Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    Kugen is too funny in this video but spot on

And what is video of this clown that's desperately trying to be relevant again prove ?

just that he's a clueless imbecile...

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Waiting for @mich4el to respond to this. Confirmed troll if you don't and concede. I mean, we know he is either way due to thinking Vanilla was mechanically hard. Bless his little soul.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-11-25 at 12:42 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    And what is video of this clown that's desperately trying to be relevant again prove ?

just that he's a clueless imbecile...
    A person who guild lead and raid lead several world firsts throughout multiple expansions is a "clueless imbecile"

Perhaps watch the video first

Deleted
    A person who guild lead and raid lead several world firsts throughout multiple expansions is a "clueless imbecile"

Perhaps watch the video first
    I watched many of his videos... one more idiotic than another. In one of the -waste of a youtube upload space- works of his he states that picking up herbs was raiding experience or "Only Vanillllllllla players can spell Legacy out of their bodies"...

Yes he IS clueless idiot... he led world firsts when he has almost no competition

and he comes back to wow when he runs out of money...

And can even remember when LFG was added to the game hence the game is shit from cata onward (because he though it wasn't added in wotlk) that way even wotlk would be shitty...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    Legion is not harder in fact its so easy some players can solo bosses
    OMG people with skill can solo stuff with HERO classes that arent in vanilla. you REALLY start to grasp at straws silly if that is your argument for LYING vanilla is hard.

Fact: Vanilla AINT hard but how would you know as you have NEVER done any current mythic raiding. So go on dreaming Vanilla is hard and start a fckin BLOG where you can write your diary how hard you dream vanilla was....

Im a vanilla purist but how can I not take this opportunity?

Chinese hunter soloing BWL raid boss Ebonroc during real Vanilla.

EDIT:
    I have seen the full video of him actually killing it, this is just a quick clip of how he did it.
    Last edited by Rupenbritz; 2017-11-25 at 12:59 PM.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

hmmmm

vanilla bosses had 2 mechanics each and if half the raid died its not a wipe

current raids have bosses with 4+ and some where one death means a wipe

legion is harder

Deleted

Don't even come telling me Legion is harder until you show me a video where a level 60 solo a raid boss in vanilla

Sure you have more mechanics but those are absurdly easy can be learnt by any monkey via repetition and are required for the bosses deal too little damage and the players have too many strong CDs to answer for every problem that may arise and give you much more room for errors
    Mechanics such as threat/resources(mana/energy/rage) management are completely removed from modern wow and are much more difficult than simple rotation or a boss mechanic which can be just learnt through repetition. threat/resources management actually require you to think and use your brain.

Sure the people ib private servers are clearing raids at fast rate however they have done this over and over for 10 years so they they are all experienced veterans when it come to vanilla raiding however your average mythic raider today will be a complete failure when it come to vanilla raiding
    all these new QOL and abundant CDs/addons allowing you to make all the mistakes in the world have made you decadently weak and less skilled than the average player used to be back in vanilla/privates servers
    You are in for a big shock if you actually think Modern raiding is harder and i am going to have good laugh when vanilla is out
    Your video is worth null and void. DHs and DKs didn't exist back then and none of the other tanks got insane selfhealing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Your video is worth null and void. DHs and DKs didn't exist back then and none of the other tanks got insane selfhealing abilities.
    Well every class has self healing now, I soloed MoP Heroics as rogue during MoP. You can check my youtube (rupenbritz). I have to admit it's gotten easier over the years, there is no way you could solo current content without bug abuse in vanilla.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

That video shows a Normal boss kill. Which is of course possible for a self-heal tank with much higher itemlevel than obtainable within Normal.
    It's still hard to do it, but it's definitely possible.
    Do you see a solo kill of KJ M? No. So. Your point is, of course, null and void.
    Classic lovers don't seem to realize that we have 4 raid difficulties today, when back then it was just one. So if you faceroll the endboss in LFR, that means jack shit, just as it meant jack shit to clear Molten Core (a low difficulty raid) back in the day.

And for dungeons, it's very obvious. Dungeons have never been harder than they are today since the introduction of the M+ system. Before that, all dungeons were a joke. Now, they are a competitive endgame PvE thing to do besides raiding.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2017-11-25 at 01:25 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Well every class has self healing now, I soloed MoP Heroics as rogue during MoP. You can check my youtube (rupenbritz). I have to admit it's gotten easier over the years, there is no way you could solo current content without bug abuse in vanilla.
    You're not soloing "current content" nowadays either. That Gul'dan kill? Overgeared as hell, on lower difficulty and still needed to outlast the berserk in a way that's impossible on other bosses. No one is walking into Antorus and soloing anything. And assuming Mione eventually does so, it will be with months worth of gear, weeks of practice and only on certain bosses that have solo friendly mechanics. Also, it'd probably happen on lower difficulty, so some mechanics won't be present and others won't work with only one player.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Wasn't there also someone who solo'ed Patchwerk through some weird combination of pathing bugs and dots? Or was that Hydross? Either way, what Mione does is an exception, not the rule - plus it only happens while outgearing outdated bosses *and* on lower difficulties. Plus if Blizzard actually cared, they could easily bump Berserk damage multipliers (or duration, in this case)
    Patchwerk was solo'd by a rogue using an item that isn't in the game anymore. It was some type of 'item' you drop on the ground and it actually counts as a target. This allowed the rogue to vanish during the fight but not reset it. I don't remember the details - but I do remember when it happened and was surprised that a rogue could even take more than 1 hit from patchwork... but as it turns out he doesn't get hit with this cheat system. And I remember too because it took him like 30 minutes.

P.S. I think he actually would shadow step back to the 'other target' he dropped.
    Last edited by slime; 2017-11-25 at 01:35 PM.

Don't even come telling me Legion is harder until you show me a video where a level 60 solo a raid boss in vanilla

Sure you have more mechanics but those are absurdly easy can be learnt by any monkey via repetition and are required for the bosses deal too little damage and the players have too many strong CDs to answer for every problem that may arise and give you much more room for errors
    Mechanics such as threat/resources(mana/energy/rage) management are completely removed from modern wow and are much more difficult than simple rotation or a boss mechanic which can be just learnt through repetition. threat/resources management actually require you to think and use your brain.

Sure the people ib private servers are clearing raids at fast rate however they have done this over and over for 10 years so they they are all experienced veterans when it come to vanilla raiding however your average mythic raider today will be a complete failure when it come to vanilla raiding
    all these new QOL and abundant CDs/addons allowing you to make all the mistakes in the world have made you decadently weak and less skilled than the average player used to be back in vanilla/privates servers
    You are in for a big shock if you actually think Modern raiding is harder and i am going to have good laugh when vanilla is out
    I guess you never played vanilla.
    You'll see, in time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Wasn't there also someone who solo'ed Patchwerk through some weird combination of pathing bugs and dots? Or was that Hydross? Either way, what Mione does is an exception, not the rule - plus it only happens while outgearing outdated bosses *and* on lower difficulties. Plus if Blizzard actually cared, they could easily bump Berserk damage multipliers (or duration, in this case)
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Patchwerk was solo'd by a rogue using an item that isn't in the game anymore. It was some type of 'item' you drop on the ground and it actually counts as a target. This allowed the rogue to vanish during the fight but not reset it. I don't remember the details - but I do remember when it happened and was surprised that a rogue could even take more than 1 hit from patchwork... but as it turns out he doesn't get hit with this cheat system. And I remember too because it took him like 30 minutes.
    I believe that was WOTLK Patcherk as shadowstep was not available in Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    That's the reaction I always get when people bring up Vanilla Bosses. Oh wow, 3 full mechanics per boss, so amazing. What made Vanilla 'hard' was the endless grind for flasks and potions and half the raid disconnecting midfight due to the crappy servers.
    Why do you have to grind for flasks if you're constantly disconnecting? So in modern WoW where half the raid won't disconnect you can forget about flasks? Surely they don't bump your DPS to 200%.

You're so far out there and so crazily out of touch with reality that you wont even notice when it hits you in the face. There's no help for folks like yourself. Ridiculous.

I believe that was WOTLK Patcherk as shadowstep was not available in Vanilla
    It definitely was, I didn't play in vanilla

Kugen is too funny in this video but spot on

You know what Blizzard should do, they should overtune every boss and make them drop fuck all loot so progression would take forever and remove all catchup mechanics so if a guild needs to replace a guy it takes forever. Then it'd be super challenging like Vanilla kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Kungen is remarkably naive and can't get rid of the rose-tinted goggles, which is surprising for his age.
    He seems to be obsessed about the low number of guilds (23 in US or so) that cleared Naxx 40.
    If a raid like ToS M would have been in its place back then (with the necessary adjustments to make it compatible with the class capabilities back then), that number would have been quite a bit lower than 23. Also, it's useless to look at absolute numbers. Relative numbers in comparison to amount of players and amount of guilds that even DO raid would be more telling. It should be obvious that there were less players overall playing, and less players raiding overall.
    Also of course he ignores that more players get better over time, meaning the number of players participating in the endgame activities (especially raiding) has increased, not stayed the same as it was back when the game was brand new.
    More modern raids have become harder over time (but always with the addition of optional "easy modes" (LFR up to Heroic)) because increasing player skill and addon capabilities makes this necessary. And the percentile amount of guilds that is able to clear a M raid within a "reasonable" time frame (say, 2-3 months) is always low, and much lower if you narrow down that time frame to a few weeks. If Kungen was right, all clear percentiles would be significantly higher to reflect the game becoming easier. But they are always low, and it never really changes, unless one particular content is out for an extended amount of time (best example: Hellfire Citadel was "current content" for far too long because it took Blizzard too long to release the next expansion). So obviously his point that HFC must have been too easy because > 1000 of guilds managed to clear HFC M after a ridiculous amount of time has passed is a bad example. Narrow the timeframe down to the above examples and very few guilds managed to clear it within that time. As is to be expected with a challenging raid.
    Also, when the discussion gets tough, the last bastion of vanilla defenders is always just "but, but... but... Naxx 40 !!!!!11". If it's just one difficult raid you want, then you don't need all the rest of vanilla that sucked and was imbalanced to the point of being ridiculous.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2017-11-25 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Waiting for @mich4el to respond to this. Confirmed troll if you don't and concede. I mean, we know he is either way due to thinking Vanilla was mechanically hard. Bless his little soul.
    That was a bug that was fixed the exact same night people did that.

It was paladins stacking Reckoning

Everybody knows about that. It was fixed in one day.