New sword and board animation?

I noticed this on my Pandaren warrior recently, their combat animation for sword and board changed, this happen with anyone else? Seems a neat change, shields should have their own animations.

Old

New
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in full support of this. It helps dual-wielding have its own identity and makes much more sense than some of the ways characters held shields before--female blood elves held the shield completely behind them and human males squared up and held their shield at the side.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    My warrior hasn't been a female panda for a couple years now but that is definitely an improved stance.

Did they do this to more races, or just Pandaren? I hadn't noticed. Awesome change!

Great, the first stance is fine while channeling soothing mist, but doesn't fit for a warrior, looked super impractical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, you got me excited. My paladin still holds his shield like a muppet.

What a silly goose.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice to have the shield in actual attack ready pose instead of being a clear shot for the archers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The old one was more racially appropriate to their type or martial art, which was supposed to be visually reflective in all their other classes. Takes away a lot of the flavor from the race. But then again, you hardly ever see any race's unique racial animations anymore. So what's one more being lost in the eventual deluge. (One day this is going to hit critical mass.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    What scene is this? I keep seeing people linking it!
    When aggramar almost murders you in Argus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The old one was more racially appropriate to their type or martial art, which was supposed to be visually reflective in all their other classes. Takes away a lot of the flavor from the race. But then again, you hardly ever see any race's unique racial animations anymore. So what's one more being lost in the eventual deluge. (One day this is going to hit critical mass.)
    "Racial flavour" is one thing, but the very point of shields is holding them in front of you in order to, you know, shield yourself from incoming attacks, seeing that Pandaren hold her shield to the side for a cooler kung-fu pose is pretty silly to me...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    "Racial flavour" is one thing, but the very point of shields is holding them in front of you in order to, you know, shield yourself from incoming attacks, seeing that Pandaren hold her shield to the side for a cooler kung-fu pose is pretty silly to me...
    Idle shield animation =/= blocking animation.
    If they just hold it in front of themselves all the time, why aren't they always benefiting from block?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I have played through all of Argus, can one go back and revisit the cinematics? Or did everyone just happen to screenshot just then?
    Yes, there's a broken in a cave opposite Magni's cave in Krokul Hovel.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Idle shield animation =/= blocking animation.
    Except that is not "idle" animation:

The image on the left is the "idle" animation. The one on the right is the "combat ready" animation for the one-handed, dual-wielding, and sword-and-board poses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except that is not "idle" animation:
    The image on the left is the "idle" animation. The one on the right is the "combat ready" animation for the one-handed, dual-wielding, and sword-and-board poses.
    4 year necro by an adbot.