Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Right ... so what if for example some leather set looks a bit better than average Rogue set, how does that help Monk/Druid/Demon Hunter who have nothing in common with rogues but 'armor type' classification ...

Me for example, I love the Tier 21 Mythic for warriors, but I wouldn't like it on my DK, because it simply doesn't fit.
    This too. Troll and Kul'Tiran armors will never fit my night elf druid.

hyperbole! hyperbole! hyperbole! hyperbole! hyperbole! hyperbole!

..the sky is falling... fire fire fire... We're not even in beta... give it a rest before you start selling your stocks or just put on your tinfoil hat.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    From an artistic standpoint it feels they want to make the armor of this expansion thematically relevant, not to cut down on art assets. IMO it would be like in Legion we had a nightborne-ish armor, and a vrykul one, etc. Armor art that reflects it's context within the lore and game, not forced because of class. For example, DK armors often feel like they don't fit, etc.

So maybe, our cloth armor from Drustvar will be something very witchy and ancient, and for Stormsong Valley perhaps something sea priest-ey.
    ... but that's the point of a class ... Death Knight should look like a Death Knight ...

You have these "raid theme" armors in game, you had quite a few in Legion. You have: ToV ones, you have Chromie scenario ones and you have latest dungeon SoT ones. Take a look at them, this is what you'll get next expansion. This and nothing else.

Right ... so what if for example some leather set looks a bit better than average Rogue set, how does that help Monk/Druid/Demon Hunter who have nothing in common with rogues but 'armor type' classification ...

Me for example, I love the Tier 21 Mythic for warriors, but I wouldn't like it on my DK, because it simply doesn't fit.

I guess Ion put it best:
    If you want that iconic [class] look, there are lots of existing sets out there to transmog to.

In other words, transmog is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    But why focus on the potential, when we can just assume the worst?
    If the last 4 years of this game has shown anything, its that assuming the worst is usually not even as bad as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If the last 4 years of this game has shown anything, its that assuming the worst is usually not even as bad as it can be.
    Disagree.

WoD gave merit to that sort of negative thinking. MoP and Legion sure did not. Legion has surpassed expectations overall at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I guess Ion put it best:

In other words, transmog is your friend.
    Great idea! I'm going to pay to play the game and tmog into stuff that's years old. Awesome, great incentive! Not.

Disagree.

WoD gave merit to that sort of negative thinking. MoP and Legion sure did not.
    Legion totally did. We can agree to disagree, but Legion felt like WoD 2 in all regards except the Garrison.

Great idea! I'm going to pay to play the game and tmog into stuff that's years old. Awesome, great incentive! Not.
    Not my problem. Sorry.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-17 at 12:03 AM.

Legion totally did. We can agree to disagree, but Legion felt like WoD 2 in all regards except the Garrison.
    Haha, funny.

People were cautious at the start, but from Gamescom forward Legion was heavily aimed at showing that WoD wouldn't be the norm moving forward. And as we now know, it wasn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Not my problem. Sorry.
    Nope, it's not. Yet.

It's going to be Blizzard's in a year after BfA releases though.

Lol wat....

Haha, funny.

People were cautious at the start, but from Gamescom forward Legion was heavily aimed at showing that WoD wouldn't be the norm moving forward. And as we now know, it wasn't.
    You're right, WOD didnt become the norm, because WOD just sucked because of lack of content forcing everyone to sit in the garrison all day. Legion actively tried to destroy the game by completely annihilating gear and turning it into a slot machine, forcing you to spend 4 months getting all your legendaries so you could actually start playing your class and endlessly grinding AP for minor, minor increases to your throughput.

WOD also had, by volume, very good raid content. Legion so far has had relatively crap, at best mediocre, raid content; So it's actually worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    You're right, WOD didnt become the norm, because WOD just sucked because of lack of content forcing everyone to sit in the garrison all day. Legion actively tried to destroy the game by completely annihilating gear and turning it into a slot machine, forcing you to spend 4 months getting all your legendaries so you could actually start playing your class and endlessly grinding AP for minor, minor increases to your throughput.

WOD also had, by volume, very good raid content. Legion so far has had relatively crap, at best mediocre, raid content; So it's actually worse.
    All the numbers that count and critical acclaim begs to differ.

Sorry that your feels are not with the game, but to me Legion's been one of the best iterations. Is it perfect? By no means, but the objective amount of effort put into it can't be denied.

And my gear progression hasn't been annihilated with Legion, I still hunt for BiS and optimize. I dislike titanforging, but then again I've never seen anyone in a full set of max titanforged gear and I've gotten lucky with it myself at times.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You are literally in every single thread in the first 1-3 replies, always on the backfoot. Always on the defensive.

Speculation based on info we have:

Positives: Armor sets will follow the theme of the raid/zone they're in.

Negatives: They say there won't be "set bonuses". Then if there is no set bonuses then why make tier sets? Are they making tier sets? Or are we just getting 1 plate set, 1 leather set and 1 cloth set?

I mean, based on pure speculation. On the info we have at hand from the recent Q&A.... It's sounding REALLY negative. It sounds to me like we won't be getting class "tier" sets. Sounds lazy as fuck.
    How nice of you to notice me.
    Of course it's going to sound negative to someone that I've never seen be anything BUT negative.
    Could've sworn I put you on ignore ages ago... Rectifying that as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Someone needs to do the math, but what we apparently known from BfA:

6 zones, each zone will have a specific set per type of armor. So, 6 cloth sets.
    Then, 2 raids at the first tier, wich means 2 cloth sets.
    Total: 8 sets (not counting recolors)

In Legion, we got 3 cloth raid sets in the first tier.
    1 set for leveling, 1 for blue, and 1 for epic. I may be mistaken.
    Total: 6 sets.

Is this right? Maybe not. But this "no more raid mog sets per class" in the raid is lazy.
    Edit: nvm, I didn't read your entire post.

So far in the BfA demo I've seen nothing worth gasping over except the heritage armor. The quest and dungeon armor looks like the same flat stuff we've had since MoP, where it's 3D helm, shoulderpads and belt buckle. Of course this can all change, but it seems like a net loss, and the reasoning is also pretty misguided. How do you mean Old God Paladin set? It didn't stop you from making Paladin T8.

I don't really see how players gain from this. At all. T21 had all those 3D assets, just look at rogue T21, and those were a set per class.

I'm not a big fan of zone-inspired sets. We're the heroes of Azeroth. I hated expansions that dress us up like the villains. Like all that Twilight Cultist gear in Cata. Overall I loved the Legion approach, with sets aimed at the class fantasy.

But I don't think we can assume that Blizzard will be reducing the effort they put into sets. If they want the look of armor to fit the source, obviously PvP will have its own sets again. The two raids in tier 1 will have different sets. And it also sounds like they want to have your Azerite armor pieces to become more impressive looking as they get charged, which is also more work. Plus, we get weapons again.

Another thing. If you're talking about those cool 3D pieces, why would you assume people would rather get a bunch of troll raid gear with 3D pieces that will feel outdated after BfA because of its themes, than a set of glorious paladin armor in full 3D? Or a fully modeled Death Knight set?

The only way I can even consider it being a gain for players over Legion armor is if it's truly fully modeled. Custom chestplate, legplates, 3D gloves, etc.

They also said that this opens up for more exhaustive work being put into gear models from other sources than just raiding.

But why focus on the potential, when we can just assume the worst?
    Assuming the worst is the theme of MMOC right now, look at the classic boards if you don't believe.

It's clear that Blizzard is Satan and only serves to steal our souls. Clearly.