Regardless of what they technically said, I guarantee most took the inflection as there being more than 1 due to them saying warfrontS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It appears that you did not read my post. They never said multiple warfronts at launch. That's a fact, and if you're claiming otherwise, you'll need some evidence.
    You are nitpicking. This isn't even worth discussing. They used "warfronts" all over the place. Nobody at all thought that this meant "one warfront". LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It appears that you did not read my post. They never said multiple warfronts at launch. That's a fact, and if you're claiming otherwise, you'll need some evidence.
    I don't know what this commonality is with people thinking I don't read. Because I don't respond to you with the exact same post I made to other people yesterday doesn't mean I didn't read it. I read it.

First off. When you market WarfrontS as plural for an expansion that IMPLIES multiple. It isn't like one of those bullshit "HURR THEY PROMISED" shitposts from WoD, the picture they painted themselves, the one they said with their words, even in the interview yesterday and the above SCREENSHOT OF THE WEBSITE, IMPLIES multiple.

------

So either one of two things is true here. Someone(s) fucked up at all levels and multiple people managed to make mistakes with plural speech instead of singular speech, this includes Ion, Jeremy, AND whoever did the excerpts for the official BFA Site.

OR

They used deceptive marketing to LIE and make the expansion appear like it would have more content than it does outright.

I honest to god DO NOT know how you can defend this. Some things I say, yeah I get it, they can be opinions, this is not one of those things. They lied to our faces and you are defending their lies. Pretty scummy of you.

Which I find somewhat ironic as it sounds like there are more than 1 Warfront but it took me quite awhile to realize there were more than the 3 islands they showed off.

I knew they were going to be procedurally generated but thought we were just getting 3 base islands. Apparently it’s quite a bit more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Regardless of what they technically said, I guarantee most took the inflection as there being more than 1 due to them saying warfrontS.
    Of course, and it was not by chance, it was because Blizzard themselves used the plural form of "warfronts" all over the place. They could have said "warfront". They could have said "if you like it (note the singular form), we will add more warfronts in the future". They did nothing of the sort, they plainly used "warfronts". It's completely clear. The interview is backtracking, it is not clarifying anything, it is plainly backtracking. They either changed plans or someone was too eager with the Blizzcon slides / talks and they want to "correct" things and scale down expectations that they themselves created.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-11-14 at 02:53 PM.

To me the most likely explanation is they had multiple planned, realized that was too ambitious, cut it down to 1 but they keep using it in the plural as that’s what they originally planned just out of habit.

To me the most likely explanation is they had multiple planned, realized that was too ambitious, cut it down to 1 but they keep using it in the plural as that’s what they originally planned just out of habit.
    I might understand this IF they hadn't gone through such a painstaking task this Blizzcon of not sharing any information that wasn't set in stone. For fucks sake the artist panels provided a more clear picture of the expansion than the actual Developers did this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we have right now is a lack of communication, some interviews they say that there will be more Warfronts, Alex himself said in one of them that in the Future Arathi could be one of the warfronts, or other important places in Lore. But they are not making things clear for everyone.
    And their marketing with the WarfrontS are not helping this confusion at all.

Or that, you know, they have more planned to be patched in later, and revealing them now would be spoilers.

This is Blizzard, so expect the least amount of content they can make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Or that, you know, they have more planned to be patched in later, and revealing them now would be spoilers.
    I would expect this to not create false expectations, in promising something that will be cut later.
    But they need to clarify things a little bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Or...it is saying that by launch, there will be six races. Doesn't mean that four of them could come with 7.3.5.
    Clutch them straws tight my dude

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    Thats great and everything except this most recent interview doesn't even slightly hint at them being in development. Link is in the sig with the quote. Scroll down to the questions about Warfronts and read them yourself.

Also regardless of if more are coming later, that is later. Class Mounts weren't advertised with Legion were they? How about Argus? What about the Netherlight Crucible? Your argument is just as bad as the other one. You are defending deceptive marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I might understand this IF they hadn't gone through such a painstaking task this Blizzcon of not sharing any information that wasn't set in stone. For fucks sake the artist panels provided a more clear picture of the expansion than the actual Developers did this year.
    Personally I think that feeling some people got about Blizzcon is more due to the type of xpac BfA is than anything. It’s basically Legion+. There’s only 2 truly brand new pieces of content, Island Explorations And Warfronts. Islands they went into plenty of detail about.

Just about everything else that was announced was: WQs = the same so don’t need to go into detail. M+ same as well so no need to go into detail. Level scaling is the same. Azurite is AP with some changes and they did go into detail on that.

So to me the only thing they were truly vague about was warfronts which clearly are pretty early in development.

Deleted
    I don't know what this commonality is with people thinking I don't read. Because I don't respond to you with the exact same post I made to other people yesterday doesn't mean I didn't read it. I read it.

First off. When you market WarfrontS as plural for an expansion that IMPLIES multiple. It isn't like one of those bullshit "HURR THEY PROMISED" shitposts from WoD, the picture they painted themselves, the one they said with their words, even in the interview yesterday and the above SCREENSHOT OF THE WEBSITE, IMPLIES multiple.

------

So either one of two things is true here. Someone(s) fucked up at all levels and multiple people managed to make mistakes with plural speech instead of singular speech, this includes Ion, Jeremy, AND whoever did the excerpts for the official BFA Site.

OR

They used deceptive marketing to LIE and make the expansion appear like it would have more content than it does outright.

I honest to god DO NOT know how you can defend this. Some things I say, yeah I get it, they can be opinions, this is not one of those things. They lied to our faces and you are defending their lies. Pretty scummy of you.
    0.0 lol your way to but hurt over this

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    0.0 lol your way to but hurt over this
    Honestly I couldn't give less of a fuck than I already do if I tried. Its Blizzard's game and if they choose to market it incorrectly you can bet your ass many more people besides me will say something.

Also Ad Hominem isn't an argument. Try harder.

What I would describe as deceptive marketing is they are hyping it up nearly the same way as garrisons but hey are still so early in development on it that so much can change. Fortunately it’s not the centerpiece of the xpac and appears to be an event that comes up once in awhile so not a ton lost if it’s awful.

Island expeditions look like they have a very clear vision though and are nearly good to go outside of adding more of them. Mechanically I got the impression they are in a good state though.

- - - Updated - - -

Island expedition’s fun is going to solely rest on if they can get the advanced AI to work well or it’s just going to be as easy and boring as scenarios for many. If that AI actually works though, it sounds amazing.

Island expedition’s fun is going to solely rest on if they can get the advanced AI to work well or it’s just going to be as easy and boring as scenarios for many. If that AI actually works though, it sounds amazing.
    From what they described it sounds like they already have it working and honestly the concept of the islands itself is so damn good I don't think it would matter either way. I am really excited to see the PvP Version of the islands personally.

Warfronts were advertised as a kind of alternative raid model, so in my eyes it would make sense if there were "tiers", or staggered releases, one at launch, 2-4 more during Legion. Depending on what you get from them, all Warfronts could remain relevant throughout BfA.

And of course promotional material would speaks of Warfronts, imagine if raids would get introduced in BfA after only having dungeons so far, would it not make sense to talk of raids, even if there's only one at launch?
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-11-14 at 03:12 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

From what they described it sounds like they already have it working and honestly the concept of the islands itself is so damn good I don't think it would matter either way. I am really excited to see the PvP Version of the islands personally.
    I really hope they give the PvP version the best rewards just because clearly it would be the hardest. (Though you do get rewarded from losing too. Just less)