Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    The roots of everything that made WoW Vanilla a dear memory for everyone who actually played it was that you needed to be social and friendly to be actually able to do things. That your skill and stuff had an impact on the groups you will join as well as your attitude. As you couldn't just hope in quickly in a group and be done with the dungeon or the raid, you had to have actual relationships to be able to do things.

And thus, as you lvled, you will meet people with whom you will eventually create a guild and thus make friends. That's the point of it. If you implement things that allows you to bypass these group seekings phases, then it is over, the game will lose all interests.
    Believe it or not, being social used to be considered a “skill” once upon a time in the computer gaming world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Just make a GLOBAL WORLD chat like on Nostalrius where you can chat with all server people.

No need of lfg
    That’s not too bad of an idea as long as it doesn’t get abused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just make a GLOBAL WORLD chat like on Nostalrius where you can chat with all server people.

No need of lfg
    Oh so how like trade chat is always only ever used for trade and not for people arguing about politics or spamming anal chat?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That’s not too bad of an idea as long as it doesn’t get abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Oh so how like trade chat is always only ever used for trade and not for people arguing about politics or spamming anal chat?

Guess what guys, like in Vanilla and TBC and Wrath also Cata don't forget WOD and lets see ah ye Legion too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what guys, like in Vanilla and TBC and Wrath also Cata don't forget WOD and lets see ah ye Legion too.
    So... you're basically saying such a concept would be wildly abused and not used for its original intent?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So... you're basically saying such a concept would be wildly abused and not used for its original intent?
    It is abused NOW because we have/had LFG LFD and LFG/LFD Addons, hence no need to "LFM 2 DPS Jailbreaker QUEST BRD" every 5minutes in trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Hey everyone,

Was thinking about this tonight - do you believe that we will see oQueue (or something similar) built for classic WoW? Since these Addons rely heavily on the Battle.net API, which i expect to be there due to them integrating the client with it. I, myself, don’t really want to see it; however, if it is possible to make it, expect it to be made.

Thoughts?
    yes it will. there's an addon already called vQueue but it's not very far developed. when official servers actually come out though i think you'll see a lot more development of it or addons like it. although i remember oQueue heavily relied on realID bnet tags so maybe it won't be as good without it.

7+ Year Old Account
    So personally, i dont thing any LFG type thing will/should exist. I don't think it will for mostly the reason i don't think it should, because it's not what made vanilla vanilla and it would harm the growth of the game community in that way. If you don't have to interact with people to get stuff done, then you're not building your character and what place he takes in said community. That's one of the things that made the game fun.

That said, will this even matter? Even assuming that there are no addons that work well enough in place of this, will it still be that bad?????

Answer is NO, because there are plenty of alternatives.
    Find a guild, boom there you go, you found people to run dungeons with, congratulations
    Type in /2 /4 etc... more people to play with there
    Battle.net friends that you already have...!

Are these not good enough for you, well guess what?
    Discord!

Yes, there will likely be plenty of Discords you can join that will have channels for each of the dungeons you want to run and people sitting in there looking for other people to run with. Discords per server, for pvp, for pve, for rp. I'm sure you will find it if you look for it.

TLDR
    Whether they have it or not, it's not the end of the world. So stop preaching every little thing the game might not have and just wait for them to announce what they are actually going to do and allow... and then you can preach its the end of the world...or you can just roll with the punches and adjust, up to you all

10+ Year Old Account
    It is abused NOW because we have/had LFG LFD and LFG/LFD Addons, hence no need to "LFM 2 DPS Jailbreaker QUEST BRD" every 5minutes in trade.
    So now you're saying trade chat wasn't abused during Vanilla, BC, and WotLK?

People looking for a tank for an hour and a half were still the minority of communications in trade chat.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.