Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Netflix price increase

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Flynn
    Netflix price jumps are here to crush your Thanksgiving and Christmas cheer

Happy holidays, your Netflix subscription will soon cost you more, the company seemingly told users over the weekend.

Netflix revealed in October prices were going up for its streaming video service. The timing of the price hike depended on individuals' billing cycles. Unfortunately for many loyal subscribers, that lined up nicely with the holidays.

The service issues a warning individually to users via email and on the app at least 30 days ahead of time. For users who pay the 25th of every month, that meant finding out about it on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and being charged the new price on Christmas this year.

https://twitter.com/rumpfshaker/stat...291269/photo/1

Subscribers in the U.S. who pay for the standard $9.99 service will be charged $10.99. The price of the premium tier (ultra HD and 4 screens at the same time) will rise from $11.99 to $13.99. The price for the basic $7.99 plan remains unchanged. So that's about a $1 or $2 difference, at most.

For some subscribers, the cost increase and decision to keep streaming was no question:

https://twitter.com/ryahnevers/statu...51480208723968

https://twitter.com/blakethib17/status/931197483727884288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-2399327936370321878.ampproject.net%2F1510180045130%2Fframe.html

With the price hike, hopefully subscribers will have their expectations met and see more quality shows, including original series.

Netflix originally planned to spend $6 billion on projects in 2018 but has since bumped that estimation to closer to $7 billion.
    http://mashable.com/2017/11/26/netfl...se-holiday.amp
    I heard a sarcastic "thank you" announcement on the radio on my way back from the gym this morning and thought they were just trolling, imagine my surprise when I saw a legit article. An one dollar increase doesn't really affect me much but it makes me wonder how much internet companies had to do with this price increase.
    Last edited by Clone; 2017-11-27 at 06:47 PM.

Netflix needs better shows before they do this

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I heard a sarcastic "thank you" announcement on the radio on my way back from the gym this morning and thought they were just trolling, imagine my surprise when I saw a legit article. An one dollar increase doesn't really affect me much but it makes me wonder how much internet companies had to do with this price increase.
    Your linked tweets in the quote are broken, excepting the first one.

On-Topic: Netflix offers supreme value at it's current pricepoint, and is still better bang-for-your-buck than most other similar offerings at the new prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

$2 increase? I think I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Netflix needs better shows before they do this
    Maybe you just need better tastes

How much is the price for Netflix in the US?
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Surprised they dont just bump it to 14.99 straight away.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t mind the increase if they UK choice of stuff wasn’t so shit
    Me not that kind of Orc!

With netflix doing more originals and ISP's being dicks I'm not surprised.

I get more then my money's worth from netflix so paying $11-$12 a month is fine (Got the standard HD bundle).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Probably not much at all really. They told us last month prices were going to go up. It's got more to do with them wanting to expand their lineup of original series and movies.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Pound for pound there still isn't a better entertainment value in the U.S. I'm not going to bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Even if they doubled the price, it's a tremendous value to me due to shows like all the Star Trek series, and I wouldn't balk at paying it.

Deleted
    Well considering Netflix UK is absolutely shite and the only good things are a handful of Amazon exclusives this seems suicidal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Your linked tweets in the quote are broken, excepting the first one.

On-Topic: Netflix offers supreme value at it's current pricepoint, and is still better bang-for-your-buck than most other similar offerings at the new prices.
    I know, I will fix it when I get home. It's a bitch to do on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I wouldn’t mind the increase if they UK choice of stuff wasn’t so shit
    I recall that last year, the BBC said they were working on a Netflix-style service for their entire catalog, which I'm still waiting for.

Holy shit, a WHOLE FUCKING ONE DOLLAR increase? That's it, I can't afford gifts for anyone this year!11

They need the money to pay off the ISPs.

People are pretty fucking pathetic if this "crushes their Christmas cheer" or whatever else has been said...

Still vastly cheaper than the inferior cable TV options.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Netflix is disgustingly cheap for what it provides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.