Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

So Alliance lost the Nightborne beacuse Tyrande was a dick?

She should get some sort of a slap on the wrist (butt) from Malfurion at least. Who's with me?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

And the Alliance lost the High/Blood Elves because Garithos was a dick. I sense a pattern...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    She should get some sort of a slap on the wrist (butt) from Malfurion at least. Who's with me?
    "Dick". Telling the truth you mean.

But yes, thats what you get for telling the truth. No Nightborne for you!

And it was blizzard. Not Tyrande. They did an asspull of Void Elves, so they had to do another asspull so Horde got Nightborne.

It was a choice between choosing the faction with more similar elves, or the faction with another type of elves who suffered from the same type of addiction as them (maaagic).

So it would be a rather hard choice to begin with, but her attitude made the Nightborne's decision much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And the Alliance lost the High/Blood Elves because Garithos was a dick. I sense a pattern...
    To be fair Garithos pulled a Garrosh, and Tyrande has always been a dick but goddammit someone teach these stuck-up nelves some diplomacy...

Also "Garithos" and "Garrosh", both starting with "Gar" and they even rhime somewhat...
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2017-11-28 at 03:24 PM.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Also "Garithos" and "Garrosh", both starting with "Gar" and they even rhime somewhat...
    Probably not a coincidence either. Someone at Blizz is probably named Gar(y) and no one likes him :<

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty much on point.

Don't worry though, first horde takes her ancestral home (Suramar) by recruiting the Nightborne. Next, they'll burn down her current home.

So more than just a slap I'd say.

Yes Tyrande's name calling hurt their feeling's so so bad. Please they have more in common with the belfs thats why they went horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Yes Tyrande's name calling hurt their feeling's so so bad. Please they have more in common with the belfs thats why they went horde.
    The Night Elves(current) were also addicted, 10.000 years ago. So surely they all share the same history. Right?

Unless you are a Human, Alliance really doesn't care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    "Dick". Telling the truth you mean.
    Undiplomatic, though. It's little surprise they feel more welcome among the Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Unless you are a Human, Alliance really doesn't care about you.
    You mean white male (human)? Dohoh.

I'm just joshing of course but damn, this is a major ball-drop for Alliance. There should be some repercussions!

If they had to come up with some crazy ass justification for the Nightborne joining the Horde I'm at least grateful that justification makes Tyrande look like a douchebag.

I'm surprised she isn't driving more races to the Horde to be honest.

The Night Elves(current) were also addicted, 10.000 years ago. So surely they all share the same history. Right?
    Night Elves are likely still addicted. Everywhere they go they have to bring moonwells with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Treehugging, superstitious, human sidekicks vs Elves with vastly similar experiences.

Nightborne are basically a retelling of the Blood Elven struggle with mana addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Undiplomatic, though. It's little surprise they feel more welcome among the Blood Elves.
    It's a big surprise they aren't neutral, because both faction were there, helping them, equally. Pandas still went both even though the Horde had Garrosh. Unconsistent storytelling, thats what it is. Alliance-players have a good reason to be a bit upset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Night Elves are likely still addicted. Everywhere they go they have to bring moonwells with them.
    Probably yes. So they all share same god damn history:P Lets have a fire-camp in Suramar all elves! Oh wait..

NE 10 000 years ago weren't addicted to magic. They were just over-reliant on it and used it in excess without really understanding it fully.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Treehugging, superstitious, human sidekicks vs Elves with vastly similar experiences.

Nightborne are basically a retelling of the Blood Elven struggle with mana addiction.
    No shit, sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta View Post
    They were just over-reliant on it and used it in excess without really understanding it fully.
    Ehh isn't that every new synthetic drug ever?

It's a big surprise they aren't neutral, because both faction were there, helping them, equally. Pandas still went both even though the Horde had Garrosh. Unconsistent storytelling, thats what it is. Alliance-players have a good reason to be a bit upset.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably yes. So they all share same god damn history:P Lets have a fire-camp in Suramar all elves! Oh wait..
    Well that's the thing, Night Elves are either denying or ignorant of an ongoing addiction. Where as the Bloodelves are aware of and challenge their addictions. The Nightborne are well aware of their addictions and now a large portion of their population have just got done living enslaved to their addiction with no relief in sight. Blood Elves are extremely sympathetic to this situation, where as Night Elves have a history of casting out and excommunicating magic addicts, which considering they are likely still addicted is highly hypocritical.