Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    This is where people 're wrong. Expanding content only would work. What people dislike about expansions are the changes, not the actual content.
    You can't apply this statement to everyone. Some people LOVE the changes. Ask whoever plays the FOTM class/spec.

I think most of the changes along the way have been great. That doesn't make me wrong.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Right, but that challenge isn’t actually fun. I mean, maybe it’s fun for SOME people, but to me, needing 8 geared tanks for one fight in Naxx is not fun, it’s just irritating. Farming basilisks and vultures for hours on end in Blasted Lands is not fun. MCing a mob in LBRS to give 40 people a FR buff after every wipe isn’t fun.
    Well we were not talking about the fun factor were we No one will disagree with you on that one but from a accomplishment/sadisfaction point of vieuw I would take classic over retail for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Naxx is enough to keep an entire server busy for a very long time.

You honestly think that more than 1% will see it again?
    You're not wrong and I wonder; if there are multiple servers, how long will it take to get the gates of AQ open this time, when there will most likely be high attrition & just generally a lot less people contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    What if the Dark Portal reopened and we could go to Outland...
    What if there were... more than one... Dark Portal... and more than one version of the "Outland World... (aka.......... Draenor.........)"???????

OMG WHICH DARK PORTAL?
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    You can't apply this statement to everyone. Some people LOVE the changes. Ask whoever plays the FOTM class/spec.

I think most of the changes along the way have been great. That doesn't make me wrong.
    True and that is and will stay the problem.
    Every classic server I've played on, people would want so many different things that there is just no middle way.
    I advocate my vieuw.

I would love this idea. I think there's a lot of potential for extending Vanilla without purely progressing into current expansion content, like creating a retro expansion that fits the feeling of what Vanilla was like.

There should be a place for small-scale raiding that is considered a major threat to the world, something that doesn't have to involve an entire expansion to explore.

For this content, it should take a Guild Wars style model of offering cosmetic rewards while keeping stats the same. Tie it in with global events if need be.

Would it happen? Probably never, but I like humoring the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Well we were not talking about the fun factor were we No one will disagree with you on that one but from a accomplishment/sadisfaction point of vieuw I would take classic over retail for sure!
    Welp, I guess if you don’t play video games for fun then classic raiding is perfect for you! You would feel more accomplishment from killing a boss where the challenge comes exclusively from having no life than from killing a boss where the challenge comes from executing a complicated fight perfectly?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Welp, I guess if you don’t play video games for fun then classic raiding is perfect for you! You would feel more accomplishment from killing a boss where the challenge comes exclusively from having no life than from killing a boss where the challenge comes from executing a complicated fight perfectly?
    I do but I never felt as satisfied after clearing something like back then.
    Is it wrong to hunger that and still play games for fun?
    I also rarely get frustrated, call me crazy but I laugh at wipes.

I do but I never felt as satisfied after clearing something like back then.
    Is it wrong to hunger that and still play games for fun?
    I also rarely get frustrated, call me crazy but I laugh at wipes.
    It’s weird that you really want to grind mobs to kill really simple bosses.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Right, but that challenge isn’t actually fun. I mean, maybe it’s fun for SOME people, but to me, needing 8 geared tanks for one fight in Naxx is not fun, it’s just irritating. Farming basilisks and vultures for hours on end in Blasted Lands is not fun. MCing a mob in LBRS to give 40 people a FR buff after every wipe isn’t fun.
    well thats part of the classic experience sooo...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I would love to see the outrage from people who only play retail at that time seeing their submoney being spend on patches for a classic server for content that they maybe never play, either they introduce seperate sub fees or charge DLC esque prices for a "Classic Content Patch", or else its gonna be ugly pr work ahead for blizzard.
    Be a bit late for that outrage considering WoW subs have funded other Blizzard endeavors for over a decade now.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I agree, I didn’t want classic back.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I would love this idea. I think there's a lot of potential for extending Vanilla without purely progressing into current expansion content, like creating a retro expansion that fits the feeling of what Vanilla was like.

There should be a place for small-scale raiding that is considered a major threat to the world, something that doesn't have to involve an entire expansion to explore.

For this content, it should take a Guild Wars style model of offering cosmetic rewards while keeping stats the same. Tie it in with global events if need be.

Would it happen? Probably never, but I like humoring the idea.
    Blizzard will most likely just move on to BC after a few years of classic.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I didn’t want classic back.
    Neither did I. I played classic, I did it. I went trough all of that stuff 13 years ago. Not going to bother again, atleast not the same time investment. Will ofc try it out.

You cant really remove the grind(s) from classic. It needs to be there to get that same feeling. If people want fights were complex fight mechanics are in focus, play retail. Cause I 100% agree, you wont find alot of that in classic.

You feel good in retail killing mythic bosses in one way.
    You feel good in classic killing bosses in another way.

The way to killing the bosses are just different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    They have end game content after Naxx already, its called The Burning Crusade...

The thread should have ended right there to trumpets and fireworks. Nothing else needs to be said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacegoatmeep View Post
    I have it on good authority that the Park needs to be as it currently is for the launch of Legion.

As part of the opening event Illidan flys down into Stormwind, points over towards the Park and says "You are not repaired!"

Man these “we want classic servers!!!!” Posts that then want changes are laughable. This is exactly why Blizzard did not want to do this crap.

Blizzard will most likely just move on to BC after a few years of classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither did I. I played classic, I did it. I went trough all of that stuff 13 years ago. Not going to bother again, atleast not the same time investment. Will ofc try it out.

You cant really remove the grind(s) from classic. It needs to be there to get that same feeling. If people want fights were complex fight mechanics are in focus, play retail. Cause I 100% agree, you wont find alot of that in classic.

You feel good in retail killing mythic bosses in one way.
    You feel good in classic killing bosses in another way.

The way to killing the bosses are just different.
    I will definitely play it, just to relive a little bit of nostalgia, but I guarantee I will remember all the things that frustrated the hell out of me about it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Man these “we want classic servers!!!!” Posts that then want changes are laughable. This is exactly why Blizzard did not want to do this crap.
    Careful what you wish for - kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I will definitely play it, just to relive a little bit of nostalgia, but I guarantee I will remember all the things that frustrated the hell out of me about it.
    I actually remember a lot of those things, I also don't follow streamers who were what 10-11 during vanilla who talk about how awesome it was.

Vanilla was awesome if you came from another mmo predating wow, or you have not a fucking clue other than running in circles inspecting people who wasted away in endgame.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Here's how I think it will go down:
    - Classic release: overwhelming success.
    - Classic after 3 months: 80% less then launch, but still overwhelming success
    - Classic after 1 year: people are starting to be done TBC announced
    - Classic after 2 years: people are starting to be done: Wrath announced
    - Classic after 3 years: people are starting to be done: New expansion announced (NOT Cataclysm)

Timings may differ, and some 'museum' Classic servers may be locked at Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, but the progression of the Legacy WoW MMO will evolve Vanilla/TBC/Wrath (no cross realm LFD)/New Content
    So basically you want yet another Retail WoW that is simply running several expansions late, with a weird twist of not including expansions you didn't like.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Naxx is enough to keep an entire server busy for a very long time.

You honestly think that more than 1% will see it again?
    I think I am a way better player than I was in Vanilla and I raided everything in Vanilla...what people don't realize is it was the time sink that was the thing that made or break how good you were in Vanilla...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallonbot View Post
    You guys do realize it's Activision Blizzard now right? And that a lot of the devs from the "vanilla team" split and went to make games such as WildStar? It's cute that so many of you like to daydream and all but you'll be in a for a surprise none the less.
    You would figure with 3.0.2 the writing was on the wall.

I keep going over the possible scenarios and I keep coming up with a game tuned like 3.x in leveling content with possibly multiple raid difficulties.

I don't see how a/b can NOT make Frankenstein servers. To just make classic wow as/was as far as tuning and pacing would violate their design philosophy and core values. I assume they have the helpful people that have homogenized classes ready to help out on class balance, right?

- - - Updated - - -

that was part of classic wow. whether it is going to be part of the 'classic game experience' is a totally different matter.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.