Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.12.1 is too easy, sorry I want a refund.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

If you really want to state your opinion about how classic should be, then please go on to the thread I made and fill the survey that was made on reddit.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lassic-survey!.

What about the gates of AQ? They start open or closed? Wouldn't it be weird to have them open on a server where everyone's starting from level 1 - that means probably only the first power levellers will get a chance to open the gates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Meh those estimates are probably closer then what Blizzard would come up with themselves. Blizzard wont be paying people to comb through classic vanilla WoW videos for months who actually know what they are looking at. That is assuming Blizzard was not full of shit when they said they are missing much of the original data. Seriously Blizzard have given these guys the royal treatment. They did not fly them over just to save face over a bit of bad PR. These guys surprised and impressed many people at Blizzard and they have already said they will be consulting the Nost team. Get over it.
    They are not closer, because a fuck ton of them originates from TBC and are completely wrong, just like pretty much every droprate on Mangos based servers are wrong. Blizzard themselves have all the values and even if they didn't they wouldn't turn to a 3rd party hack in order to get reliable information.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    -Patch 1.12.2 - The last patch before BC
    So the AQ war effort would be available from day 1? That seems...out of place.

15+ Year Old Account
    AoE loot is the bare minimum to retain sanity in 2017.
    I wouldn't mind wand levelling my priestess in discipline spec as I did back then, but give me AoE loot.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    -Patch 1.12.2 - The last patch before BC

-No QoL additions

-No Class balance changes

-Only bug fixes

-[U]Nothing else

-Preserve that patch exactly as it was. No additions. No subtractions.
    Why don't preserve all the vanilla just like it was... mantaining even the patch cicle starting from Patch 1.1: World of Warcraft to Patch 1.12: Drums of War?

Starting from the last patch is like a "cheat": you cant even pretend to play "vanilla" if you totally skip 2 years of WoW, its like starting to play in August 2006 instead of 2004...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Did we really need another thread about this?

QoL changes, updates etc are being requested mainly by the nostralius crowd.

There is no "life-span". Its a classic server locked in this patch. take it or leave it.
    Says who? You? I think you'll find that you don't make the decisions when it comes what state Classic will be launched.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    People arguing at what patch of classic the game should be.

Finally a discussion worth having. Personally, I didn't know that 1.12 was TBC pre-patch. Maybe we could get it one patch before that?
    It wasn't. 2.0 were the pre-patch.

1.12.2 is basically TBC already. 1.12 in general has introduced a lot of changed that were meant to prepare WoW to TBC. Not sure why people think about it as some ideal Classic version when it was basically unfinished TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    AoE loot is the bare minimum to retain sanity in 2017.
    I wouldn't mind wand levelling my priestess in discipline spec as I did back then, but give me AoE loot.
    If you think you need aoe looting, especially with a wand priest, you are in for a surprise.

Aoe looting basically benefits 2 specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    1.12 already balance changed 1.0 Vanilla though. You can't advocate a later patch and want no class balance changes. That's not Vanilla.
    Exactly - I don't get why so few people are understanding this.

Most likely because private server have a history of launching with 1.12.1 talents and people crushing through the first tiers but this is actually not what "blizzlike" vanilla was like. It's especially funny because most of the purist "I want vanilla with no changes" guys are advocating for a 1.12.1 talent release and no other changes to the game. It's like the private server guy who never played vanilla back in the day wants his blizzlike private server version oO.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomar View Post
    - ONE server, no realmhopping in pve
    One server with 1.000.000 or more guys on release and no phasing? Seems like a brilliant idea :>. No offense but this isn't possible at all, not from a technical standpoint and ofc not from a playing standpoint.
    Last edited by mmoc8bdf3d685b; 2017-11-21 at 10:17 AM.

The question is how well did Blizzard maintained their patches. Ideally they would have a good versioning system for both the code and the database, that could allow them to apply a patch and rollback with a simple command. I doubt there's something like that, but it would be great. On the other hand, if they did something like change it and forget it, there's no way they can do a patch cycle. Even if they try something from patch notes, that would not be authentic and it will also be very very resource intensive...

15+ Year Old Account
    Not this crap again.
    The only sensible option is to roll out something based on 1.12.1 and stagger the content (optionally retune them to offset the power creep coming from 1.12 talents and quest gear)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea. There was catch-up gear added during recent patches which made loot from first raids obsolete. Game should be reworked to allow smooth progress for all raids, not just ding 60 and hop onto Naxx.

Deleted
    No. 1.12 is a joke. It's too easy. It's basically like raiding WoD with legion talents. Or raiding Legion with BfA talents.
    Optimally the servers should be in a 1.7 state with bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    where would be the incentive to gear for t0.5 when you can have ZG gear?

also: you cannot make a build and have little checkboxes for everything you want fixed, incorporated or even functioning. you cannot, as a developer, just say that you want 1.12.2 without QoL changes already made in vanilla, forego class changes but keep bugfixes (some class changes were bugfixes, how do you want to proceed now?) with another checkbox someone prepared for you and then release that to the public. it is a little bit more complicated than that.

and you really want to start with an early patch like maraudon or battlegrounds to give people a few things they know and progress your classic server from there on. having a 1.12.2 server with naxx open from the get go would be pretty terrible..
    technically if you just take a group of like 30 decent raiders and have them level and gear in classic you wont even need T0.5 to kill shit

i want you guys to get vanilla as it was no matter the start patch as long as it is a patch from vanilla