15+ Year Old Account

Looking for a survival game I can play with y kids, suggestions

Looking to get into a survival game with my kids. They've played minecraft, starbound and terraria to death. Needing something else, one that I'll also play with them. At first I was thinking Ark, but I'm not sure that will be "easy" enough for my 6 year old. PLus it's like $60 now, so buying 3 of those, is a little pricey. I've tried Don't starve, but I personally dont' want to play that.

Anyways, just looking for suggestions.

Thanks.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Five Nights at Freddy's.

Resident Evil 7 VR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Five Nights at Freddy's.

Resident Evil 7 VR.
    Hahaha, my wife would kill me.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Hahaha, my wife would kill me.
    It'll toughen them up.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Get them Rust.

I've been a fan of Project Zomboid for a while, but I don't think that's suitable for a 6 yr old. The ones you've listed are the games I'd list off the top of my head. I know Stardew Valley is working on some sort of multiplayer patch, so you may want to keep an eye on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Starve Together.

Edit: neeeevermind, saw you've already tried.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Unturned is pretty fun, and it's been getting constant updates. Creativerse isn't terrible, but it does have some shady microtransaction stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thanks all, I have all I need I think for us to decide. Much appreciated. I have Thanksgiving break this week and Christmas break 2 weeks after that. So I just wanted to have something we could all do together in the evenings.
    my SWTOR referal link:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Five Nights at Freddy's.
    I know someone's kid that is around 8 that plays this game without any issues.

Why not just play world of war craft...survival games have very little replay value ...or league of Legends etc ?

Deleted
    Conan Exiles is really beautiful, and a lot of fun if you like building. However, it is in early access, has a number of bugs, the servers do crash every now and then, your client will crash every now and then, and if you'd play it with a six-year-old, make sure you've got the "no nudity" -setting on.

There are some animals that are a bit difficult, but I mean, if you stick to the starting areas, you'd be fine. Also, if you'd run it on your PC, you have the admin tools you can use to give the character levels and gear to make stuff easier. PC single player also has several difficulty level choices.

The video in the beginning, as well as the very start of it might be a bit too violent for a young child, but if you'd start the game and run north, there's really not too much violence in the form of bodies or anything like that. There are human NPCs, and they will attack you, but only if you go near their camps. I would say that for base building, and releasing your inner architect, it would definitely be one of the better ones. I'm almost 800 hours into it now since February, and currently I can play just fine through the entire day without crashing, although my client does disconnect every now and then (like, once per day on average, some days it doesn't do that), and the server may crash.

As a whole, you can basically play the game with the only violence being animals killing other animals and you killing animals, so as far as violence goes, it's much less violent than some other games. Starbound has plenty of animal killing, although it's a side scroller and the animals are aliens; Conan does have relatively life-like fauna. I can't say whether it's a game I would let a 6-year-old play, as I don't have a 6-year-old, but I mean, you can check out videos and stuff about it. And, if you do, check out videos and images about all the bases and villages people have built. Just remember the caveats about it being in early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    survival games have very little replay value
    Umm... That's what survival games are actually all about; replayability. Survival games have server wipes, and with some early access ones, new patches with new content come, and you'll need to start over anyway. To say survival games have no replay value is completely bonkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    DayZ

yes, it still exists
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Actually I thought of a game you and your kids my like but it's mobile ( which has pc workarounds) ...a great game is crashlands and appropriate for the kids