Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    It's definitely not more convenient. You can get your vitamins and protein from other sources sure but you'll be eating a lot of beans.

What pisses me off is when people say meat is unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Why would I care about other people's judgement about me happily living my life in a way that doesn't harm others? That would be silly.
    Like I said, you can do what you want. I'm extremely skeptical of the idea that being morbidly obese is actually the path to happiness - it's akin to a junkie saying that heroin makes them happy.

But yeah, you're obviously not required to care that other people think your behavior is degenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm extremely skeptical of the idea that being morbidly obese is actually the path to happiness
    I never claimed it was for anyone but myself. I can't claim to know what will make anyone but myself happy. I am not harming others, so there is no reason for others to take personal offence at my choice of way of life that I am happy with.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-23 at 01:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because I am that one, for the past 25 years. I also clearly stated that doesn't mean one could never get health issues from being fat.

Incorrect. I have no health issues that bother me, and have not had any since becoming fat 25 years ago, therefore I am not taking pain medicine or any other medicine. I clearly stated I would simply take pain medicine instead of ask a doctor to fix me if I started being in pain.
    You are definitely not healthy. You refuse to go see a doctor, because "you have no issues", I explained to you that these issues are sneaky. When you will notice them it will be too late. And this is YOUR choice to let it happen. But don't barge in here and proclaim that being morbidly obese is fine for health.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    nah bro that shit aint nearly identical at all. but enjoy your life, no need to defend it to others.
    Sure, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You are definitely not healthy.
    LOL! You people need to make up your minds! You tell fat people that they need to stop being fat so they don't cause your health insurance to rise, yet here I am telling you that I have not gone to a doctor for 25 years and if I ever do because I am in pain, I will simply take pain medicine instead of doing any costly medical treatment until I die, which means your health insurance is not going to rise because of me being fat, and you people are STILL not satisfied! I am beginning to think you people are just a bunch of control freaks, nothing more. Piss off, I don't care if you think I am not healthy, I care if I am happy. I am. I am not harming you or anyone else with my lifestyle choice, so no, I am not going to do what you want me to do, control freak, so shove your personal self-righteous judgments up your arse, because shaming fat people into doing what you want them to for no other reason then to pretend it makes you look better/superior to others doesn't work on me!
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-23 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    First things first this isn't a thread to bash Veganism nor preach it! I don't want people insulting each other over lifestyle choices, the thread is to discuss Veganism in a civil manner...

So we know a number of people become Vegan for ethical reasons BUT is it really better for your health than Vegetarianism and Meat-Eating?
    As much as I love meat, there's seriously no reason for us to devour this much meat that we do these days.

To all the guys simply stating "no", you're so wrong and it's obviously because you adore your meat, which is understandable.
    There's really no need for all this meat, we didn't eat it in the past either, and there's no reason now. We're doing way less physical work than we used to, and all the wannabe bodybuilders don't need 1000 grams of meat a day either.

Also, with the amount of meat people eat, they get significantly more fat than a Vegan diet would do.
    In the end it's all about a balanced diet, but it's often very black and white - Either you eat tons of meat, or you're too nazi Vegan.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe1241b18; 2017-11-23 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    As much as I love meat, there's seriously no reason for us to devour this much meat that we do these days.

To all the guys simply stating "no", you're so wrong and it's obviously because you adore your meat, which is understandable.
    There's really no need for all this meat, we didn't eat it in the past either, and there's no reason now. We're doing way less physical work than we used to, and all the wannabe bodybuilders don't need 1000 grams of meat a day either.

Also, with the amount of meat people eat, they get significantly more fat than a Vegan diet would do.
    In the end it's all about a balanced diet, but it's often very black and white - Either you eat tons of meat, or you're too nazi Vegan.
    I think if you go and read this thread or any other about vegans/veganism and were completely honest with what you saw, you'd admit the meat eater side is infinitely more nazi like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    No, your body requires protain which you get from meat, so no it's not!
    Beans and nuts and many other things have tons of protein. I'm not pro or anti either but I'm anti bullshit posts like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Technically we're omnivores
    “Behavioral omnivores”—that is, we eat meat, so that defines us as omnivorous. But our evolution and physiology are herbivorous, and ample science proves that when we choose to eat meat, that causes problems, from decreased energy and a need for more sleep up to increased risk for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

LOL! You people need to make up your minds! You tell fat people that they need to stop being fat so they don't cause your health insurance to rise, yet here I am telling you that I have not gone to a doctor for 25 years
    That's not a sign of health, more like a sign of negligence.
    and if I ever do because I am in pain, I will simply take pain medicine instead of doing any costly medical treatment until I die, which means your health insurance is not going to rise because of me being fat, and you people are STILL not satisfied!
    You are the only one mentioning insurance here. I don't give a fuck about insurance. We are not living in the same country even.
    I am beginning to think you people are just a bunch of control freaks, nothing more.
    You came here and said somethign that is either a lie or a product of blissful ignorance, and were called out. That's all that happened here.
    Piss off
    Well, why don't you?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not at all. Humans are omnivores are are intended to eat meat. An all meat diet is actually much better for you than vegenism.

http://www.comby.org/documents/docum...adventures.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    “Behavioral omnivores”—that is, we eat meat, so that defines us as omnivorous. But our evolution and physiology are herbivorous, and ample science proves that when we choose to eat meat, that causes problems, from decreased energy and a need for more sleep up to increased risk for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
    This is contra to actual physical anthropology. There's good evidence (see this layman's article on NPR) that cooking meat is crucially intertwined with the development of human brain size, cognitive ability, and behavioral adaptation.

Also, as a nitpick, there is zero reason to believe that humans are naturally "herbivorous". The best you could plausibly argue for is some sort of low-meat, ovo-vegetarian diet as the prehistoric diet of anatomically modern humans. Humans also independently evolved lactose tolerance as an important nutritional adaptation in various regions within the 10,000 year explosion.

The notion that humans didn't evolve to consume eggs, meat, and (in some regions) milk is ridiculous propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    120g is little less than 1g per 1lb of body weight.
    This happened to be in my feed today: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food...dybuilder-diet

Her main strategy is to make sure she gets enough protein. Her favorite sources include tofu, tempeh, legumes, lentils, protein pasta, veggie burgers, and dark leafy greens. The USDA recommends that a 150-pound woman consume 54 grams of protein daily (and it's recommended to get max two grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight), but during her training season, Natalie packs in double that amount at 110 grams, and she makes sure that 80 percent of her diet consists of whole foods. Even during her off season, she eats a lot. “One of my favorite things about being a vegan athlete is the tremendous volume of food I can eat,” says Natalie. “Plant-based foods are comparatively low in calories so you can fill up your stomach. I always feel healthy, properly fueled, and satisfied.”
    It also lists what she eats in a day (with pictures). That's close to your protein requirement, not sure about calories. Typically you do not have to count calories on a plant-based diet.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Nope, not at all. Humans are omnivores are are intended to eat meat. An all meat diet is actually much better for you than vegenism.

http://www.comby.org/documents/docum...adventures.htm
    Caveat: If you try that, you will need to consume the animal's internal organs, bone marrow, fat, etc. Eating just the muscle meat, as many people in modern society do today, will not suffice.
    Last edited by Feronar; 2017-11-24 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This happened to be in my feed today: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food...dybuilder-diet

It also lists what she eats in a day (with pictures). That's close to your protein requirement, not sure about calories. Typically you do not have to count calories on a plant-based diet.
    Thanks. I'm still skeptical because I have actually tried to math this out before in the past and I still ended up getting most of my protein from protein powders. I'm OK with supplements but not with getting the majority of my protein from supplements. The Instagram meals in the article aren't particularly high protein except for the energy balls.

I'm probably going to try gluten free based on my doctor's suggestions and add it back in and go from there. I honestly don't think I have issues with gluten.

Also I'm about 50/50 serious about giving veganism a go, I've been on and off vegetarian since high school. I've gone on and off the diet for various reasons, some health related.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    An omnivorous diet is also healthy if you do it properly. If it's DONE RIGHT.

Ummm....that's what I said.

Exactly like if you are a vegetarian or if you eat meat.