Thread: The Blight

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    A chemical weapon that destroys surrounding life, it doesn't care if it's an ally. Why else do people in real life prohibit our governments from using biochemical weapons?
    Because they are uncontainable and spread like a fart across much more than the intended idea? Because they are either gases or just diseases? None of which applies to a liquid weapon that pools around its point of impact? Yes, when it comes to the point of impact, it's going to destroy trees and the like. But same goes to explosive projectiles. And no weapon cares whether the target is an ally or not, because weapons don't think.

It's not something you could just clean and brush off. You had to kill bears and sailors due to its unexpected side effect.
    Other than strong strains like Southshore, which was an accidental overkill, the Forsaken disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its almost as if weapons shouldnt be aimed at your allies !
    Doesn't matter. It works like a gas, and gas disperses to other places (Geiger counter in Hillsbrad).

Biowarfare is also a shoddy way to get things done. And a good way to lose the trust and support of your people. Just like the Moscow theater crisis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because they are uncontainable and spread like a fart across much more than the intended idea? Because they are either gases or just diseases? None of which applies to a liquid weapon that pools around its point of impact? Yes, when it comes to the point of impact, it's going to destroy trees and the like. But same goes to explosive projectiles. And no weapon cares whether the target is an ally or not, because weapons don't think.

Other than strong strains like Southshore, which was an accidental overkill, the Forsaken disagree.
    Stormheim quests weren't in Southshore, they were in Stormheim (Apothecary Withers).

Ignoring the quests I linked, and the fact that Horde and Alliance alike died in Wrathgate by the new plague.
    Kinda forgot about the Stormheim quests, my bad. Still, the Forsaken blamed it on a byproduct and we've seen no other strain of Blight turn people rather than melting them away. At best they are lying about one strain out of many. And I've got a question. Why are you pretending there is no difference between a third party attacking the Horde or the Horde crash-landing with their chemicals on board and the Horde using the Blight offensively in organized manner? Doesn't seem particularly intellectually honest.

Doesn't matter. It works like a gas, and gas disperses to other places (Geiger counter in Hillsbrad).

Biowarfare is also a shoddy way to get things done. And a good way to lose the trust and support of your people. Just like the Moscow theater crisis.
    The Blight is a liquid. The most gaseous properties it expresses is tiny vapors. It's also still not a biological weapon.

Stormheim quests weren't in Southshore, they were in Stormheim (Apothecary Withers).
    I was talking about the cleaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Kinda forgot about the Stormheim quests, my bad. Still, the Forsaken blamed it on a byproduct and we've seen no other strain of Blight turn people rather than melting them away. At best they are lying about one strain out of many. And I've got a question. Why are you pretending there is no difference between a third party attacking the Horde or the Horde crash-landing with their chemicals on board and the Horde using the Blight offensively in organized manner? Doesn't seem particularly intellectually honest.
    Because it's not the Horde that has used the plague. It's the Royal Apothecary Society, under Sylvanas. She has mishandled the plague plenty of times, and it can easily backfire even with organization. Historically, speaking of real events, it has backfired more than enough that Blizzard would draw from that.

There's a reason Garrosh did not want Sylvanas to deploy the plague, he was unhinged but not entirely thick-headed, and he saw the potential collateral damage a volatile superweapon could cause. Unlike the Theramore bomb, hardly comparable to a nuclear weapon, this one can disperse and have side effects. It makes conditions unlivable.

Technically it is a bioweapon. Since a blight is a disease, and it was tested and reproduced with organic matter.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-26 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The Filthy Horde is gonna lose, again, like they do every single time they challenge the might Alliance, so why even bother?!
    We burned Stormwind to the ground, turned Theramore into a crater, and set your stupid tree on fire. But you guys took out Garrosh with only a boatload of Horde help and unsuccesfully took control of Undercity, so I guess it's even.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Nope, I went solo the achievement (almost no pvp involved)

I'm triggering the OP here but shhh
    No surprise that you met hardly any resistance. Horde are mostly cowards and things that should've stayed dead in the first place. And some misguided bulls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    We burned Stormwind to the ground, turned Theramore into a crater, and set your stupid tree on fire. But you guys took out Garrosh with only a boatload of Horde help and unsuccesfully took control of Undercity, so I guess it's even.
    It's even when the horde is no more. So, hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's actually more the fact that players manage to bitch about the blight more than any in-game character does. And as Arrashi said already, the only one who was shown to passionately care about it was Garrosh and he did it for reasons that had shits to do with the weapon itself.
    Inaccurately holding fantasy characters to modern moral standards is this forums favorite pastime. That's why discussions of Sylvanas, the bombing of Theramore, the Blight, and the Purge of Dalaran are always so nuanced and logical.

Technically it is a bioweapon. Since a blight is a disease, and it was tested and reproduced with organic matter.
    The Scourge Plague of Undeath was a disease, the Forsaken Blight is not.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It's even when the horde is no more. So, hopefully soon.
    Then who would force your faction of boring, lawful-good cliches to actually do anything? The Alliance already does almost nothing, but what they actually do is almost always just getting mad at the Horde. Have fun playing a game where a bunch of goody-goody butt-buddies just chat about how much they love each other and how cool the light is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    Inaccurately holding fantasy characters to modern moral standards is this forums favorite pastime. That's why discussions of Sylvanas, the bombing of Theramore, the Blight, and the Purge of Dalaran are always so nuanced and logical.
    Peace has always been a goal for them, however. I mean, it's not like the Pandaren don't exist, and their quotes were for nought.

Like real life, fantasy characters want to get equal with each other. An eye for an eye, revenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    The Scourge Plague of Undeath was a disease, the Forsaken Blight is not.
    We had to kill 10 volatile bears and 10 volatile sailors in Stormheim, transformed (almost indirectly) by the blight. It also doesn't affect Forsaken. Even acids can be bioweapons, their liquid concentration and its proportion to the fumes expelled are a different matter.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-26 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    No surprise that you met hardly any resistance. Horde are mostly cowards and things that should've stayed dead in the first place. And some misguided bulls.
    Or he is on a alliance heavy server, if I had game time I could fly to stormwind and show you how empty cap cities are on certain servers. MUST BE HIDING

We had to kill 10 volatile bears and 10 volatile sailors in Stormheim, transformed by the blight. It also doesn't affect Forsaken. Even acids can be bioweapons, their concentration and fumes are a different matter.
    Acid is a chemical weapon, not a biological weapon, but maybe I'm sticking too closely to real world definitions of biological/chemical weapons which don't apply in Azeroth where magic exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Ignoring the quests I linked, and the fact that Horde and Alliance alike died in Wrathgate by the new plague.
    Ehm...are you somehow aware of the fact that the Wrath Gate event wasn't a tragic fatality but a deliberate betrayal, right?

Also, I would have appreciated the effort of linking the quests for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehm...are you somehow aware of the fact that the Wrath Gate event wasn't a tragic fatality but a deliberate betrayal, right?

Also, I would have appreciated the effort of linking the quests for real.
    Yes, I know it was betrayal, but that's not the point. The poster was asking why other Horde members aren't immune to the blight.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Splintered_Fleet

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Pump_it_Up

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Side...e_Mild_Undeath

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yes, I know it was betrayal, but that's not the point. The poster was asking why other Horde members aren't immune to the blight.

Shocking news, as it turns out, horde members aren't immune to fire from horde mages, swords crafted by horde smiths, and explosives used by goblins. Who knew ? Guess we gotta ban those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

The fact is that no one is immune to the Blight, not even the Forsaken. Which means that Forsaken would have to use it in presence of other races with the same exact mindset they did while using it with no one but themselves around.

P.S. Thanks for the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shocking news, as it turns out, horde members aren't immune to fire from horde mages, swords crafted by horde smiths, and explosives used by goblins. Who knew ? Guess we gotta ban those.
    News to no one. We we're discussing plague fumes and the affect from the spills.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact is that no one is immune to the Blight, not even the Forsaken. Which means that Forsaken would have to use it in presence of other races with the same exact mindset they did while using it with no one but themselves around.

P.S. Thanks for the links.
    That or resort to smaller concentrations, like plague-tipped arrows. Barrels will just splash and disperse whatever unwanted byproduct and transformation quelled by the R.A.S.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring forsaken. And blood elves. And goblins. And given everything we seen in MoP and WoD orcs. And given some of the comments in game trolls.

So your definition applies only to tauren led by bitchboi whos opinion doesn't matter.
    Sure... The opinion of arguably the most powerful race in the horde doesn't matter. If it came to choosing between the Tauren or the Forsaken who do you think the other races would pick. The former members of the scourge who previously plague bombed them or the relatively stable allies who have been around longer. Not to mention any race involved in the Wrathgate incident is gonna be opposed to the deployment of a brutal chemical weapon that can kill them all as well as the land around them.
    And this isnt like droping a fireblast or a pipebomb, its like a highly unstable full blown nuclear warhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Sure... The opinion of arguably the most powerful race in the horde doesn't matter. If it came to choosing between the Tauren or the Forsaken who do you think the other races would pick. The former members of the scourge who previously plague bombed them or the relatively stable allies who have been around longer. Not to mention any race involved in the Wrathgate incident is gonna be opposed to the deployment of a brutal chemical weapon that can kill them all as well as the land around them.
    And this isnt like droping a fireblast or a pipebomb, its like a highly unstable full blown nuclear warhead.
    That given all the quests we use it deals damage in roughly 3x3 meter radius per barrel.

As for tauren vs forsaken (i love how you consider one race "caring" to be super significant), we have a race with biggest or second biggest military in the horde, backed by science and actual victories, vs....fluffy friends who barely did anything, struggle against quilboar and are led by guy without spine.

Yeah, thats a tough choice. And im pretty sure blight would be worth tauren sitting this one on bench.

Deleted
    The Blight never went away. It was in Legion in the Horde Stormheim opening. Yes I imagine it'll be used to add variety into some of the zones. Like say a Kul Tiras town in Strongstrong Valley would be covered in Blight etc