would argue that it was the best xpac to date. He has gone from annoying little twerp to young Brad Pitt knockoff in these new trailers. I would take anyone to lead the alliance over Anduin, even a Pandaren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    So we read all these spoilers of the new addon. Do we completly ignore the fact, that some people were right and because they were right, their other information is going to be true too?

i.e. anduin will die etc.
    Come on, I am dying for a link! Please give us one!

Addon atleast makes sense as this word was used for ages in game industry for additional content you can buy to your existing game. Looking for 1 damage per second doesnt make any sense (unless you search for a classic ret pala). Its damage dealer (DD) not DPS.
    Doesn't matter about what "makes sense", its what have been used since day one - DPS for damage dealers, expansion for expansions and addons for addons. Been playing since a couple of months after classic release, and think I've met a total of 3 people who said DD instead of DPS, and those was from servers that wasn't English. And addons have always been called addon, since the first ones was made back in Classic, while TBC was the first expansion to the game.

But go on, call it what the fuck you want mate, not my fault you're causing confusing talking about making your max lvl DD twink ready for your next addon.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The guy who leaked the title BfA as well as most of the other information only really had that to reveal for us. It was all pretty general and basic.
    It isn't leak when the title is public knowledge

Doesn't matter about what "makes sense", its what have been used since day one - DPS for damage dealers, expansion for expansions and addons for addons. Been playing since a couple of months after classic release, and think I've met a total of 3 people who said DD instead of DPS, and those was from servers that wasn't English. And addons have always been called addon, since the first ones was made back in Classic, while TBC was the first expansion to the game.

But go on, call it what the fuck you want mate, not my fault you're causing confusing talking about making your max lvl DD twink ready for your next addon.
    The terms I use are used since classic too. Damage dealers always were called DD's. Additional paid content to a base game always was called add-on. But go on call it what the fuck you want mate, not my fault you are just causing confusion talking about your guild needing 1 damage per second alt in the next expansion.

Please call healers HPS and tanks DTPS for sounding even more funny.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-11-13 at 03:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    hehe of course blizzard will not kill anduin, would be a good vol'jin revenge, but he is not horde, so he stay alive

The terms I use are used since classic too. Damage dealers always were called DD's. Additional paid content to a base game always was called add-on. But go on call it what the fuck you want mate, not my fault you are just causing confusion talking about your guild needing 1 damage per second alt in the next expansion.

You German or even Spanish, by any chance? There are as good as zero people calling DPS for DD, and zero people calling expansions for add-ons on any english server I have played on since Classic. You're just talking out of your ass.

Deleted
    I've been here, both on MMO-Champion and WoW, since back in time and no 'we' didn't. Especially since we actually HAVE addons in this game, so we don't call expansions that.

What nationality are you? I don't care what you call things, but I've been active on forums for wow since 2004 and I've never heard an expansion called an "add-on" until today. It doesn't matter, I am just very curious who uses this terminology and thinks it's a standard thing. I'm guessing it's a Western European thing.

If I post that I am looking for 1 DPS to fill a raid and someone is confused by that, I don't really want them in my raid. If that confuses them there is no chance they will understand anything else in raid chat. Whether or not the term makes sense, it has been a part of the popular WoW lexicon in the English speaking world for the last decade.

What? Twinks have always referred to characters that are kept at a certain level to be the max level in a certain bg bracket, are decked out with BiS gear for that class and level, and do nothing but roll people around in BGs because it was a time where you didn’t get exp from them. Those people are pretty wrong.

DD is an old as balls term from EQ that did carry over initially but has since lapsed out of common usage. And the same with addon... heck there is a high elf NPC on the EPL side of the Blood Elf zones that was named Adon as a reference.

For some reason I keep reading your post in Reboot Scrooge McDuck’s voice and it makes it all the better.
    That said, Blizzard does refer to them as “Expansion packs” or “expansions” themselves, so there’s that. As for DPS over DD... it probably got picked up more because that’s the metric used to judge the success of someone playing the role. Hell, i don’t bloody know.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What nationality are you? I don't care what you call things, but I've been active on forums for wow since 2004 and I've never heard an expansion called an "add-on" until today. It doesn't matter, I am just very curious who uses this terminology and thinks it's a standard thing. I'm guessing it's a Western European thing.
    It's something that pre-dates WoW. The two have very similar meaning anyway. Not like the words originated with video games.