Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I pay for netflix but I also pirate a lot of shows. HBO Canada doesn't let you stream unless you get a cable package and then subscribe to a movie package. I don't want cable, I just want to be able to watch my shows online and have some way to pay for it. When you can get something easier and more convenient for free what incentive is there to pay for an inferior service? Give me the same stuff I can get for free at $50 a month and I'll pay for it no problem.
    Canada doesn't have HBO Now? (Not HBO GO that requires google).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    i can handle the slight increase. I am still pissed that we get less than 1/3 the content.

Sick of their excuses.
    What excuses are you sick of? Its been well known that Netflix wants to have the majority of there content be Original Netflix stuff. Everything else costs them to have on there platform. It only makes sense they make there own stuff and have as little as possible of everything else.

Shit cost money...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I am curious if most Netflix users also pay for 'cable'
    I pay for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So your idea is that you'll just pirate as well? That's a really shitty justification that doesn't make your decision any less scummy. You're stealing and that's the end of it.
    What is he stealing? Don't bother...

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay for any tv thing and if I want to watch something I just pirate. As easy as. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Meh still a good deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netflix is underpriced.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

If a dollar breaks you, you shouldn't be watching TV anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Netflix needs better shows before they do this
    shows and movies, its junk
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

I don't mind. Netflix is my primary form of entertainment. I cut the cord a few months ago, and I have been fine with OTA and netflix. Even if netflix was to charge $15 a month I still would pay because it has the content and delivery system that I like and is cheaper than having cable.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    A lot of reasons. Mostly being 1) I dont want to wait for the show to be on, I want to watch it on my own time (and not pay for dvr), and 2) Cable doesnt have it. It doesnt have a LOT of stuff (that isnt part of a $150 package)
    Plus advertisements. Something feels wrong when my grandparents pay ~$120/month and have to deal with 30-40% advertisements. I pay less than $20/month for on demand content, shows whenever I want, loads of seasons, and no advertisements. The only real thing you lose out on anymore is live news, which is what my grandparents love to watch (they have 4 TVs with news on basically from 4am to 10pm).
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Punisher was worth months of subscription alone

While the price increase doesn't bother me more and more streaming services are popping up all with their own exclusive content, nobody wants to pay for every streaming site so I'm guessing a piracy revolution will be coming back. I'm guessing that's why a lot the big companies are pushing to end net neutrality so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Plus advertisements. Something feels wrong when my grandparents pay ~$120/month and have to deal with 30-40% advertisements. I pay less than $20/month for on demand content, shows whenever I want, loads of seasons, and no advertisements. The only real thing you lose out on anymore is live news, which is what my grandparents love to watch (they have 4 TVs with news on basically from 4am to 10pm).
    I forgot about that. When I'm over at someone's house and its commercial, commercial, commercial, 5 minutes of TV, commercial... I briefly thought it was an advertising channel. Nope, just a childrens network.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    $2 increase? I think I'll be fine.
    Considering how much I watch, yeah, I'll be fine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    $2 increase? I think I'll be fine.
    to you maybe, but other countries $2 means a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't used Netflix since they cracked down on VPN usage, because the selection anywhere outside US is complete shit and yet it costs the same.

I.e. I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    to you maybe, but other countries $2 means a lot.
    What countries would that be? We had an increase in Sweden not long ago and it doesn't affect anyones economy.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I forgot about that. When I'm over at someone's house and its commercial, commercial, commercial, 5 minutes of TV, commercial... I briefly thought it was an advertising channel. Nope, just a childrens network.
    The worst is when you're watching an immersive movie or show, lights off, and then the ad just comes on, and it's always twice as loud as the show, so it jerks you back into reality.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Thats still cheaper then non us people pay stop crying