Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Who says they don't? Also, rare life time experience. Also, who cares?

Also....just to be a dick here.... how dare you judge their culture. You should be more sensitive and culturally woke and accepting. Talk about some privlegde.
    You know why it's a rare lifetime experience? Because all the aspiring big game hunters killed off most of the elephants already and there aren't that many left, so it's probably a good idea to try not to kill off the few remaining ones too. And before you say anything about them only killing old and sick animals and the whole system benefiting conservation as a whole, it's fucking Africa, is there any system in Africa that actually works the way it's supposed to? Besides, if you want to feel big and strong like your alpha mammoth hunting ancestors, why not leave your gun at home and do it the old fashioned way?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    No actually the ban was because those countries did not provide proper documentation or show that the money was doing what they said it was. There is no wide ban you can still do this in other parts of Africa, it's just that these two countries are very suspect especially considering one of them is in the middle of a coup right now.
    Is it a coup coup or a ciacoup?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    You know why it's a rare lifetime experience? Because all the aspiring big game hunters killed off most of the elephants already and there aren't that many left, so it's probably a good idea to try not to kill off the few remaining ones too. And before you say anything about them only killing old and sick animals and the whole system benefiting conservation as a whole, it's fucking Africa, is there any system in Africa that actually works the way it's supposed to? Besides, if you want to feel big and strong like your alpha mammoth hunting ancestors, why not leave your gun at home and do it the old fashioned way?
    Are you trying to say that the countries in Africa are some how broken or lesser than western countries? That's xenophobic and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Is it a coup coup or a ciacoup?
    Regardless the ban is justified until these countries get their shit together, there is no evidence that they have reformed the process.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT hypocrites who love bacon and/or use animal products (computer) and crying a river over elephants overseas they haven't seen even pictures of.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

While this is despicable it is also just a tiny part of a much bigger problem. The ban only applied to Zimbabwe and Zambia. So if you really wanted to go trophy hunting for elephant trophies, there was nothing in the law preventing you from going to anywhere but those 2 countries.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Elephants are endangered
    The truth is in places where they are protected effectively they are an absolute menace and need to be culled often.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Elephants are pretty intelligent animals too. They say they may be self aware and are possibly as intelligent as dolphins and whales. Cruel to hunt animals with that much intelligence. They bury their dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    The truth is in places where they are protected effectively they are an absolute menace and need to be culled often.
    The old bulls need to be culled for breeding purpose but there no more menacing than a lot of other species that are on the list. Do you think that only puppies and cute animals need to be on the endangered species list?

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    who the hell cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The old bulls need to be culled for breeding purpose but there no more menacing than a lot of other species that are on the list. Do you think that only puppies and cute animals need to be on the endangered species list?
    No, when they have restricted ranges they overpopulate surprisingly quickly.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    ITT hypocrites who love bacon and/or use animal products (computer) and crying a river over elephants overseas they haven't seen even pictures of.
    Elephants are self-aware and one of the most cognitively and emotionally complex families on Earth comparable to the cetaceans and hominids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, if you don't like it move to another country, more elephant steaks and elephant burgers for me.

<<<< Also sport hunter here. I love it!
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2017-11-18 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    where else but US
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    where else but US

Hopefully every country follows suit especially Sweden. They should get domesticated so we don't have to worry about driving to extinction which is very unlikely to happen. Give them their own ranch here in southern us so we can hunt them

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Elephants have been known to attack villages after large culls and poaching, leading many researchers to believe that they do this in retaliation. It sounds like a stretch, but elephants actually do have great memories and can recognize an elephant or human after decades of separation.

They're also one of the few animals capable of developing PTSD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Elephants are self-aware and one of the most cognitively and emotionally complex families on Earth comparable to the cetaceans and hominids.
    They're not humans, they're fucking animals, so who who the hell cares? really.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2017-11-18 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Hopefully every country follows suit especially Sweden. They should get domesticated so we don't have to worry about driving to extinction which is very unlikely to happen. Give them their own ranch here in southern us so we can hunt them
    Domesticating an elephant is equivalent to trying to domesticate a human. Imagine waiting two years for just one calf to be born and then waiting another fourteen years for the elephants to grow to adulthood.

If you're interesting in the prospect of rewilding however, it's possible that a managed herd of elephants could be introduced to an area in Central or Southern Europe to act as an ecological proxy to the extinct straight-tusked elephant. In this case though I doubt they would allow the elephants to be hunted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    They're not humans, they're fucking animals, so who who the hell cares? really.
    Such a great, solid argument.

/s

Elephants are animals, as are humans. Subspecies sapiens, species sapiens, genus Homo, in the Hominidae family, the family we share with the genus Pan (chimpanzees and bonobos), the genus Gorilla (Western and Eastern Gorillas) and the genus Pongo (Borneo and Sumatran orangutans).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    why when these people shoot and kill animals it's a trophy and something "impressive".

but when you hire a hitman and he cut's off someone's head it's illegal and people want you in jail for life? why can't i have some nice human heads on my wall? after all humans are the biggest prey top of the food chain so nothing is more impressive to kill than another human.
    In civilized society you can only kill and mutilate things that are sanctioned by law. Because some of the people in power enjoy killing and mutilating certain things - like large, rare animals - these are (in the literal sense) "fair game". For humans the thing is sketchy, because allowing everyone to kill and mutilate anyone else is super bad for business - therefor the law mandates that only special representatives, such as soldiers and policemen, may kill and mutilate, and even then only selected hand-picked targets are fair game. So your best bet is to join the police or the army and wait for the opportunity to kill yourselfs some brown people. If you're good at it you can later write a best-selling book and have a film made about your hunting prowess ("American Sniper"). Happy hunting <3

Elephants have been known to attack villages after large culls and poaching, leading many researchers to believe that they do this in retaliation. It sounds like a stretch, but elephants actually do have great memories and can recognize an elephant or human after decades of separation.

They're also one of the few animals capable of developing PTSD.
    If they start attacking helicopters then I will agree. Attacking villages probably has a lot more to do with the villagers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Domesticating an elephant is equivalent to trying to domesticate a human. Imagine waiting two years for just one calf to be born and then waiting another fourteen years for the elephants to grow to adulthood.

If you're interesting in the prospect of rewilding however, it's possible that a managed herd of elephants could be introduced to an area in Central or Southern Europe to act as an ecological proxy to the extinct straight-tusked elephant. In this case though I doubt they would allow the elephants to be hunted.

- - - Updated - - -

Such a great, solid argument.

/s

Elephants are animals, as are humans. Subspecies sapiens, species sapiens, genus Homo, in the Hominidae family, the family we share with the genus Pan (chimpanzees and bonobos), the genus Gorilla (Western and Eastern Gorillas) and the genus Pongo (Borneo and Sumatran orangutans).
    No we're above that we are specifically designed to rule the earth as our creator intended. Elephants aren't human so it makes no sense.

Infracted - Don't derail with Religious topics
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-11-18 at 07:15 PM.