Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's because girls are taught to be suspicious of any man they don't know. Most guys would take the compliment and be happy, even if it was from an ugly chick. Men aren't allowed to show attraction to random women anymore, according to some people, unless they're either good looking or rich of course.

This really only applies to a minority of people though. I think most people would just say thank you and move on, not cause a big stink. If the person was persistent though, that can justifiably cause a negative reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The right to compliment? Everybody has the right to do that.

You think when a girl walks up to a guy and says "hey I think you're cute" you're gonna see any bitchy behaviour from the guy? So what you are saying is guys think they have the right to make compliments, while really only women have that right?
    Well you have the right to compliment, but they also have the right to shut your ass down and be hostile towards it, especially if you are in a place of employment or professional setting, which is why I asked where you say these things.

As for what would happen if girls walked up to guys is kind of irrelevant, as irrelevant as me saying that same shit to YOU in the bathroom. It is the wrong time, it is the wrong place, and you probably don't fucking appreciate it no matter how much of a compliment I mean it.

Get it?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Yes, I have met a lot of people irl.

Saying "hi, I saw you standing there and I thought you were really cute, I just had to come over and say hi, my name is ..." while trying to shake some randoms hand on the street is cringe.
    I have shaked many hands and kissed many cheeks of girls I knew for less than 10 minutes. All went fine. Only one girl rejected my kiss on the cheeks and she said it was cause she had a boyfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can save the criticism, but why save the compliments lol
    Criticism is negative, compliments are positive.
    You don't have to save anything, but your question was to why women react the way they do, and My response is if this is in the wrong context, placement or setting, then it's because it is inappropriate and they didn't ask.

Similarly nobody should be doing the same to you either, say calling you an asshole or giving you a bunch of criticisms OR compliments that have nothing to do with what you are supposed to be doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Whether we like it or not, there's a difference in how men and women are treated, and how we treat ourselves. I've been told by random women that they think I look great in a business suit. (I wear them daily for work.) Random chicks off the street. Not cringeworthy.

For women, if a random guy said something similar, the guy would be called a creep. Because guys tend to have ulterior movies behind it. I'm betting that the women are thinking "If I respond positively, that would be a sign for the guy to press further."
    What you say is true, of course. But no excuse to act rudely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always say that.
    Yes and while as I said it is fine, you clearly have women in here telling you it isn't, hell in any situation which I find ridiculous, but I would take anything they say or anyone else HERE with a grain of salt.

Anduin you crack me the fuck up, I don't have any problem with you per say, I find your honesty disturbing but refreshing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    Shocking news, but not everyone at a bar or club is there to "meet people". Some of them just want a drink and some time to relax.
    So it is never ok to talk to people? Oh, ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Well, one good exercise i recommend if you are a straight guy, is to imagine receiving those same compliments from a big, burly, gay man that you don't know, eyeing you head to toe, in full leather gear. If you're uncomfortable, maybe keep those compliments to yourself.
    I'd say thanks and keep moving. If he followed me, I'd eventually headbutt him. I have been hit on by gay men before. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it is never ok to talk to people? Oh, ok.
    You can talk to people without sharing everything all at once everywhere, I am just saying be aware of your surroundings. Or don't shit, live your life, but if you wonder why you are getting women being rude now you know, whether you agree or anybody else does.

You got some information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    He doesn't even introduce himself, he walks by says "just wanted to say you're cute" and leaves. That's just creepy.
    So just making a compliment without hitting on them is creepy, too? This gets better and better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Where did you do this, not criticizing you but that really is an important detail.

I mean if I walked up to you in the Men's room and said hi I just wanted to say, you look really cute, have a nice day" It be inappropriate gay or straight, male or female.

Meaning if this is at an office, professional setting or work, then yeah as I said you will get that reaction.
    On the street and in shops so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It goes well beyond that. What some think is a compliment others will take as an insult
    That makes no sense. "You're cute" is always a compliment. There is no possible way to see that as an insult.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always say that.
    Saying that is not enough. You also need to wait and see if they are ok with you continuing speaking to them.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

So just making a compliment without hitting on them is creepy, too? This gets better and better.
    You don't say someone is cute without any intentions to take it further(I know there's a word for this in english but I can't remember what it is).

Don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to be the Hero we need eh? LOL Well pace yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Say a guy sees a girl walking down the street and tells her she has nice tits
    What a retarded comparison. Of course you don't say that. That has a very low chance of success and can be seen as sexual harassment.

Of course a friend of mine had success with that once. Walked up to a fat girl and told her she has "ganz schön viel Holz vor der Hütten" which roughly translates to "pretty well endowed up there". She wanted to take him home to fuck and he immediately regretted it.

Yes, it can be. People on the street usually just go from point a to point b, they just want to go about their business. Random strangers giving you a compliment out of thin air is a bit creeper-esque to some people. Same with grocery shopping. People just want to get their shit over with for the most part.

Men are as standard seen as the ones more typically approaching others, while women either deflect or go along with things, and many people have ulterior motives, like PUA's for example, so women (mostly) tend to be more suspicious than a man would be in the same situation because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You don't say someone is cute without any intentions to take it further(I know there's a word for this in english but I can't remember what it is).
    Fine you are not cute you are beautiful, and I have ZERO intentions of taking that any further, because I hate your personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Don't do that.
    Honestly if you were single I think you and Anduin would make a nice couple. You would do each other good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Yes, it is cringe. You don't walk up to people and start out by saying you think they're really cute and that you had to come over to say hi and then try to shake their hand.
    Ok. You just keep saying that you don't do that. You didn't actually explain why.

Fine you are not cute you are beautiful, and I have ZERO intentions of taking that any further, because I hate your personality.

Honestly if you were single I think you and Anduin would make a nice couple. You would do each other good.
    No, we wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    This explains a lot about you as a poster and as a person.
    Yup

Proves he is human and makes mistakes like everyone else on here, including the people in glasshouses
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Deleted
    can be seen as sexual harassment.
    WTF dude, it IS sexual harassment...

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Saying that is not enough. You also need to wait and see if they are ok with you continuing speaking to them.
    But that would go against the PUA creed of 'asserting dominance' like a true alpha male.