Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In a less ''heated'' discussion, what do you think of the SP campaign ?

Two points are worth bringing out.

1)The fairy by the book by now accusation of the daddy girl being ''a Mary Sue'' are as usual dubious. Comme to old EU female competent Imperials, Versio is actually fairly subdued (not so much in her book, but in the game yes). Compared to the (previous canon) Juno Eclipse or Mara Jade, she is a quite grounded character (her book quite obviously build her as Mara Jade 2.0, but without the Force and with a set of infiltration skill completely useless in a BF2 game)

2)The plot itself have the cardinal sin to not explain terribly well stuff that is in the comics and the new books. Suffice to say, Operation Cinder is a misnomer. Palpatine built it as burn the Galaxy, his followers (AKA, Snoke) saw it as ''like in a crucible, burn everything until the truly worthy remains''. Operation Cinder goal is openly to root ouf the Empire every Imperial that ''was just doing my job''-after Cinder and Jaaku, the only ones lefts are the utterly insane ones (the First Order) IE, the plot is somewhat more coherent that a succcesion of vignette: Iden and the other guy defecting follow the path of the immense majority of Imperials who were conscripted, signed for dental schools or were impressed by nice uniforms-the ones that are left are the nutjobs.

The metascore is just right really from what I have seen. The user score is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The metascore is just right really from what I have seen. The user score is just silly.
    User score is always silly, should be mocked up and disabled.

Everyone that bought BF2 is fully within his rights to rank it -100 out of 10, it's an awful game

However, people who never bought it and rank it zero with the sole purpose of sabotaging the metascore...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Everyone that bought BF2 is fully within his rights to rank it -100 out of 10, it's an awful game

However, people who never bought it and rank it zero with the sole purpose of sabotaging the metascore...
    Ofc it is. They can do whatever they want. I would still mock the "user score" either on metacritic or steam. Players proved time and time again they are idiot mob who follows trends without second though, one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

Player meta score is a good indication that game “X” has problems. I hardly care what others thing, but if I see a game with 80-99 critic review and 0-5 player review, I simply put away my wallet until I research what are the issues game has.

9 out of 10 this ends up me passing said game.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite FPS of the year. Can't wait till the week of The Last Jedi for the first content release/unlock.

My complaints are that they should've waited to release closer to TLJ to lessen the content gap, right now it feels like early access. Thats probably due to latching on to the holiday season and having enough time to live test before TLJ. The game and rewards is obviously designed around the content (which is free) being there. Prelaunch microtransaction model or current iteration of the game, doesn't matter, theres no reason for 3 types of currency for unlocks. One would be sufficient. It really doesn't take long to unlock all the heroes in the game via singleplayer and multiplayer, the grind in if you try to do it via arcade...which makes sense because people are already exploiting arcade for credits. Someone nolifing the game and finessing the system clearly had an advantage over people who just want to play actual MP.

They should've including galactic conquest just to get people to shut up about it but playing a bunch of brain dead AI is boring.

What they do need is local space battles. Speaking of space battles, fun but spawn camping is a huge problem. New players around going to play in 3 months down the line because their ships will be absolutely paper compared to anyone who casually played for a month.

Singleplayer is fun but obviously cut short because they have to wait until TLJ. either Rey is Iden's daughter or Iden's daughter is in TLF

MP overall plays like Battlefield-lite but not in a bad way. Whats missing is individual player recognition (not something Battlefield is huge on anyway though). Feeling like you're just a pair of boots part of a bigger machine is real, some people like it and some dont. Supporting roles aren't rewards pointwise (but game changing when it actually comes to winning). Example, Officer is an amazing support class but you don't get many personal score points for popping your buffs/abilities are critical moments sans a few abilities - thus the role can feel unfulfilling at times despite being an absolute game changer when it comes to critical pushes. A faction agnostic hold capture x points mode should be in the game to shut up people looking for the old school experience. There should be a way to unlock other guns not tired to kills but I know why they did it that way so people couldn't say P2W.

PS: The fake pictures posted on reddit are cringeworthy. The fact that people upvote them illustrate the problem with reddits karma system and how its easily exploited.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Favorite FPS of the year. Can't wait till the week of The Last Jedi for the first content release/unlock.

My complaints are that they should've waited to release closer to TLJ to lessen the content gap, right now it feels like early access. Thats probably due to latching on to the holiday season and having enough time to live test before TLJ. The game and rewards is obviously designed around the content (which is free) being there. Prelaunch microtransaction model or current iteration of the game, doesn't matter, theres no reason for 3 types of currency for unlocks. One would be sufficient. It really doesn't take long to unlock all the heroes in the game via singleplayer and multiplayer, the grind in if you try to do it via arcade...which makes sense because people are already exploiting arcade for credits. Someone nolifing the game and finessing the system clearly had an advantage over people who just want to play actual MP.

They should've including galactic conquest just to get people to shut up about it but playing a bunch of brain dead AI is boring.

What they do need is local space battles. Speaking of space battles, fun but spawn camping is a huge problem. New players around going to play in 3 months down the line because their ships will be absolutely paper compared to anyone who casually played for a month.

Singleplayer is fun but obviously cut short because they have to wait until TLJ. either Rey is Iden's daughter or Iden's daughter is in TLF

MP overall plays like Battlefield-lite but not in a bad way. Whats missing is individual player recognition (not something Battlefield is huge on anyway though). Feeling like you're just a pair of boots part of a bigger machine is real, some people like it and some dont. Supporting roles aren't rewards pointwise (but game changing when it actually comes to winning). Example, Officer is an amazing support class but you don't get many personal score points for popping your buffs/abilities are critical moments sans a few abilities - thus the role can feel unfulfilling at times despite being an absolute game changer when it comes to critical pushes. A faction agnostic hold capture x points mode should be in the game to shut up people looking for the old school experience. There should be a way to unlock other guns not tired to kills but I know why they did it that way so people couldn't say P2W.

PS: The fake pictures posted on reddit are cringeworthy. The fact that people upvote them illustrate the problem with reddits karma system and how its easily exploited.
    The grind is aids, the upgrade system is shit, the loot system is shit. Its a good game with bad backend. what fake pictures are we talking about though.

It's funny how EA ruined a fine game with all their silly shit placed on top of the actual gameplay. The first Battlefront was already a good game once the price dropped (I got it for ~20€) and by the looks of it they've improved many things. I think I'm just going to wait until they fix this whole mess. It can't be that hard to make games enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's funny how EA ruined a fine game with all their silly shit placed on top of the actual gameplay. The first Battlefront was already a good game once the price dropped (I got it for ~20€) and by the looks of it they've improved many things. I think I'm just going to wait until they fix this whole mess. It can't be that hard to make games enjoyable.
    The last battlefront game was absolute dogshit mechanics wise and gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call of lootbox is on:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The grind is aids, the upgrade system is shit, the loot system is shit. Its a good game with bad backend. what fake pictures are we talking about though.
    This might not be what they were talking about, but there were numerous fake pictures on Reddit regarding the BFII circle-jerk memes. One specifically showed that not buying a hero meant that playing Heroes vs Villains would result in there not being enough heroes or villains for your entire team. The screen shot was doctored and had multiple free heroes removed from the UI.

There were a few others but I don't recall this morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    More news:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Pretty much this, I don't know if I'd play it if someone gave it to me. I'd feel really dirty.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think wow boting is bad:

...it just proves it that is pointless to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    If you think wow boting is bad:

...it just proves it that is pointless to play.
    While it's no great situation I strongly oppose his solution that "better" players - or even worse players in the better team - in the game should be rewarded more. This would even further increase the gap between equipped and new players, and for sure no fun experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    While it's no great situation I strongly oppose his solution that "better" players - or even worse players in the better team - in the game should be rewarded more. This would even further increase the gap between equipped and new players, and for sure no fun experience.
    Yeah I agree, you should earn more if you play better, but just make it a small amount.

I think all they have to do is double credit rewards and when they bring back MT make it for cosmetics only. They can do plenty of variations for the 4 classes, just different faces alone gives you plenty of options.

When it comes to the likes of Darth Vader, The Emperor etc. the choices are more limited, so that is a problem. I don't want to see pink Darth Vaders either.

Deleted
    I mean, the criticism against the lootboxes are all fair and square but they're far from the only problem this product has, lol. Utterly garbage campaign that must have been heavily influenced by the execs(Disney?) despite having a very capable writer on the team, questionable map design and a lackluster amount of gamemodes/no new ones. Where the hell is space combat where you can board enemy vessels? How the hell can a game from over 10 years ago have more content and more engaging/enjoyable design and mechanics?

EA's the satan here, sure but DICE isn't the poor victim in this situation either, since they've made a bad game. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    I mean, the criticism against the lootboxes are all fair and square but they're far from the only problem this product has, lol. Utterly garbage campaign that must have been heavily influenced by the execs(Disney?) despite having a very capable writer on the team, questionable map design and a lackluster amount of gamemodes/no new ones. Where the hell is space combat where you can board enemy vessels? How the hell can a game from over 10 years ago have more content and more engaging/enjoyable design and mechanics?

EA's the satan here, sure but DICE isn't the poor victim in this situation either, since they've made a bad game. Again.
    If only They had over 20 years of established starwars story to pull from instead of having to write new shoddy meh story. Oh wait disney retconned all of that.

Deleted
    literally just make an ACTUAL FUCKING STORY ABOUT THE FUCKING EMPIRE SPECIAL OPS and maybe make it in vein of the second Captain America movie, a spy action flick.

but nah lol man gotta make these shitty unneccesary tie-ins to our new trilogy

hey kids wanna know where that star destroyer on jakku came from??? play the game!!!!