Poll: How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    LOL looks like the people has spoken goodbye unbalanced pvp them stats tho

"balanced"... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

World PvP isn't a part of my life in any way since I play on PvE servers, so I'm not sure what response I should've used here.

Deleted
    OMG you again, why are you not like perma banned yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    OMG you again, why are you not like perma banned yet?!
    He's trying to kill us with that avatar picture.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    It's ok. They took your tier bonuses away, and whittled down raid gear to identical sets, but your whittling has only just begun my crybaby free-kill. Btw, PvE realms already have a PvP toggle. Type /pvp, scrub

- - - Updated - - -

I dont like that you serve meat in your house, I demand you serve only kale, or kale meat substitute(for you filthy meat eaters who deserve having your meat taken away) I have friends in your house that eat kale and I want to eat kale with them, even though they probably also eat meat. They wont mind meat substitute- obviously, because they already like kale.
    By your argument because you "choose" a PvP server for PvP then you should not have PvE, because you did not choose the server labelled that.
    Should then PvE servers also have all PvP removed, because of that label ?
    No, because there is a reason why that label does not define the content available on it, because that is not the sole reason for being there.
    If you want to keep up that opinion, then you should be demanding removal of PvE from your favoured PvP realm.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-28 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    But hey, to the casuals and bads who moaned for this over the years: Thanks for taking away choice from me. Obviously it's a good thing Blizzard chose to cater to you, even though PvE servers already exist.
    "I should be able to choose to camp and grief you over and over again, but you should not be able to choose to quest without me killing you over and over and wasting your time."

yeah...makes perfect sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I dont like that you serve meat in your house, I demand you serve only kale, or kale meat substitute(for you filthy meat eaters who deserve having your meat taken away) I have friends in your house that eat kale and I want to eat kale with them, even though they probably also eat meat. They wont mind meat substitute- obviously, because they already like kale.
    Your analogies are all wrong.

PVE and PVP servers are steak only / kale only restaurants. You want to join your friends for dinner? You can only eat either steak (if they are at a steakhouse) or you can only eat kale (if they are not at a steakhouse). That's it. No choice. The diner serves only one type of food to everyone who goes there.

With the new system, you can join your friends for dinner who eat kale, and still order a steak...and if one of your kale eating friends decides they want to eat steak tonight, they can order it as well without having to leave all their friends and find a new restaurant.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2017-11-28 at 02:42 AM.

I hope they make it so we have actual fights in world PvP, but that those fights also end.

No retarded Legendary oneshots.

No neverending tank / healer duels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    "I should be able to choose to camp and grief you over and over again, but you should not be able to choose to quest without me killing you over and over and wasting your time."

yeah...makes perfect sense.
    You literally already have that option. They're called PvE servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll flop and wPvP will remain dead.

These are the devs that thought Legendary 1 shots, ashran, and warden towers would lead to exciting PvP.

Yeah, that's true except for the part where I literally don't have that option. You can't pop back and forth from PVE server to PVP server. Maybe you are thinking of Runescape or some other MMO where you pick your server during login.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It'll flop and wPvP will remain dead.

These are the devs that thought Legendary 1 shots, ashran, and warden towers would lead to exciting PvP.
    The only way I see WPVP not staying dead is if they can bring some semblance of balance. I think PVP sharding goes a lot further in the right direction than what we have currently, which is primarily massively imbalanced PVP servers.

Players who are running around wiping out the other faction at whim love WPVP. The players in the faction that are getting wiped out over and over again don't love WPVP, so they either transfer to a PVE server or an imbalanced PVP servers in their favor, and before you know it, WPVP is dead because only one side shows up.

This is what I don't get about the WPVP whiners. They can't grasp the concept that for other players to engage in an activity it has to be fun for them. Being fun for you ganking them over and over again won't compel them to play. If you want people to play with you, you can't just keep punching them in the face while their hands are tied behind their backs. WPVP has to be balanced for both parties involved for it to survive.

This thread was more about being brought into pvp realms when using the search for group or party feature to complete quests and do group based content.

The idea going forward is to allow people who want to pvp to pvp, and those that dont, not too. Making it a toggle that is turned on or off at cities and is not something that can be /pvp on or off at a whim. So it lets people pvp and those that dont, dont. Its pretty straight forward. Also people join servers to be with friends, family not to pvp, so this helps out a ton.

The only concerns i have is if in a non instanced area, will non flagged be able to heal or buff flagged people.

Deleted
    Yeah but to be really honest and objective, i can't see this change doing harm to PvP crowd.

First of all, just to silent people, i play on a PVE server. And that's sorted.

I prefer PvE. But i played for a lot lot lot of time on a PvP server. I suck at PvP so i always avoided PvP, even in world, like a plague. In other words, my only contribution to world PvP was to being GANKED.

In short, a PvE player "stuck" in a PvP sever does NOT contribute in PvP at all, but it's just meat for gankers.

With this new option, you give this "stuck" player a chance to not be griefed. But for the rest of real PvPers, nothing change. Only mindless gankers will lose from this situation, because probably they will find around the world people with a REAL PvP mentality.

And this new option, allow someone, like me, who prefer PvE, to try and step a foot inside world PvP, without long term risk.

It's totally a win win: FOR REAL PVPers

It's a loss for griefer and low level/noob gankers.

Gonna be interesting to see how many people actually wanted to participate in world pvp. My guess is a pretty low number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Selfishly, I am happy to see PvP culture being moved away from. Unselfishly, I can see that it's frustrating to a lot of people who play on PvP servers for that reason -- ganking, and trash talking for days.

It doesn't effect me directly because I don't play on a PvP server. Because that shit doesn't appeal to me. So I haven't really given an opinion on this, since I don't want my opinion to effect it. It's not my server, so I don't really care enough to matter.

I hardly ever PvP, but if re-balancing means that I won't die in a single stun, that's a positive change.