Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So? Who gives a shit? What we should care about is what the game will be like. Those employees are free to leave, and go somewhere else, and they're doing that. Good for them.

I honestly can't figure out why I should give two shits about some random worker who didn't hack it at CDPR, when 300-400 more did. Boo hoo?
    Well you should for your own best interest, games.

If there is a stink that working for them is bad then guess what - people would NOT work them, no games. Or poor quality one.

Hell, blood and wine already showed they fucked up in story and just take giant dump on source material, similar to what Shadow of More Dollars do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well you should for your own best interest, games.

If there is a stink that working for them is bad then guess what - people would NOT work them, no games. Or poor quality one.

Hell, blood and wine already showed they fucked up in story and just take giant dump on source material, similar to what Shadow of More Dollars do.
    Yeah, I bet it feels so amazing to find some small irrelevant thing to cling on just so one can shit on a company. Exactly the same with Bethesda, been the same with Blizzard for over a decade...yeah, nothing new here.

Yeah, I bet it feels so amazing to find some small irrelevant thing to cling on just so one can shit on a company. Exactly the same with Bethesda, been the same with Blizzard for over a decade...yeah, nothing new here.
    I just explained to you, for your self absorbed world view, why it is no small thing.

Deleted
    I just explained to you, for your self absorbed world view, why it is no small thing.
    No, you just said words, that amount to irrelevancy. You think they have relevance, but what you think doesn't really matter, at all. This company has made a bunch of great games, and let's just be clear here, I'm not even a Witcher fan. They've also gotten Mike on their side. If they have Mike on their side, then who the hell are you to say anything negative about them?

Yeah, words words words. Irrelevant.

Deleted
    Hell, blood and wine already showed they fucked up in story and just take giant dump on source material.
    What do you mean exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    What do you mean exactly?
    First of - Regis was dead and gone. He was melted into a column, even Geralt confirms he is death. Secondly, vampires didnt have some sort of anime/buffy "monster" mode or giant fingernails. The last boss battle was so painfully to watch... Also, there was no stupid rule like - you need one true vampire to kill another. The blood was nothing more that alcohol for them. Geralt was capable of killing them, albeit he admitted that probably nobody could afford price on Regis head.
    Secondly - ruler of Touissant was spoiled brat who dont know WHAT is going on on her own court, she was interested in pretty parties and how her court would spoil her.
    She was complicated as a duck. The in game representation is totally different person.
    As a fan of source material this expansion was giant pile of hot dump on it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you just said words, that amount to irrelevancy. You think they have relevance, but what you think doesn't really matter, at all. This company has made a bunch of great games, and let's just be clear here, I'm not even a Witcher fan. They've also gotten Mike on their side. If they have Mike on their side, then who the hell are you to say anything negative about them?

Yeah, words words words. Irrelevant.
    Ooooh. I see. You are rabid fanboy. Gotcha. Bye.

So? Who gives a shit? What we should care about is what the game will be like. Those employees are free to leave, and go somewhere else, and they're doing that. Good for them.

I honestly can't figure out why I should give two shits about some random worker who didn't hack it at CDPR, when 300-400 more did. Boo hoo?
    I give a shit, because I won't give money to a bag of dicks who don't treat their employers the way they should. Luckily for me The Witcher III I've bought was very cheap (promotion) and I won't buy anything else, not even Cyberpunk 2077.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I give a shit, because I won't give money to a bag of dicks who don't treat their employers the way they should. Luckily for me The Witcher III I've bought was very cheap (promotion) and I won't buy anything else, not even Cyberpunk 2077.
    I hate to break this to you but...

All employer's treat there workers like a bag of dicks. So I guess the only games you will be playing is indies made by one person. Then again that one person likely treated themself like a bag of dicks at times as well.

So it looks like you are done gaming.

Ontopic: I trust that Cyberpunk 2077 will be a solid title. Ill check it out a bit before it releases to make sure but CD Projekt Red hasn't done me wrong so far.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    You cripple Yourself then not playing good games

As for this drama around "employee" stuff, i guess western guys are not suited to work in the eastern Europe, You may see it as a "employer beeing sack of dicks" or "You work like slave", but most of the ppl here work more than ppl in the west, i guess its just a cultural thing. I work in the soft dev and staying after work hours is quite normal for this field, but software developers are paid accordingly to what they do, so its not a big problem for me tbh.

I can only guess that after this bullshit drama CDPR gonna slow down or ease on the crunch times, but as ppl said...You don't like how it is, noone is keeping u at gunpoint to stay here, simple as that, i can guess as a game dev You gonna find better job anywhere else so why whine ?

First of - Regis was dead and gone. He was melted into a column, even Geralt confirms he is death. Secondly, vampires didnt have some sort of anime/buffy "monster" mode or giant fingernails. The last boss battle was so painfully to watch... Also, there was no stupid rule like - you need one true vampire to kill another. The blood was nothing more that alcohol for them. Geralt was capable of killing them, albeit he admitted that probably nobody could afford price on Regis head.
    Sapkowski said a great many things about the universe, a lot of which was ignored or changed by CD-Projekt to fit their games. Regis is one of those things. He actually didn't say he was permanently dead, he left it open to interpretation. The implication was that he was dead as far as the story within the books was concerned, as he wouldn't regenerate within the lifespan of any of the characters.

Geralt explicitly stated that he doesn't know if he even had a chance of beating Regis. He said something along the lines that no amount of gold would have convinced him to try, and it was implied that it's not just because of their friendship, but because he would also be afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Sapkowski said a great many things about the universe, a lot of which was ignored or changed by CD-Projekt to fit their games. Regis is one of those things. He actually didn't say he was permanently dead, he left it open to interpretation. The implication was that he was dead as far as the story within the books was concerned, as he wouldn't regenerate within the lifespan of any of the characters.

Geralt explicitly stated that he doesn't know if he even had a chance of beating Regis. He said something along the lines that no amount of gold would have convinced him to try, and it was implied that it's not just because of their friendship, but because he would also be afraid.
    Yes, but he never ever stated that his silver sword would be not enough. He was afraid because Regis was very fast and strong.

Yes, but he never ever stated that his silver sword would be not enough. He was afraid because Regis was very fast and strong.
    That's because he didn't know any better. Higher vampires are a very poorly understood species in Witcher universe. Geralt knew they had strong regenerating capability (which would be hindered by silver, but not stopped), but he didn't seem to know they could recover from should-be mortal injuries like decapitation until Regis told him so. He basically assumed that whatever knowledge he had of lesser vampires and other magical species extends to higher vampires, while the reality is completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cripple Yourself then not playing good games

As for this drama around "employee" stuff, i guess western guys are not suited to work in the eastern Europe, You may see it as a "employer beeing sack of dicks" or "You work like slave", but most of the ppl here work more than ppl in the west, i guess its just a cultural thing. I work in the soft dev and staying after work hours is quite normal for this field, but software developers are paid accordingly to what they do, so its not a big problem for me tbh.

I can only guess that after this bullshit drama CDPR gonna slow down or ease on the crunch times, but as ppl said...You don't like how it is, noone is keeping u at gunpoint to stay here, simple as that, i can guess as a game dev You gonna find better job anywhere else so why whine ?
    Quite the opposite. Longer hours and sometimes two jobs. This is especially noticeable by depression, and intake of pharmaceuticals.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Quite the opposite. Longer hours and sometimes two jobs. This is especially noticeable by depression, and intake of pharmaceuticals.
    You might be surprised, but i feel quite well

Thank you, indeed. They've created an amazing world in the Elder Scrolls, one that has spanned quite a few amazing games. They also took the job of taking the Fallout world from isometric into 3D, and did not completely fail at that, despite the naysayers and fanbois. All of their "paid mods" have always been, and still are, available for free in the Nexus. Bethesda has had, and still has, one of the most vibrant modding communities in all of the gaming world, and it is, quite frankly, why the Nexus exists to begin with.

So, yes. Thank you Bethesda. Despite your missteps, you're an amazing company, and you've done amazing things, and I for one hope you'll continue to do amazing things in the future.

Also, Bethesda has nothing to do with CDPR or 2077.
    You act like bethesda fucking black isle and interplay over o n the fallout license is a good thing.

Bethesda are only great because of modders. Their games after morrowind are utter dogshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    You might be surprised, but i feel quite well
    Well it's a good thing you get paid for what you do, with no entaglements.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Well it's a good thing you get paid for what you do, with no entaglements.
    Noone is forcing anyone to work in the company that doesn't pay for extra hours . I guess if anyone decides to move, for instance, from US or Germany or any other richer country and move to Poland to work in CDPR, is his motivation money ? If yes, then that person cripples self from the start .