Do you think Halo 6 could be a "Shared World Shooter"

The submmo genre is really big these days with the Division having strong initial sales and Destiny obviously being a giant. Anthem is on it's way delivering a similar format, and with many players feeling uninterested with the Halo formula I can see them taking a similar approach, kind of blending the PVP style of Halo with a (hopefully) better version of the Destiny PvE. Halo 5 had Warfront bosses and they were pretty fun if simple.

So, It is something I could see happening and I was wondering what you guys would think if they announced Halo 6 and it took this new approach.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Halo already changed a lot and the backlash was huge while halo wars 2 was ridiculously praised for its return to the bungie art style. With every other exclusive ip floundering i doubt Microsoft wants to experiment with their former cash cow at all and will double down on 'a return to what made it good' and make a halo reach clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah. id rather it not

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The submmo genre is really big these days with the Division having strong initial sales and Destiny obviously being a giant. Anthem is on it's way delivering a similar format, and with many players feeling uninterested with the Halo formula I can see them taking a similar approach, kind of blending the PVP style of Halo with a (hopefully) better version of the Destiny PvE. Halo 5 had Warfront bosses and they were pretty fun if simple.

So, It is something I could see happening and I was wondering what you guys would think if they announced Halo 6 and it took this new approach.
    halo 5's warzone was just somthing that appease the casual fanbase. I still never stepped into it except to use up req bonus. Halo 6 just needs more arena and less relying on forge for maps.

I doubt 343 produces anything worthwhile. Halo 5 is well over 100gb on the Xbox One atm because they can't even compress audio files. Thankfully the Xbox team is giving developers the ability to allow people to download only multiplayer or single player or 4k texture packs separately in the future. The aiming has been patched in that game at least 3 times and its still weird compared to every other shooter on console ever. MCC is still broken. Halo 4 still sucks. The only thing they ever did right was giving an option to remove bloom from the DMR in Reach right when they took over when bungie left. Hopefully they continue to follow the console FPS trend years late with a return to a classic style since BF1 and CoD WW2 are both doing extremely well with that style of marketing. Halo has done nothing but decline after departing from the gameplay style of the original trilogy.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-11-19 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I doubt 343 produces anything worthwhile. Halo 5 is well over 100gb on the Xbox One atm because they can't even compress audio files. Thankfully the Xbox team is giving developers the ability to allow people to download only multiplayer or single player or 4k texture packs separately in the future. The aiming has been patched in that game at least 3 times and its still weird compared to every other shooter on console ever. MCC is still broken. Halo 4 still sucks. The only thing they ever did right was giving an option to remove bloom from the DMR in Reach right when they took over when bungie left. Hopefully they continue to follow the console FPS trend years late with a return to a classic style since BF1 and CoD WW2 are both doing extremely well with that style of marketing. Halo has done nothing but decline after departing from the gameplay style of the original trilogy.
    Why people bitch about hard drive space when externals are so cheap and easy to use for xbox is beyond me. Do your self a favor, bestbuy has a external 4tb for 79$ on black friday, go get one and stop complaining about size ffs, its not been a valid argument for some time. The aiming feels perfectly fine compared to other shooters on the console and iv been playing it since day one. MCC has some problems but is more than playable and is more of a result of smashing 3 generations of games into one and MS forcing them to use a untested MM system for that game. 4 was just shit. Halo 5s arena is the closest we have goten to halo 2 pure MM since halo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why people bitch about hard drive space when externals are so cheap and easy to use for xbox is beyond me. Do your self a favor, bestbuy has a external 4tb for 79$ on black friday, go get one and stop complaining about size ffs, its not been a valid argument for some time. The aiming feels perfectly fine compared to other shooters on the console and iv been playing it since day one. MCC has some problems but is more than playable and is more of a result of smashing 3 generations of games into one and MS forcing them to use a untested MM system for that game. 4 was just shit. Halo 5s arena is the closest we have goten to halo 2 pure MM since halo 2.
    Its not entirely just complaining about the size its just the simple fact that they have that many uncompressed audio files (in other languages) that aren't even used once you select yours. As for the rest? Sure the aiming is fine that's totally why they keep attempting to fix it . You're also right about MCC its completely playable that's why 343 themselves admitted it was broken and how bad they feel about it when they announced they're going to try to fix it going forward. Again. I'm all for opinions and stuff but lol
    https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/commen...0z&sh=af95fe95

You'll notice that he goes on to say the game is stable for "most" but somehow its still bad enough to get their attention and have an entire team dedicated to going back and actually making it work the way it was supposed to. It gets awkward when people try to say its fine when many players say its not and even the developers want to go back and right the wrongs with the game.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2017-11-19 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Its not entirely just complaining about the size its just the simple fact that they have that many uncompressed audio files. As for the rest? Sure its fine that's totally why they keep attempting to fix it. You're also right about MCC its completely playable that's why 343 themselves admitted it was broken and how bad they feel about it when they announced they're going to try to fix it going forward. Again. I'm all for opinions and stuff but lol
    https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/commen...0z&sh=af95fe95

You'll notice that he goes on to say the game is stable for "most" but somehow its still bad enough to get their attention and have an entire team dedicated to going back and actually making it work the way it was supposed to
    iv been able to do matchs in MCC and play all the singleplayer without issues, cant be to broken. And im well aware of thier post about fixing it, i also know its nowhere near as broken as is exclaimed. It had a shit launch and mostly due to that bs new MM system that they were forced to us as admited by employs of 343.

Halo 2 had a title update, halo 3 had a title update. I guess they were all broken before that as well.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2017-11-19 at 04:27 AM.