Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    You should care, because "People don't want to fly" and "People don't want flying" have different meanings, telling someone that wants flying to be disabled not to fly is sidestepping the argument.

Or you'd fight them if they're members of the opposite faction.
    And for the majority of players that play on PvE that's irrelevant.

World PvP hasn't been a real thing since Battlegrounds

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    What If I told you I became a casual who never raided Mythic in Legion and instead just hates welfare because it plays the game for me. Why am I farming M+ for ez TF gear when next patch It'l be done for me, wtf I missed raid tiers when they were current in this expansion and now they are obsolete you cant do anymore. The only people this system doesn't effect are the Mythic raiders because they are always doing the latest content ASAP and welfare doesn't effect them (They never use it) the complete opposite of what you are saying.
    So you are you just like the other guy and want to progress emerald nightmare year after the game launched? Yeah, no. You do understand that even in vanilla and tbc it was incredibely hard for new players to get in to raiding scene because there wasn't any guilds progressing in mc and bwl during naxxramas? These people had no chance of ever getting to raid naxxramas. Introduce catch up gear and they can get to those guilds and experience raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    At first I wrote a long reply to this explaining how raiding current content was in classic and tbc but I decided that its pointless. So I'm just going to say that your idea of raiding is flawed.
    ROFL. What an excellent rebuttal.

It's not my "idea of raiding". It's just how it was, thanks for showing you clearly never played back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    So you are you just like the other guy and want to progress emerald nightmare year after the game launched? Yeah, no. You do understand that even in vanilla and tbc it was incredibely hard for new players to get in to raiding scene because there wasn't any guilds progressing in mc and bwl during naxxramas? These people had no chance of ever getting to raid naxxramas. Introduce catch up gear and they can get to those guilds and experience raiding.

The old Vanilla/BC raiding system was superior. Catch-up gear is a joke in this kind of game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Can't imagine how can you fly without flying enabled.
    Which is why "Don't fly then" is not an appropriate response to someone who wants flying to be disabled. Get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    And for the majority of players that play on PvE that's irrelevant.

World PvP hasn't been a real thing since Battlegrounds
    I don't want to argue over flying, i'm just saying that telling someone that is against flying "Don't fly then" is stupid.

Also, World PvP has always been a real thing, just because you don't like it or because it's not popular doesn't mean "It's not a real thing". It is definitely untrue that World PvP has stopped with battlegrounds, people kept fighting each other in the world throughout The Burning Crusade for instance, notably in the Hellfire Peninsula.

Also, it's not surprising that people don't fight people as much as before since they can now fly over the map safely.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2017-11-13 at 09:03 PM.

Telling people who don't like flying not to fly is perfectly valid.

They're saying it ruins the game. If they don't fly and all of the others who scream on the forums that flying is mega aids don't fly then you still get to interact with each other.

If that plan doesn't work it might be because people enjoy the benefits of flying more than their fabricated outrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Telling people who don't like flying not to fly is perfectly valid.

They're saying it ruins the game. If they don't fly and all of the others who scream on the forums that flying is mega aids don't fly then you still get to interact with each other.

If that plan doesn't work it might be because people enjoy the benefits of flying more than their fabricated outrage
    It's not. They're not saying it ruins the game because they're allowed to fly, but rather, because others are allowed to fly.

then you still get to interact with each other.
    No, you don't, because others are flying.

This is valid.

TBC wasn't really the same game anymore thanks to flying. It pretty much ruined Wow for me.

-subjective opinion just like everyone else's

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    Adding flying mounts was the worst thing Blizzard ever did with WoW
    I wouldn't say it's the worst thing, but I generally agree that the sentiment of "not being able to fly in some zones" only exists because flying was implemented. If we moved around with only ground mounts and flight paths it would be fine (I would like it if flight paths were a bit faster, but whatever).

However, it's too late. Flying was implemented. You can't turn back time. So the thing that hurts now is flying being restricted in new zones when we were able to fly in older zones. If new zones were designed with flying in mind, that would probably help a lot.

I can't comment on pvp though. It does sound pretty crappy to get ganked by flying players.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    OMG another of these morons who keep iterating the lie about flying damaging experiencing of new content.

I have news for you: Except for Cataclysm, we have never had flying while leveling, where new content happens. At max level, there is repetition of the end content. Not "new content". And every raid, dungeon etc. are without flying whatsoever.

Keep lying.
    What on earth are you talking about? You don't get flying until mid to late into the expansion with pathfinding and it has been that way since WoD. That was the "compromise" that shut up people who cried for flying. But it still means you don't get to use flying for the majority of new content. Hence the comment. Essentially it means flying only exists for old content and alts.

Which is why "Don't fly then" is not an appropriate response to someone who wants flying to be disabled. Get it ?

I don't want to argue over flying, i'm just saying that telling someone that is against flying "Don't fly then" is stupid.

Also, World PvP has always been a real thing, just because you don't like it or because it's not popular doesn't mean "It's not a real thing". It is definitely untrue that World PvP has stopped with battlegrounds, people kept fighting each other in the world throughout The Burning Crusade for instance, notably in the Hellfire Peninsula.

Also, it's not surprising that people don't fight people as much as before since they can now fly over the map safely.
    You can always disable flying for yourself. Just don't fly. Got it?

LFG,LFR, easily obtainable gear from pve and pvp, horde paladins, alliance shamans...the list goes on and on as the worst but its all opinions anyways.

How do people manage to come up with such new and original topics?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How do people manage to come up with such new and original topics?
    What is dead (such as this horse...er topic) may never die, so people take that literally and keep bringing it up.

Past that, I've got nothing.

I'm not at all a fan of flying.

It's not. They're not saying it ruins the game because they're allowed to fly, but rather, because others are allowed to fly.

No, you don't, because others are flying.

This is valid.
    Now this explains. It is not that you don't like your flying enabled. It is that you don't like other people are able to fly. You don't care what they like. Interesting personality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    People were MUCH more helpful before flying. When pulling 2 mobs meant death, and death was a 5 min run from the single graveyard in the zone (if you're lucky enough to have one in your zone), when buffs were incredibly helpful and powerful and you helped someone you saw struggling because you knew death was a real punishment.
    Death a punishment? in wow? you never played a game obviously where DEATH IS a punishment. In wow you just run back to your corpse and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylord View Post
    ROFL. What an excellent rebuttal.

It's not my "idea of raiding". It's just how it was, thanks for showing you clearly never played back then.
    Yeah I just randomly made account here in 2008. In tbc and classic you had to clear old raids for recruits, there was no way around it if you wanted to continue raiding. In tbc you had attunements forcing you to do that content more than gear. You know why people were doing SSC and TK when BT launched? Attunements. Not for fun, attunements.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    The old Vanilla/BC raiding system was superior. Catch-up gear is a joke in this kind of game.
    Wotlk was the most popular expansion to this date. No attunements, no clearing old raids because they introduced 5man instances that acted as a catch up.

I think the current implementation is great, best of both worlds. Great immersion each new expansion, and flying is there when the time is right. You will always have people for and against, but a bad decision? Not really.

Deleted
    You can always disable flying for yourself. Just don't fly. Got it?
    Now this explains. It is not that you don't like your flying enabled. It is that you don't like other people are able to fly. You don't care what they like. Interesting personality.
    I'm criticizing you for not addressing the point, i'm not arguing in favor of flying.