Poll: What vibe are you getting

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm definitely getting strong WoD2.0 vibes with all the nice soulless grinds that legion introduced .

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    Filler exp pack between Legion and Void - easy to see that

Red vs Blue has been dead for years - would be nice if they just let it die
    I’d much rather they let the void die instead the space stuff is the worse thing they have done in all of wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy28 View Post
    I feel it will be like WoD or possibly worse. Every new thing I hear about it just gets worse.
    What have we heard after blizzcon that you think is worse?

I think we are a little early to make this distinction. I think BfA has a great chance at being a really fresh expansion, or being a WoD for sure. I hope once we get more story and get more engaged that will flesh out. I am a little burned out already on the invasion point/Island thing they've been doing since it showed up in Diablo.

It is fun, but I don't like zoning into a scenario all the time and needing 2 other players to do my open world stuff. I liked my open world as my time to explore and do solo stuff. Granted this doesn't over take that, but it is the most rewarding open world play sadly. Oh well, I don't think it'll be that bad and hopefully since I raid I won't feel the need to do these over and over in hopes of gear upgrades that out do my raid gear upgrades.

I have a lot of faith in BfA, I feel like the expansions that weren't obvious choices have been good outside WoD and WoD really felt more like a revamp of the internal systems a big transition point in the WoW Dev team. There was some good aspects to WoD, some solid raid bosses for sure, and a few mechanical things I liked. Overall story was kind of meh, and the garrison was so-so, a little over kill.

I'm going to echo the sentiment that please keep Starcraft and Warhammer 40k out of Warcraft. I hate this flying mech, spaceship, travel the stars with magic science stuff. I hope we get away from that and stick more to our world without space travel, portals for some reason I'm okay with, but I don't want to roll around in power armor wielding a canon arm.

I didn't vote. What's the damn point honestly. I've learnt my lesson from WoD not to expect anything. Too little info really to feel/think anything yet. I didn't think much of MoP and that turned out to be my second favourite expac after WotLK. I was hyped af for WoD and that turned to shit quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I am still hooked after 3 weeks at max level it will already be better than WoD. And with what I've seen of Islands so far, I am pretty sure that will happen.

WoD would have been fine if there was another major content patch or two and they hadn't made Garrisons so powerful or overly involved.

Pretty sure you made this thread about Legion too, or someone of your same mindset.

Seeing as how I'm not a Negative Nancy, I'm using Legion as the most recent measurement rather than the expansion that once and for all killed the "worst ever!"-discussion among a majority of strong expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If I am still hooked after 3 weeks at max level it will already be better than WoD. And with what I've seen of Islands so far, I am pretty sure that will happen.
    Tbh, besides the lack of actual endgame content, the shitty premise and my utter disgust with the aesthetic choices for the horde, WoD killed itself for me with the complete garbage structure of their servers and having 24 hour ques on a medium pop server. I was so pissed, that alone drove me to not extend the mandatory 1 sub month, everything I read after that release just confirmed my choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tbh, besides the lack of actual endgame content, the shitty premise and my utter disgust with the aesthetic choices for the horde, WoD killed itself for me with the complete garbage structure of their servers and having 24 hour ques on a medium pop server. I was so pissed, that alone drove me to not extend the mandatory 1 sub month, everything I read after that release just confirmed my choice.
    I can understand that, it really had problems in the beginning.

And the leveling phase was the best I had until then. Endgame was also fine the first 2 weeks. But then you were geared and the Apexis zones all were basically "Kill enemies until the bar is full", which got boring really fast. And besides that there was just nothing.

World Quests at least are a bit more diverse, even if it is a quest that forces me to fish instead of kill stuff for drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I can understand that, it really had problems in the beginning.

And the leveling phase was the best I had until then. Endgame was also fine the first 2 weeks. But then you were geared and the Apexis zones all were basically "Kill enemies until the bar is full", which got boring really fast. And besides that there was just nothing.

World Quests at least are a bit more diverse, even if it is a quest that forces me to fish instead of kill stuff for drops.
    Exactly how I felt in WoD. WQs on the other hand work for me though I have to admit that they utterly killed alts for me. I feel like I have levelt 50 chars already, probably because I already did every WQ about as often.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Well this is just one example: I'm worried about Warfronts turning into a much worse version of garrisons since they're one of the main end game features
    what? how will they turn into garrisons, you dont have to do them as they are just a game mode like M+ raiding and battlegrounds, they are NOTHING AT ALL like garrisons, i feel like you took the names, watched the vid for 2 seconds then judged them.

hell we allready know they wont compete with raiding or M+ as they said they will be limited time and on reward level with mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

The story spirals from defeating the Legion by coming together as one to suddenly being at eachothers throats over something we've gotten over since 7.2.
    we stopped the big bad, perfect time for one of the factions to go "this new power has emerged and our enemy is weak from the war, time to take this planet for our own"

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't see why Old Gods would be the B-list villain here. They should be the A-list when the Void had been hinted all over Legion.
    just like how the old gods were B and C list villians in vanilla and wotlk?
    also yes, but legion was hinted all over mop with wrathion and the pandas talking about it.
    then suddenly wod... that led into legion
    you must be blind to not see the possability of BFA leading into void/old gods...

- - - Updated - - -

Argus has been in lore since BC. If you were new or slow then you wouldn't know that Argus would be in the expansion.
    except most people thought legion would lead into an Argus expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

How can you even reach any conclusions at this point?? I mean atleast let the beta drop ... Jeez!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

7+ Year Old Account
    People were disappointed during beta and even more disappointed during the month of December when most were 100 and had nothing to do except grind appexis crystals and raid or die.
    wrong people were super hyped during beta, the issue came when people loved garrisons so much during beta, and blizzard went all out on the garrisons, when the issue was no one in beta got to max their garrison and then notice there was nothing to do after maxing it...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they can because I just did.
    because most people dont care about your opinion since it is.
    Inaccurate.
    claims to have facts when it doesent
    keeps changing
    is half assed
    does no research
    and misses plain points shoved in your face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    How is a 20 player PVE raid that takes "about as long as a dungeon" going to be anything like Garrisons?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, let's look at Wrath of the Lich King. What were the groundbreaking new features in that?

No new races. Death Knights were just a hero unit in WC3. Northrend was from WC3. Phasing had been used at the end of BC, so that wasn't really new.

Dance studios got scrapped, so it wasn't that...

Oh, right. I know! The Argent Tournament. We hadn't had jousting before, that was totally new. Great feature.

New features don't make or break an expansion. It's just a matter of how compelling the content is.
    dont forget "aerial pvp combat" that was even published on the wotlk box but STILL isnt in the game to this day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i get the vibe that i know how you have over 5k posts in 1 year....

- - - Updated - - -

as soon as sitting in a warfront all day instead of doing anything in game is a thing, i will agree with you.
    Sometimes i feel like they are the anti me.
    2 years allmost 10k posts.
    i mostly speak positive of the game because i dont wanna bother people with all the shit i hate about the game or find bullshit (when i do its rare and i do it all at once usually)
    and they just seem to allways have the negative opinion "this is shit, that is shit, i did no research, all of this is shit and yall who like it are shit"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-11-14 at 10:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Warfronts look pretty fucking stupid from what I know about them but that's the only thing I can fault with the expansion so far. hell they'll probably change them tones anyway
    Remember that MoP scenario released after some patch?
    Called "A Little Patience"
    There were obviously things to click on, and things to kill but aside from that nobody knew what the hell to do. There was a timer and a progress bar, and maybe even an afk person. Nobody talked, they just wanted to get the shit over with. That's how I imagine Warfronts so far.

"Guys, guys, guys...

I'm getting bad vibes. Okay, so here's muh feelings, m'kay? Maybe it's that time of the month for me, but something tells me, this expansion that I haven't even played yet or hardly know anything about is gonna be bad, m'kay? So hear me out, m'kay? Bad vibes. BfA is hurr durr WoD 2.0, I feels it in my bones, and I trust muh bones. I'm desperate for attention, m'kay?"

Sincerely,
    OP
    AKA Miss Chleo

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’d much rather they let the void die instead the space stuff is the worse thing they have done in all of wow.

- - - Updated - - -

What have we heard after blizzcon that you think is worse?
    Removal of T-Sets for example: allows blizzard more lazyness, since they now can create 1 cloth-set, 1 leather-set, 1 heavy-armor-set and 1 plate-set. Maybe not in the first raid, but in the ones after. They only need to release some marketing-blabla and the white knights will raise their flag.

Yes, it looks more and more and more and more like a filler. At least for WoD i was exited, but this expansion is already lame from the beginning, and it seems it gets worse and worse.

Will it be WoD 2.0? I'm personally afraid that this expansion will be actually so much worse, that you don't even want to mention WoD with this expansion. As WoD removed cata from it's spot as the worst expansion, BfA might remove WoD from it's place.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-11-15 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    its not a pvp lazy xpack
    but singleplayer RTS + "invasion points" ie island attacks are dangerously close to a filler xpack i agree
    What makes it clear that this is a filler expansion is the direction the art department is taking. No new class themed tier sets along with these other elements? Sounds exactly like the same exact stinky Garrison smell when they started saying we couldn't relocate them to other zones.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

BfA has some really weird design choices. The feature-less approach of BfA on top makes me feel it's going to be WoD (instead of the amazing MoP) and Blizzard deserves all the fallout that's coming.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah it'll be Cata 2.0 if it's going to be anything, I'm praying it'll feel more like Mists 2.0 but thematically it's going to have to work really REALLY hard to come close to legion, you can't beat world ending disasters from ancient corrupted space gods.

But I feel their sting from WoD is still too fresh.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

OP is mad his gay ass pedo tumblr fanfic about Anduin and Wrathion making gay lovers isn't going to make it, so obviously it's gonna be the worst expac ever, am I right. Lol.